2.0.1 Hotfix

We have deployed a restartless fix to Voidscream.

This fixes a bug where its summoned minions were the wrong level.

Why do these "restartless" fixes always mean that steam is going to spend a few minutes updating the game?
Steam spends so much time because it has to patch a really big file. Even though the patch is small it still has to read the great big content package file.
awesome
"
Steam spends so much time because it has to patch a really big file. Even though the patch is small it still has to read the great big content package file.

Funny that plenty of other games that are much larger seem to not have an issue with small patches, or even large patches for that matter.

It reminds me of when they said desync was just something we'd have to accept for the most part, yet magically its pretty much a non issue.
"
Given they utterly obliterated me, I'd love to know what level they were.
"
diem4801 wrote:
"

Funny that plenty of other games that are much larger seem to not have an issue with small patches, or even large patches for that matter.

It reminds me of when they said desync was just something we'd have to accept for the most part, yet magically its pretty much a non issue.

Blame Steam. Standalone version has no issues.
I used to use Steam. The incredibly long patching times pushed me to the standalone client.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Why do these "restartless" fixes always mean that steam is going to spend a few minutes updating the game?

I have the same issue.
"
I used to use Steam. The incredibly long patching times pushed me to the standalone client.

I really like playing PoE on Steam. I like collecting the cards and seeing the played hours. But this was it for me. My laptop slows to a crawl whenever I open Steam. I downloaded the .msi and will reinstall the standalone.

"
diem4801 wrote:

Yeah, I don't get it. Steam works fine with other games. PoE standalone works fine. It's just the combination of the two that has this problem.

"
diem4801 wrote:

I remember Chris saying over and over that they were working on it, but it was complicated and took time since they had to rewrite the whole thing. Looks like it's just what happened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info