Cold Snap

"
IonSugeRau wrote:
Not sure if it's been asked here before but ... does this spell bypass it's cooldown when linked to a cast on critical strike gem ?

it shouldnt, and probably doesnt
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
IonSugeRau wrote:
Not sure if it's been asked here before but ... does this spell bypass it's cooldown when linked to a cast on critical strike gem ?

it shouldnt, and probably doesnt

Well ... I want more then that :)) ... some solid proof anyone ?
Doesn't work. I tested it with CwDT and Cast on Melee Kill.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Doesn't work. I tested it with CwDT and Cast on Melee Kill.

Thanks
you can be really silly though with coldsnap. it would require a lot of slots but you could get ice spear with powercharge on crit and improved crit, and mix it with coldsnap with the same 2 support gems. If you get 5 power charges with enough crit chance nodes.. There's a good chance you can spam the spell at least 7 or 8 times in a row. Just use the ice spear to build to 5 charges and fire away. maybe increase your area effect's range and damage to make them really count.
Last edited by AstosMaldova on Nov 16, 2013, 2:11:07 AM
"
AstosMaldova wrote:
you can be really silly though with coldsnap. it would require a lot of slots but you could get ice spear with powercharge on crit and improved crit, and mix it with coldsnap with the same 2 support gems. If you get 5 power charges with enough crit chance nodes.. There's a good chance you can spam the spell at least 7 or 8 times in a row. Just use the ice spear to build to 5 charges and fire away. maybe increase your area effect's range and damage to make them really count.
vols or a power charge on crit with tempest shield, then a cold snap cast on damage taken also on cast on stun.
enjoy?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
AstosMaldova wrote:
vols or a power charge on crit with tempest shield, then a cold snap cast on damage taken also on cast on stun.
enjoy?
Honestly Cold Snap is best used as a support skill taking advantage of the increased freeze chance. The damage is good and all, but you're not going to squeeze as much damage out of it as you would Freezing Pulse or Arctic Breath with LMP or GMP.

Cold Snap/Frostbite/Added Cold Damage/Elemental Proliferation/Added AOE.
If I link cold snap to ice spear, my ice spear chance to freeze get increazed??
"
haviv_cohen wrote:
If I link cold snap to ice spear, my ice spear chance to freeze get increazed??
no
Edit due to phone messups, that isnt how linking works
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 12, 2013, 2:04:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info