Blood Rage

"
revenantlaw wrote:
"
Krupkee wrote:
just paired this with increased duration, increased its duration to 13.2 seconds, but the refresh only lasts ~9 seconds. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Quoting cause this kind of makes a difference on whether this skill is just too much inconvenience to use. Mine is 11s increased to 17s, but goes back to 11s on refresh from kill. With a ranged build, I always advance by summoning skeletons to scout the way and prevent being mobbed. 17s is enough time to check out the sockets on loot then scout to the next mob pack, but 11s means I have to cast blood rage constantly.
This is a known issue, which we'd like to address, but there's not a simple fix yet.
"
Mark, how about doing this:

The max duration of the skill is equal to the enhanced duration (with gems/passives).

Each kills while under bloodrage add 20 seconds.

Since the time cap is under 20s, it simply max out the maximum time it can have.

That's probably not the most elegant way to do it, but it should work.
That doesn't work, I'm afraid. There's no concept of a "max duration" for the skill, nor could such a thing be easily added if we wanted one.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 10, 2012, 2:02:48 AM
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
FYI, if you have skill duration passives or buff/debuff passives (which, granted, aren't as common or easily obtained as they probably should be), both the initial duration and the reset duration after a kill will be increased.
Correct - the issue is to do with getting information that only exists in the skill into the new buff. The stats you have increase all buffs you make, so will apply to the new blood rage. But it doesn't have access to the skill which created it, and it's hard to get that information (especially since you could have multiple instances of the blood rage skill with different supports)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You're taking damage, and Energy Shield doesn't regenerate until after you stop taking damage. Pretty sure this is a case of Feature, Not a Bug. :)
Correct.
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
Not sure if it's meant to work like this but totem kills don't grant frenzy charges to the player. I understand if that's by design but if not it would be truly awesome if it worked.
That's intended. The totem would get a charge if they could have charges, since it got the kill. But totem's can't have charges. You need to get the kill to get the frenzy charge.
Oops, you're right. I'd forgotten totems are currently allowed endurance charges (but not the others). I wouldn't be surprised if that gets changed so they can't have any to be consistent, but I'm not sure.
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
Killing an enemy while under the effect of blood rage supported by increased duration does not take into account the increased duration when refreshing the buff.
Yes, this is a known issue.
"
sonsofhorus wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the frenzy charges granted by the skill according to the character menu show the base level 1 version of frenzy.

Does it take into account if you have the skill frenzy on your character from a gem and use the mods of the skill from that?

Or does it just use the level 1 version of the skill?

What if you use the frenzy skill and cap the charges, but then use blood rage to keep the timer reset? Does it change the type or charge?

Not sure about these details, I play a level 32 melee sword / shield ranger.
There is never in any way any difference between frenzy charges. All frenzy charges are completely identical, regardless of source.

A frenzy charge has no stats - charges are nothing more than a number that tells you how many you have. There's nothing in each charge that could be different. But your character has stats that give them bonuses based on that number - you can see these in the character panel under the "Charges" tab. That lists all the bonuses you character will get for each type of charge (and you can add to this list with certain passives).

At base, a character gets 5% increased attack speed per frenzy charge, and 5% increased cast speed per frenzy charge.
"
sonsofhorus wrote:
So is it safe to say the charge is based on the Frenzy skills "charge value"?
There is no "charge value".

"
sonsofhorus wrote:
Only reason I ask is in that tab under charges the Blood Rage skill says Frenzy charges only give 5% attack speed and 5% damage.

But if I look at the frenzy skill itself the frenzy charges are vastly better.
N, that's not what it's saying. Your character always gets 5% increased attack speed and 5% increased cast speed per frenzy charge (plus any other bonus for passives. Those are the bonuses that apply to your character.

The Frenzy skill, in addition, gets extra bonuses for each charge you have - but that's what that skill gets, not anything else.

When a skill says on it's gem/popup that it has "X% increased attack speed" or "X% increased damage" of "X% increased whatever per frenzy charge" that's a bonus on that skill, not your character.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 20, 2012, 1:02:16 AM
Technically the life leech on quality isn't new, but it's been buffed to be more noticeable recently.
Bonuses from quality, like those from support gems, can't be reapplied when the buff refreshes. This is a known issue and will be fixed eventually, but it's not something we can focus on for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info