[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker)

"
prydz666 wrote:
i have some mana issues, currently lv32 and using 4-link wild strike, what do you suggest?

With mana leech you shouldn't have any problems, talking about the gem. I don't recommend going wild strike until rigvalds honestly, or at least not without multistrike which is lv38, it's just a bit worse then ice crash(28) until then. Go 2h all the way, no need for 1h if your doing that for attack speed.

Elreon rings help a ton, -8 mana cost of skills is the best, you only really need one. Gain 2 mana for each hit jewels help a lot too until you can get spirit void, and you should have 2 jewel sockets at your level. Damage will come once you get sword node circle+rigvald's so if damage seems down it'll pick up in cruel and be good until next upgrade around lv50.

Otherwise low level clarity, mana on kill on gloves/weapon, get thrill killer early, use just hatred for aura; mana shouldn't be a problem in early 30's. Push comes to shove if you have to bring a mana pot and try to be effective with your hits so you don't whiff and spam attack when monsters are already dead or slightly out of range, one of the negatives of a targeted skill.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
thanks i'll look into that
Rallying Cry is great option if you are heaving mana problems. It grants flat mana regen. And early game Enduring Cry is not worth being used, so little extra dmg and the flat mana is great.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Wouldn't it be better to get oak in cruel? doesn't the tree provide plenty of attack speed?
I was wondering how is survivability?Can you manage maps and bosses?
"
Sammun wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to get oak in cruel? doesn't the tree provide plenty of attack speed?

Either or is fine, I think the difference would be negligible. As long as you pass 6 aps late game then perhaps the physical is a tiny bit better, I'm currently 6.3, 6.6 if I had 12% attack speed gloves. imo attack speed is always a bit better for crit builds, especially a lowish crit build like this one.

"
demosty wrote:
I was wondering how is survivability?Can you manage maps and bosses?

The build is about as average in defense as you can get. There's no defense setups other than leap slam+fortify and CWDT immortal call, that's it. No spell block/dodge, no block. I imagine someone better then me could think of a better combo with the 2H while still retaining most of the dps, but my intention was to just make a yolo-ish build with some deeps for relatively cheap, and that's what the build is currently. With a 6-link however I think survivability would raise through the roof as currently, the life leech I have is poor despite taking vaal pact (now 1.3% since I specced out of vitality void for iron reflex) so LL gem would be amazing I would think, especially since the 2.1% I had was decent and that's just for physical and most of our damage is actually elemental.

I've added a map video to "The Action" section without abyssus, as well as updated dps screens with my new dps after gaining 3 levels from the voll vid. You can see how the build fairs in average maps, though my computer pretty much makes every map a pain and rippy to go through with all the lag/freezes I get, especially during recording :/ I unfortunately had no 75+ maps, and the 74 maps I ran (torture chamber/labyrinth) all were extremely laggy so this was the best I could get.
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Thought this up so as to show an alternative passive take on the build for anyone struggling with resist. This also gives more health at the loss of physical leech, which would be made moot by a LL gem in a 6-link anyway and leech overall is still pretty meh anyways.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfI1kti9PycqTaQ5IuJH4oazLOkA7qxHfVtRTMpKdweHE5ykb57A40tX8bODCYTFm7VfsMM6KjgWvw-rJItVS2HiJpWMNrVIbWw2PWyMnapirHBSKgvz6qXLVYUUdVuv3Q0VICmldPEY21h1dKB31wYgSn3jn4d2DY1W6J-C4JXnD9y9MbDL9dRSMHx_K1b6AhGj50TSAydNkiP2jX3-HcFJyNy9NmVNvqcZtC2DR36E2YdqqZR7w7ALiFumV03j_o8xnpAK

This also takes scion resist path to cover resist to allow greater flexibility. You lose 13% attack speed for 18% all resist and 12% melee physical, damage is allowed to be loss when you have a abyssus/devoto's(now decent thanks to AS loss)/rat's nest. If you take this route Cruel Bandit reward must be attack speed from Kraytan.

Losing Vitality void cluster allows us to gain 15% increased life (160% total), 12% increased physical damage, and 20 STR (important). If you somehow capped resist without scion elemental start then fill free to stick with attack speed start, however its nice to be over capped in resist to be able to do ele weakness maps.

Also, in conjunction with Abyssus/Rat's Nest, an alternative aura setup is to lose Hatred (crazy?) for Ash, and Arctic Armour. This should help with phys mitigation since we do stand still when we attack (albeit you have to play more slowly instead of constantly moving forward to take advantage of AA's mitigation). Ash gives less than half the damage hatred gives, but that's the trade off for more defense (if hatred gives 9k, then ash gives around 4k, burning effect is whatever since it's unbuffed with no passive support).
1 question, why herald of ice instead of ash?

oh and, at what level should i pick vaal pact?
Last edited by prydz666 on Aug 11, 2015, 4:00:04 PM
heyho,
thinking about doing a simliar build "inspried" by yours.
what do you think about this tree?
105 points

i read the 2hand icecrush duelist and read your build and tried to combine both of yours. the only question is if its ok or not to go full evade + acro or not.
"
prydz666 wrote:
1 question, why herald of ice instead of ash?

oh and, at what level should i pick vaal pact?

HoI - Curse on hit - Assassin's Mark - Mana Leech

That's the only reason why, ash can't do that and is simply a damage boost which I deem not as important as better utility that ice gives overall. When you shatter an enemy, hoi ice explosion curses assassin's mark and then the damage it does leeches mana back to you, this makes mana management easier and allows me not to ever use a pot, which free's up a slot for a damage pot like Taste of Hate or Atziri's Promise.

Vaal Pact...whenever you want, honestly I'm not sure if it's even useful atm without a LL gem or any major leech but with Daresso and shadow leech node along with cwdt warlord's mark it does seem to have decent leech back, whereas if you went without it you would probably get very little health in return, and we have zilch for life regen so I think it's worth the one point, maybe a bit before mapping around lv68. With LL gem I imagine it could facetank a little more often. Life gain on hit gem is nice, but its mana multiplier is too high and causes you to run out of mana more often than if you were to use LL gem.

Though desecrate maps are a bit of a pain/management :p

"
XRacKS wrote:
heyho,
thinking about doing a simliar build "inspried" by yours.
what do you think about this tree?
105 points

i read the 2hand icecrush duelist and read your build and tried to combine both of yours. the only question is if its ok or not to go full evade + acro or not.

Unfortunately your tree link isn't working for me, cb tree seems to be buggy so I recommend using poebuilder instead. Full EV+Acro is fine but I recommend using Rat's Nest in that case to be safer then Abyssus + you get all the ev without armour being cut in half, Devoto's works decently too in that scenario, though a high ev helm with life/resist/some accuracy or str/int could be a nice place holder until you get those items.

Just remember to leap slam often to have fortify up almost permanently so if you do get hit, 20% reduction is waiting as a safety net. But EV+acro does do wonders with Daresso's and could be perhaps the better way to go, you'll have to test that tho ;p

Update: Added a vid, this time using abyssus since I've gotten my resist to be capped, updating current gear section as well, I'll try to add vids little by little over the leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info