[2.0.1][Tempest] Bloody Explosive Arrow Build (271% Life + 12.3% Life Regen)

"
Buiaka wrote:
How about adding a BM gem to a 6L setup and spec out of BM keystone. This way we can reserve 100% of our mana for defensive auras like determination, purity of fire and arctic armour? Maybe all this on a alpha's howl for increased effect?

The multiplier on BM is 245%, in a 6L that would make each shot cost something redic like 200 life a cast, at a very very fast rate. Doable i guess, but not practical. You also lose out on 35% more life as well.
Last edited by kallell on Aug 12, 2015, 3:40:03 PM
"
kallell wrote:
"
Buiaka wrote:
How about adding a BM gem to a 6L setup and spec out of BM keystone. This way we can reserve 100% of our mana for defensive auras like determination, purity of fire and arctic armour? Maybe all this on a alpha's howl for increased effect?

The multiplier on BM is 245%, in a 6L that would make each shot cost something redic like 200 life a cast, at a very very fast rate. Doable i guess, but not practical. You also lose out on 35% more life as well.

It's actually 196% and even less with quality BM. And the 35% more life is compensated with using 3-4 defensinve auras.
Added Softcore tree. Still pretty tanky with 198% life, possible 8.2% Regen, and way more fire damage.
"
masterpanders wrote:
your build does not have enough dexterity i cant use my character now

I noticed that while leveling -- this is what I'm aiming for (110pts) and it should satisfy all gem requirements with a minimum of gear. (Plus it has 6 gem slots and 6 end charges) It has quite a bit less life and armor until you add in the 15-21% you can get from 3 more jewels and you cen spec out of the Explosive impact cluster and into Unyielding or more armor/life nodes with the added damage on those jewels.

I'm not sure more End charges are needed, but I felt like I was taking way too much damage when I was hit so I opted for the mitigation + longer IC
Last edited by meep_42 on Aug 13, 2015, 4:09:34 AM
Thanks for posting your build!

I have never played EA before, looking forward to giving it a try. Quillrain ftw! I'm playing Tempest. Looking at your HC skill tree I have some questions.

Basically I also wanted to ask why scion over marauder...

Looking at your non-EE build for HC, I'm comparing it to something like this as a mara:

I did read your point about jewels. I'm just thinking this cannot be the only reason? Comparing the above build to yours, the marauder gets some 80 more strength adding +40 base life which is significant. Also 24% more increased max life (295%). Life regeneration is marginally higher as well. Then there are minor differences to armor and resists. Both are really nerfed on dex and int though.

OT: It's tempting to build the marauder around maxed endurance charges when touching the duelist tree, however I guess physical damage reduction and resists (that are already maxed) are not protecting against reflected fire damage after all? Although I guess it would protect from swarming mobs. CWTD + Immortal Call can be a life-saver...

Anyway. This marauder gets two jewels instead of four, but can rearrange 2x3 points for three additional jewels. Of these the scion can grab two as well, but she's stuck with her weak starting-points in projectile dmg down to Sentinel. Are these points really necessary? Four points to grab the jewel, and seven points in total to reach the wheel of life! You only need one extra point on the opposite side to close the circle.

Why not skip the downward path and go with two other jewels on the left side?
How about this?

Two less points spent. One more jewel! Slightly higher life-regen. 32% less projectile damage is the downside. However from what I've seen low damage is not the issue with this build, at least not on HC. Now we've got those two "free points" and the extra jewel to play around with. Perhaps one point for Diamond Skin (+15% resist all), or one point for either +30 dex or +30 int when needed, or two points for Versatility (+20 dex/int, -8% mana = life cost)? Or anything else. Do you think these are viable choices?

Also I'm wondering how much attack speed matters? If it is important then the scion might have an advantage for sure. As a marauder it is hard to subtract points to venture further into the duelist starting area. I believe Quillrain benefits greatly from IAS even if it's super-fast already. What do you think?

Actually the scion might be my choice after all. Hm. :-)

I haven't played marauder in ages, wish it was an easier choice.
Last edited by hogmark on Aug 13, 2015, 4:52:36 AM
/
Last edited by mist4lyf on Aug 13, 2015, 6:38:46 AM
"
hogmark wrote:
Thanks for posting your build!

I have never played EA before, looking forward to giving it a try. Quillrain ftw! I'm playing Tempest. Looking at your HC skill tree I have some questions.

Basically I also wanted to ask why scion over marauder...

Looking at your non-EE build for HC, I'm comparing it to something like this as a mara:

I did read your point about jewels. I'm just thinking this cannot be the only reason? Comparing the above build to yours, the marauder gets some 80 more strength adding +40 base life which is significant. Also 24% more increased max life (295%). Life regeneration is marginally higher as well. Then there are minor differences to armor and resists. Both are really nerfed on dex and int though.

OT: It's tempting to build the marauder around maxed endurance charges when touching the duelist tree, however I guess physical damage reduction and resists (that are already maxed) are not protecting against reflected fire damage after all? Although I guess it would protect from swarming mobs. CWTD + Immortal Call can be a life-saver...

Anyway. This marauder gets two jewels instead of four, but can rearrange 2x3 points for three additional jewels. Of these the scion can grab two as well, but she's stuck with her weak starting-points in projectile dmg down to Sentinel. Are these points really necessary? Four points to grab the jewel, and seven points in total to reach the wheel of life! You only need one extra point on the opposite side to close the circle.

Why not skip the downward path and go with two other jewels on the left side?
How about this?

Two less points spent. One more jewel! Slightly higher life-regen. 32% less projectile damage is the downside. However from what I've seen low damage is not the issue with this build, at least not on HC. Now we've got those two "free points" and the extra jewel to play around with. Perhaps one point for Diamond Skin (+15% resist all), or one point for either +30 dex or +30 int when needed, or two points for Versatility (+20 dex/int, -8% mana = life cost)? Or anything else. Do you think these are viable choices?

Also I'm wondering how much attack speed matters? If it is important then the scion might have an advantage for sure. As a marauder it is hard to subtract points to venture further into the duelist starting area. I believe Quillrain benefits greatly from IAS even if it's super-fast already. What do you think?

Actually the scion might be my choice after all. Hm. :-)

I haven't played marauder in ages, wish it was an easier choice.

I like your thinking, I'll keep reviewing your tree and some of the other suggestions I've recieved in the comments, but losing 32% projectile damage is quite the chunk, in return for only two passives and a jewel, unless you have a ridiculous triple damage + life jewel, I don't think its worth it personally. The points placed into versatility make me cringe a little because it's mana, but I supposed it is better than a single +30 int or dex node. Attack speed is great, but having too much is wrtholess. Attack speed is pretty much based around preference, if you're fine with 5-stacking mobs slower, cut off some attack speed, if you want to 5-stack things almost instantly, stick with attack speed. Although EA does insane damage, we don't want to remove what little damage nodes we already have.
i'm about to try out this build. would atziri's step be a decent selection to use as a boot? or am i better off just trading it off and obtaining the boots you recommended?
"
niftytim wrote:
i'm about to try out this build. would atziri's step be a decent selection to use as a boot? or am i better off just trading it off and obtaining the boots you recommended?

The blood dances are the boots of the build :P
"
Few things. Single target almost needs a 5L to be effective. EA + Fire Pen + Conc Effect + Slower Projectiles + Chance to ignite. If no 5L, use EA / fire pen / conc / chance to ignite.

Also, for my CWDT i chnaged it up.

CWDT (max) + Molten shell + GOlem + Warlords mark. This gives a blanket life leech, end charge generation. Invaluable.

CWDT (level 1) + Immortal call + Warlords Mark + Inc AOE

These two setups ensure that warlords mark applies a lot, granting life leech and end charges. I added inc aoe since the aoe cast from the level 1 cwdt + curse setup is a bit low. You CAN add inc duration, but i feel like this works a bit better.

Another pro to this setup, is once you get enough life regen, with the warlords + frenzy charges you don't have to worry about getting life leech in your gear anymore, freeing up another gem slot.

FUCK YOU I JUST RIPPED WITHOUT EENFEEBLE. AS SOON AS I SWITCH TO WARLORDS I DIED. FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH
THAT WEAK SHIT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info