[2.1] - Updated- 52k dps Crit Shocking Cascade - Double Curse with Pyre and Three Dragons (VP+Acro)

"
nebunelux wrote:
I am also tinkering with a Glacial Cascade build.

My personal experience is that it GC rarely crits with the new 5% base. I get buffed ~50% crit chance.

I watched the videos you guys made and honestly I see that Shock Nova does way more damage and crit AND it shatters.
When u apply the curses with Shock Nova most of the time they die in 1 hit.

GC hits at least 2 times by default, plus Spell echo. The result is if your hit doesn't roll crit, you are basically stuck hitting a mob 4 TIMES with that non-crit. It feels lackluster.

I love the Glacial Cascade but it just doesn't feel as powerful. Especially if you get a streak of bad RNG and get 5-6 non-crits in a row which translate in hiting 20 times without criting on a 50% crit chance...

Arctic Breath clears WAY better than GC even on non-crits. Only problem is you got very bad single target DPS.

EDIT: After watching the video's again, I think you are better of just making a Call of the Brotherhood Crit Shock Nova build which shocks AND freezes and you use 1 unique instead of 2.

Shock Nova freezes and shocks but that's ONLY against white mobs, maybe blues depending on their HP, but there's no way a Shock Nova build with Call of the Brotherhood can shock map bosses especially after the 2.0 change.
Shock Nova is much better now that's true, but there's still that "Ring Deals 50% less dmg" and those 4 words will never allow it to be a first tier skill.
My Glacial Cascade has 44% crit chance with 5 PCharges up, with Assassin's Mark that's 53% chance to crit, which is extremely good for a 5% base crit. And even if I get a few unlucky hits with no crits, I'm still rocking about 400% Increased dmg and that's pretty good. The reason behind Pyre is you get very efficient nodes without having to go out of your way for them, for example Heart Of Flame is way closer than Heart of Ice, and then there's also the Snowforged node which is 25% to both Cold and Fire dmg (that's 50% increased dmg and 30% crit chance for 1 point!!)
My shock Nova is not linked to anything (except Curse on hit and curses) so it has pretty abysmal dmg, but it does its job.
For the bandits I took passive, passive, Alira. Should have taken the life in normal but I use a pretty old character that has been reset a couple of times.

Yeah Shock Nova feels pretty strong against groups, and is a pretty awesome skill to use, but I don't think it is powerful enough to be a main skill. It is a blast as a utility skill though, and gave me a few ideas I could use it with for different builds.

Since I have a couple of extra sockets, I'm still trying a few stuff, like Cold Snap, Vaal Cold Snap, Vaal Ice Nova, etc and playing around but I haven't found them very useful since very depending on the crits to be that powerful. Maybe Vaal Molten Shell or Vaal Clarity could be used for some extra help. Or maybe I'll go with a enhanced Golem.

Glacial Cascade seems a bit low but still very powerful against bosses. It will destroy your mana though, so favour Shock Nova for anything that looks like a white mob and avoid curse immune monsters if you're in a hurry.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
I am having a hard time evaluating what to do with my last 5 points or so in the my build.

What do you think would be option:

- Dark Arts for 20% cast speed
- Arcane Potency for 50% Crit and 30% Crit Multi

Both cost me 5 passive points.
On a 5% crit spell, crit sounds good but it translates into a 2.5% crit chance increase and 45% multi increase.
On the other hand, 20% cast speed is a huge increase and scales with all the crit the build has.

Hard choice!
"
nebunelux wrote:
I am having a hard time evaluating what to do with my last 5 points or so in the my build.

What do you think would be option:

- Dark Arts for 20% cast speed
- Arcane Potency for 50% Crit and 30% Crit Multi

Both cost me 5 passive points.
On a 5% crit spell, crit sounds good but it translates into a 2.5% crit chance increase and 45% multi increase.
On the other hand, 20% cast speed is a huge increase and scales with all the crit the build has.

Hard choice!

Hard choice indeed!
Maybe you can go for the Arcane Potency, and if you're finding your cast speed a bit lackluster, the 3 4% Cast Speed of the Shadow starting area are very efficient nodes.

The problem is GC is mana hungry, more cast speed is more dps true, but it *might* prove to be troublesome on the mana part. But it all depends on you how you're seeing your build, if you think you have enough dmg go for the cast speed, if you think you need a bit more 'oomph' in your cirts, Arcane Potency is very nice.
"
dpchaos wrote:
So I saw someone on the shadow forum (tufferugli) using the Whispers of Doom along with Shock Nova + Curse on Hit for double cursing.

hey man! :D

happy to see that my thread turned out useful for someone :)

your build looks better than mine :D

but if i have to be honest i kinda gave up on my build... i never reached the feeling of gc pre 2.0 and that made me a little sad :(

in particular the crits of gc felt inconsistent, how is it at high levels in your experience?
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
dpchaos wrote:
So I saw someone on the shadow forum (tufferugli) using the Whispers of Doom along with Shock Nova + Curse on Hit for double cursing.

hey man! :D

happy to see that my thread turned out useful for someone :)

your build looks better than mine :D

but if i have to be honest i kinda gave up on my build... i never reached the feeling of gc pre 2.0 and that made me a little sad :(

in particular the crits of gc felt inconsistent, how is it at high levels in your experience?

Hey :D
opposite in my case, it felt way better than I originally planned to. I've fully invested in this char, lvl89 now, almost 20% quality on all GC links gems, 5L Carcass Jack (which I'm planning to 6L once I get enough fuses).
The crits are pretty good, definitely not pre 2.0 good, but 46% now with 4 Pcharges up, which is pretty decent for a 5% base. 24k unbuffed tooltip dps, and 35k with 4 Pcharges and 3 Frenzy and Onslaught (keep in mind that's per 1 AoE blast and without taking shocking in consideration.)

I'm only second thinking my HP at the moment, standing at 4k now, I can raise it more at the expense of dps, but what the hell, it's softcore anyway so meh.
"
dpchaos wrote:
24k unbuffed tooltip dps, and 35k with 4 Pcharges and 3 Frenzy and Onslaught (keep in mind that's per 1 AoE blast and without taking shocking in consideration.)

and also without fire pen, damn! now i'm tempted to return on that character :D
UPDATED:

Added a Mechanics section, and a dps screenshot

Tooltip DPS just reached 34k (+100k dps in reality due to AoE overlaps and Shocking)

Will add a video running Poorjoy's Asylum soon.
dude, I really liked your build, but I'm taking too much damage against projectile enemies, are you considering arrow dancing as a defense also? how are your dodge against those in high level/ev? (I'm using tabula rasa atm)

can you post your defense atributes also?

I'm level 65 and got around 6.5k dps with HoI and ice golem up, thinking of using ice golem + minion life + minion resist + raise zombie for "defense".

in advance, thks and sry for my english
"
koalito wrote:
dude, I really liked your build, but I'm taking too much damage against projectile enemies, are you considering arrow dancing as a defense also? how are your dodge against those in high level/ev? (I'm using tabula rasa atm)

can you post your defense atributes also?

I'm level 65 and got around 6.5k dps with HoI and ice golem up, thinking of using ice golem + minion life + minion resist + raise zombie for "defense".

in advance, thks and sry for my english

Hey!
I will post a defense screenshot as well once I'm back home, my current defenses are only 40% Dodge and 30% Spell Dodge, and a lvl20 Arctic Armor.
Now to be honest, Arrow Dancing (if you're following my skill tree pathing) costs only 2 points and gives that 40% more evasion which is very nice.
But that's not very good with a Tabula, so if you manage to find a 5L ES/EV Hybrid and manage to stack some Evasion on other gear, then it's pretty good especially with a Jade Flask.

If you want to stay with Tabula, just use Arctic Armour and stack HP on gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info