Like to farm? Then dont level your char.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
My only point is that it's not always 'RNG is RNG', GGG does in fact change the rates.

He also mentions that these changes are generally minimal at best. The wild swinging that Zims describes fits perfectly with how streaky Path of Exile has always been.

Alternatively: I got.. six or so Uniques leveling from 75 to 79, just the most boring shit ever, but two days ago I got thirteen Uniques in a single day (including a Rat's Nest and a Romira's Banquet). I mean clearly they uberbuffed the shit out of Unique drop rates for that day, right. It's the only reasonable conclusion to draw from Chris mentioning GGG constantly makes minor adjustments to global drop rates.
(no, no that is not a reasonable conclusion to draw Viper, that would be madness)

--
If you want to get more than one inventory of Rares, only run Arena and Museum with Twinned or Rogues. It's almost impossible to get only one inventory full with five or six bosses on the map. Problem solved.
(Map mods and map choice also massively influence drop rates, is my point)
"
Qarl wrote:
There are no drop penalties in maps. Drop penalties (which apply to currency and divination cards only) do not apply after level 68. (So any world area of level 68 or higher is treated as being level 68 for the purposes of penalties.)

I am a bit confused by this statement.
Regarding Areas that are not maps.

Does this mean a lvl 80 in a lvl 68 (or higher) area will receive no drop penalty?
Or does it mean that all areas that are lvl 68 or higher are always treated as if they were lvl 68, and thus the lvl 80 will receive drop penalties?
"
wegebah wrote:
"
Zims911 wrote:
Hmmm.....I think they have ninja nerfed something, i done alot of testing before i made this post. It could just be RNG, but then i must be unlucky as hell for the past few days.

I did do some 77 and 78 maps, and drops looked fine (same old crapy rares, but at least there where rares). But when i do 75 or lower maps, i get nada. First i thought it was just bad luck, but then i asked around and other people experience the same, over and over again. (thats not rng? is it?)

I dont say i dont find anything, but i dont have to use any tp to go up and sell as i get every rare drop on a map in one go (sometimes only 2-3 rares). If im on higher level maps(77+) i have to tp at least 2-3 times to sell.

But i dont know, im just talking from experience and words from other.

Check your filter? Maybe its hiding some of them.

This.

My level 81 Magic Find character consistently needs 3 to 5 trips to vendor all the rare drops in a 70 map.
"
King_Yoshi wrote:

Maps and not-maps work the same.

"
King_Yoshi wrote:
Does this mean a lvl 80 in a lvl 68 (or higher) area will receive no drop penalty?
Or does it mean that all areas that are lvl 68 or higher are always treated as if they were lvl 68, and thus the lvl 80 will receive drop penalties?

Players receive no drop penalties in areas that are level 68 or higher, because for the purposes of the drop rate penalty, you are never overleveled for these zones.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 29, 2015, 7:55:59 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
King_Yoshi wrote:

Maps and not-maps work the same.

"
King_Yoshi wrote:

Players receive no drop penalties in areas that are level 68 or higher, because for the purposes of the drop rate penalty, you are never overleveled for these zones.

Ahh ok.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)
"
King_Yoshi wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
There are no drop penalties in maps. Drop penalties (which apply to currency and divination cards only) do not apply after level 68. (So any world area of level 68 or higher is treated as being level 68 for the purposes of penalties.)

I am a bit confused by this statement.

No drop penalty.

i am at tail end of 82 and still run tons of lvl 68 maps, which is pretty equal to a lvl 89 running lvl 74-75s. i sometimes get zero maps on one run and other times i ve gotten back with 6-8+ also get plenty of rares. honestly the drop rate does not seem to be the issue as much as the range of quality of items that do drop, which is an intentional design.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
It really seems to me that I find more currency on high level maps than on lower level maps.
Ill log what I find the comming week and then return. It might be a feeling and some RNG.
"
Kaw wrote:
It really seems to me that I find more currency on high level maps than on lower level maps.
Ill log what I find the comming week and then return. It might be a feeling and some RNG.

are you running easy white/blue low level maps vs high iiq/iir high level maps?

because IIQ affects the amount of currency drops. Thats why alch even the low level maps, they remain easy but give you back a lot more than the alch that you invest
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

are you running easy white/blue low level maps vs high iiq/iir high level maps?

because IIQ affects the amount of currency drops. Thats why alch even the low level maps, they remain easy but give you back a lot more than the alch that you invest

I alch every map. Last 2 evenings I still got more rare currency from a lvl 74 compared to a lvl 68 map. But still no hard data.

Must create that excel sheet...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info