{2.0} Budget Tempest Dagger Reave

"
Babyslicer wrote:
What is your opinion on Bino's with this build? Would it be better to just get a high pDPS dagger instead?

Bino's is really solid for starters, will carry you far into maps. Later maps though you will want to upgrade to a better rare.
Took the build to 81 in tempest before RIP'ing. Only RIP'd because as I was typing a chaos cloud popped up under me (cue the 1122 spam in chat >_<).

The DPS of the build was awesome and so was the survivability. I was only rocking 4.3k health, but between daresso's, enfeeble, fortify, and aa, I was able to avoid anything close to a one shot. Only played up to 73 maps though, so I would probably have needed to stack health a bit higher as I leveled.

Used a Bino's and really liked it. I had 88.5% crit with all 5 power charges up (every crit node except the Depth Perception cluster) and the regen is really nice. Pretty much eliminates most bleeds as a source of immediate concern (still have to clear them with flask, but you don't really drop from them). I also felt the DPS was more than sufficient, as it would get up to around 30k when all the charges were up (I'm sad I RIP'd though, the next few levels were going to be the rest of the frenzy charges).

Anyways, thanks for the build idea. It was a lot of fun.

Edit: I solved pretty much all my mana issues with some mana leech on gloves and a plain white hallowed flask. They need only 4 charges for a single use, and you only have to use one every once in a while. I just got it the habit of spamming it every pack, which was by and large unnecessary.
Last edited by Saedeas on Aug 21, 2015, 5:15:34 PM
"
Saedeas wrote:
Took the build to 81 in tempest before RIP'ing. Only RIP'd because as I was typing a chaos cloud popped up under me (cue the 1122 spam in chat >_<).

The DPS of the build was awesome and so was the survivability. I was only rocking 4.3k health, but between daresso's, enfeeble, fortify, and aa, I was able to avoid anything close to a one shot. Only played up to 73 maps though, so I would probably have needed to stack health a bit higher as I leveled.

Used a Bino's and really liked it. I had 88.5% crit with all 5 power charges up (every crit node except the Depth Perception cluster) and the regen is really nice. Pretty much eliminates most bleeds as a source of immediate concern (still have to clear them with flask, but you don't really drop from them). I also felt the DPS was more than sufficient, as it would get up to around 30k when all the charges were up (I'm sad I RIP'd though, the next few levels were going to be the rest of the frenzy charges).

Anyways, thanks for the build idea. It was a lot of fun.

Edit: I solved pretty much all my mana issues with some mana leech on gloves and a plain white hallowed flask. They need only 4 charges for a single use, and you only have to use one every once in a while. I just got it the habit of spamming it every pack, which was by and large unnecessary.

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the feedback :D
this looks fun. will start it tomorrow on tempest.

any advice on progress upon leveling with the tree with ranger? go up first or down?
Last edited by danteafk on Aug 23, 2015, 11:28:10 PM
I ve gone up. Its so many stat points to get down.

Question:

I am level 67 and i specced into Acrobatics.

The thing is, I have a nice amount of evasion, attack dodge, spell dodge, but still when i get hit by a skeleton dog, It takes me down to %50 hp.

Is it a bit earlier to spec acro maybe? Should I stay with armour for a while?
I am currently sitting at 24k dps with level 65 fully buffed and 0.4% mana leech on gear, this is not enough to sustain mana, still have to use a pot

?

other than that, I love the build, I modified it a bit and use a shield since I like to play face, got more shield nodes. never played reave so far and having a blast.
Last edited by danteafk on Aug 25, 2015, 9:28:52 PM
"
danteafk wrote:
I am currently sitting at 24k dps with level 65 fully buffed and 0.4% mana leech on gear, this is not enough to sustain mana, still have to use a pot

?

other than that, I love the build, I modified it a bit and use a shield since I like to play face, got more shield nodes. never played reave so far and having a blast.

Yea with less dps early I would spec into some leech nodes, .4 won't be enough until you get a better weapon or levels. I can't stand using a mana pot :D That's just me though.
"
rasmon wrote:
I ve gone up. Its so many stat points to get down.

Question:

I am level 67 and i specced into Acrobatics.

The thing is, I have a nice amount of evasion, attack dodge, spell dodge, but still when i get hit by a skeleton dog, It takes me down to %50 hp.

Is it a bit earlier to spec acro maybe? Should I stay with armour for a while?

I went into acro pretty early, maybe level 50ish? If you have enough hp, arctic armor + endurance charges + fortify should be enough physical mitigation to cruise through maps. Spec into all the hp nodes relatively early in mapping, later levels will be rounding out your dps. I personally didn't have very many close calls in mapping with the character other than the death to malformation piety. The lack of close calls was pretty surprising to me (haven't played acro melee before this, but new defensive additions are awesome).
"
danteafk wrote:
this looks fun. will start it tomorrow on tempest.

any advice on progress upon leveling with the tree with ranger? go up first or down?

I would level taking as much non crit as possible to start. Speccing into stuff that you will remove later is fine, Aspect of the Panther and Fencing are the two that come to mind. Duelist area is nice for the life regen, once you have all the regen you can chose to get the nice dps bump from blood rage. I'm pretty bad at saying exactly what node I would take at what level, I have the end game tree in mind when I play but spec based on what I need at the moment.
why not second dagger for offhand? more crit more attack speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info