Spectre'd Stygian Revenant audio is getting overwhelming

"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
First off, damn Sairven that's a cool avatar!

Now about the screeching Revenants. The problem is that audio for a monster isn't going to necessarily be okay for a minion, especially when you have more than one of that minion. This is a problem I've noticed on a few other monsters too, though not to the extent of the Revenants.

I'm not really willing to change the sounds for the standard Revenants because I think they add something to the ambiance of the belly, and I like that.

So while we have some down time post A4 I'm going to see if we can add some kind of alternate sound data set for monsters when they become minions. That way we get the best of both worlds.

The problem is not the sound itself, the problem is that the sound is spammed because the spectres are constantly chaining the animation bound to the sound effect in idle mode. You can manually move spectres around by attack-pointing them and they will stop for a short while to haunt you with endless rustling. So if you could talk to the animation guys in order to change the way these guys act when in idle mode, there is no need to change the audio at all. Evangelists only were annoying when they casted their shields which is a neccesary audio queue and was tolerable, but revenants just spam useless rustling all the time because it is tied to their idling animation.

And don't tell me the animation guys think the idle mode of spectres adds something to the game....

FIX THIS somehow with your playerbase not getting annoyed on your creative opinion, which I sincerely value, but not put under the experience that results in a bad joint venture of animation and sound effect.

Thanks!
Last edited by jimsen on Sep 2, 2015, 9:36:28 PM
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
First off, damn Sairven that's a cool avatar!

Indeed.
So glad to hear that this is in the works. I've just leveled up to where I just started using the revenants. Haven't even finished the belly part 2 yet and already I'm looking for the "shut up!" button.

Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Necro'ing this thread. This still hasn't been fixed... and it's destroying my sanity in the new league!

Please hush the Stygians!
Get at me in game @Jyyn

Do you like feedback? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307/page/1
Wasn't there a file complaint against a Revenant / Stygian / Spectre some time ago? That it had an illegal audio frequency? (too loud) I thought I saw that on the forum some time ago...
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info