Spectre'd Stygian Revenant audio is getting overwhelming

Absolutely easy to test. Grab 3x Stygian Revenants as spectres.

Stand there for at least 30 seconds. Might take just a little longer.

Endure what can only be called a cacophony.

Would it be possible to decrease the frequency of Revanent screeches? And maybe their audio levels as well. All their sounds in general seem to overpower everything else. Might just be placebo though lol
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2016, 9:02:51 PM
Oh yeah, great spectres but jesus christ, shut up!
Both the idle audio and the shooting audio are extremely irritating. +1 to lower the frequency or redo them altogether please!
"We shall screech you the song of our people. On repeat f o r e v e r" - Revenants.

Can't say I blame them. They go from inhabiting the colon of some creature to getting massacred and enslaved by a sadistic asshole.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
First off, damn Sairven that's a cool avatar!

Now about the screeching Revenants. The problem is that audio for a monster isn't going to necessarily be okay for a minion, especially when you have more than one of that minion. This is a problem I've noticed on a few other monsters too, though not to the extent of the Revenants.

I'm not really willing to change the sounds for the standard Revenants because I think they add something to the ambiance of the belly, and I like that.

So while we have some down time post A4 I'm going to see if we can add some kind of alternate sound data set for monsters when they become minions. That way we get the best of both worlds.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
First off, damn Sairven that's a cool avatar!

Now about the screeching Revenants. The problem is that audio for a monster isn't going to necessarily be okay for a minion, especially when you have more than one of that minion. This is a problem I've noticed on a few other monsters too, though not to the extent of the Revenants.

I'm not really willing to change the sounds for the standard Revenants because I think they add something to the ambiance of the belly, and I like that.

So while we have some down time post A4 I'm going to see if we can add some kind of alternate sound data set for monsters when they become minions. That way we get the best of both worlds.

Yeah, revenants definitely stick out. Love their sounds/utterances. I find myself mimicking them from time to time...

Wouldn't having separate sound data be extra space taken up? Or would it be negligible, or depend on implementation?

Thanks, I like the idea of Teal'c chillin' in the Dread Thicket. Best zone in the game IMO. The atmosphere is perfect there. From the color palette to the choice of inhabitants, the sounds and music and general design and and and. Sorry... I love the Dread Thicket way too much.
Sign me up for a noise reduction. It's so aggravating standing in hideout with these things breathing loudly behind me!
Get at me in game @Jyyn

Do you like feedback? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307/page/1
At least my mates haven't banned me yet from playing with them, but I do get the occasional snide remark. Personally I've already switched to loud music, quite game sounds. Sometimes dangerous when you don't hear that you've been punctured. :(

In case you are currently not ingame, there's always this great Youtube audio loop if you are missing your spider bros...
Why do specters retain the original monster's sound at all? They should be silent. They are specters.

specter
noun spec·ter \ˈspek-tər\

1: a visible disembodied spirit : ghost

They don't have a physical body that could make those sounds anymore. Please either make them completely silent, or play some quiet and non-irritating 'ghostly' sound.
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
Why do specters retain the original monster's sound at all? They should be silent. They are specters.

specter
noun spec·ter \ˈspek-tər\

1: a visible disembodied spirit : ghost

They don't have a physical body that could make those sounds anymore. Please either make them completely silent, or play some quiet and non-irritating 'ghostly' sound.

The intended goal is to have a different set of sounds for specters, the audio guy is waiting on other people to add support for it though.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info