This should be one of GGG's priorities when it comes to fixes

I was doing a Mud Geyser map (yes at lvl 85 trying to build my map pool but I am gonna stop beating the dead horse)

The concern I have is for any charging enemies, specifically Rhoas. Now I have trained myself to pay close attention to mobs at the edge of my screen (for leapers and other shenanigans) but Rhoas take the cake when it comes to insta gib due to their locked on damage when they are charging.

Case in point, I was clearing a pack and I saw the map boss approaching and started charging, I instinctively popped a granite and leaped out of the way as the rhoa charges past me. I ran towards the rhoa to try to prevent it from charging again and 3/4 of my health instantly dropped out of nowhere as soon as the rhoa stopped charging.. Safe to assume that the damage is already locked on me once the charge animation started?

I honestly doubt it was lag cause I play on the cali gateway with 33ms and with lockstep. I think any high dmg rolled maps with Rhoas would probably be an instant skip for me especially maps with bone rhoa packs and their necromancers on steriods.

I am not even playing a squishy char either, 6.1k hp shadow with 15k armor but Rhoas slice through my def like butter.

and since we are on the subject of charging mobs, can't you make them stop charging after a certain range/duration? I am kinda tired of chasing after mobs that charged way off screen especially on maps with linear paths or open areas. Example: Rhoas that charge and missed me in the middle of the Mud Geyser map always ended up at the edge of the water unless they hit some obstacle on the way.
Last edited by POE202 on Jul 27, 2015, 3:48:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I highly doubt you have 15k armor without the flask.

Mobs damage is determined at the START of the animation, not just before you take the damage.

What were the map mods?

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
I highly doubt you have 15k armor without the flask.

Mobs damage is determined at the START of the animation, not just before you take the damage.

What were the map mods?

Yes it was 15k with granite, it has almost 100% uptime. The map mods shouldn't be a factor since I do not roll any additional dmg mods except for additional fire/cold dmg. I don't roll chill ground cause they are annoying, shock ground cause of shock ground.

I think it was 20% regen reduction and turbo map which shouldn't affect the charge damage.
I feel sorry for you but...

Everytime I see this kind of thread I laugh a little bit, when some players die they feel the urge to make a thread about it and ask it to be nerfed so they don't die anymore. If we would listen to all thoses thread, there would be not a single monster in the game that could kill us in the end.
"
diablofdb wrote:
I feel sorry for you but...

Everytime I see this kind of thread I laugh a little bit, when some players die they feel the urge to make a thread about it and ask it to be nerfed so they don't die anymore. If we would listen to all thoses thread, there would be not a single monster in the game that could kill us in the end.
emm.. I didn't die?
Then what everytime you face a new challenge you ask about it to be nerfed instead of trying to overcome it?

"
diablofdb wrote:
Then what everytime you face a new challenge you ask about it to be nerfed instead of trying to overcome it?

emmm... this is not new?
"
POE202 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

emmm... this is not new?

well then you should be able to deal with it correctly by the time don't you think?

it is something that is old in game and everyone work his way around
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
POE202 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

emmm... this is not new?

well then you should be able to deal with it correctly by the time don't you think?

it is something that is old in game and everyone work his way around
emm.. I think I am gonna stop wasting my time on you.
So yeah, you want tips to dodge the rhoa?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info