Please remove useless real money effect restrictions

Hello,

I love the game and for that I invested a bit of money in it but there is one thing I totally do not get and what I want to have changed and that is this useless restrictions on effects bought with money.

Why can't I just activate an effect like a pet?
Why do I have to equip that and when I play multiple chars I need to unequip that and switch that around. This is totally useless, does not provide any security or has any advantage for anyone.

Same goes for skilleffects.
As example: I have a totem build. It uses the flame totem twice. One as a full DPS Totem and a second one with culling+iir+iiq. Now I really want that skill effect but I don't see any reason why I would not be allowed to put that effect on both of my totems. Why can't we get a trigger like CTRL+SHIFT+Right Click to open a menu to select available effects for it.
That stays active until you deselect the effect or move it out of your inventory.
No stressy popup when you are selling gear/gems "This can't be traded" because I put an effect on it and I can easily use my bought stuff on multiple items and characters.

Please remove those 1 item restrictions. They are annoying as hell.

Thank you!
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
if mtx effects were global, ggg would have to charge more money for them.

the mtx handling could urgently need some improvement, yes.
but when it comes to mtx prices, people already complain they are too high compared to other (non comparable) games.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
ggg would have to charge more money for them.

No. They would not.

$42 for a set of armor. They can afford to make it global.
"
Kevin0090 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

No. They would not.

The moment that happens, sales dip. It might be cheesy as hell, but it's great for sales to not have global effects.

Got Seraph set? Cool. Getting pissed off at going to your character with the Seraph set and moving it around every few weeks as you reroll (etc.)? Easy solution: buy another set.

Can't even tell you how many people I know bought extra back attachments (as an example) to avoid swapping.

So, vio's got it nailed: they would have to increase the price (slightly) in order to accommodate the comparative reduced sales that would result.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
all i want is to be able to use my tiki totem on flame totem
If those effects were global, the mystery boxes that can give you the same mtx several times would annoy people even more. And rightly so in this case.

Personally, I always wondered why I can use my orange portal mtx on every character, although I only bought it once. I don't mind, but It's something I'dn't've expected.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Kevin0090 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

No. They would not.

The moment that happens, sales dip. It might be cheesy as hell, but it's great for sales to not have global effects.

Got Seraph set? Cool. Getting pissed off at going to your character with the Seraph set and moving it around every few weeks as you reroll (etc.)? Easy solution: buy another set.

Can't even tell you how many people I know bought extra back attachments (as an example) to avoid swapping.

So, vio's got it nailed: they would have to increase the price (slightly) in order to accommodate the comparative reduced sales that would result.

No they wouldn't, almost nobody (maybe like 0.1% at best) would actually buy more then one set to equip multiple characters.

Unless you guys do then your just contributing to a problem that we shouldn't have to begin with. Use scope here with how much money they would lose compared to how many people would buy it more if it was less stupid to do so.

Besides someone who is willing to spend money on multiple sets to begin with is a source of nearly unlimited income, it's not like they have a limit to spend on the game. By simply releasing more shit or packs, they'll buy it anyway.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 27, 2015, 5:52:46 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Kevin0090 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

No. They would not.

Not everyone shits money out of the ass mate.

I always unequip all my MTX and reequip it.
"
$42 for a set of armor.

Yeah, 42$ (can be even more if you arent from murica and first need to exchange your money and the ratios are always different) for a whole set is "okay", the retarded priced items are the weapon effects i mean 30$ for a flame effect? Oh, are you dualwield? then 60. Are you play with a wander and all of the wands has shit 3d art (lol, are there any wand with 3d art?) so you either look at a very ugly shit, or need to buy a skin for 20$ each. Yes, 20 because you can't buy 160 points from the store, you need to buy 200 points because the wands are 160, and you can't buy 10 points, 50 is the minimum.

Oh, you bought the most expensive pack? have fun reclaim/reapply the afk demon and the armor from grandmaster on your characters. you know, you paid 1100$ and still need to waste time because not even these expensive things are usable on more than 1 character.. LOL

You don't want to pay anything for the game if you dont want. How your character will look? Imagine a pantless old man (prolly a pedo) in widowsilk robe, rainbostride boots, and whatever helm/gloves looks the worst.

Free to play game? Yes it is. You can rule the world and be the best and the richest player? If you want and work hard for it, then yes and you don't need to pay a single penny for it but 100 extra stash can be great if you hoard items.

Last edited by IIICOREYIII on Jul 27, 2015, 6:40:46 AM
The argument that they make more money by not having the effects be global could be true. However there is an argument that they would make more money by making them global because the mere fact that they are not global is preventing people from buying them.

So the way it is they only make more money if more people are buying multiple copies of items than the potential number of new customers they would gain by making the effects global.

GGG could easily test this by releasing a few items that are global and look at the numbers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info