Error with direct3D device

i get an error after i installed the game and try to play it and it keeps telling me that it could not find any compatible Direct3D Devices. after clicking the button it tells me that error code thingy "DXUTCreateDevice Failed"

HELP!
LOL
Post your computer specifications/info. That will make it easier for people to help you.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

-Christopher Hitchens

I had exactly that same issue after I installed a new graphics card and power supply in a computer which could almost run the game.

That was a week ago, and I've been kinda bummed, so I haven't fiddled with it again, yet. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Does it have pixel shader 2.0? i believe that's the minimum for this game at the moment, I have an ati x1950 that can run this game.
All for minions "modes" so they can follow, stand, or patrol.
"
Chemdude8 wrote:
Does it have pixel shader 2.0? i believe that's the minimum for this game at the moment, I have an ati x1950 that can run this game.

Good question. How would I know? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Are you sure you have video drivers /correct video drivers installed?
Fun things, Sad things... We can't share everything, But what we can, we should share... That is what it means to be a guild. A single persons happiness is everyone's happiness. A single persons anger is everyone's anger. And a single person's tears are everyone's tears.
yea, sounds like missing .dll
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100
"
enshin wrote:
yea, sounds like missing .dll
Yeah, that is the error one would receive if a driver was not installed.
Fun things, Sad things... We can't share everything, But what we can, we should share... That is what it means to be a guild. A single persons happiness is everyone's happiness. A single persons anger is everyone's anger. And a single person's tears are everyone's tears.
Last edited by scriptmonkey on Dec 3, 2011, 7:05:22 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Chemdude8 wrote:

Good question. How would I know? =0[.]o=

First check if you have your drivers installed. Type "Device Manager" into search bar, expand the little + sign next to "Display Adapters. Whats it say?

How to check what video card you have:
What OS are you using?

Windows 7/vista is left click desktop, click resolution then advanced then adapter tab then properties
I believe you mean to say 'derive' , but I understand what you meant anyway.
That is not always the case though, certain applications/engines require special .dll file which are not routinely installed with stock files on most video cards.
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info