[2.0] ESKA - (HYBRID SHIELD) Crit Claw Reave Ranger >> EV/ES-AR/ES - Ghost Reaver - Vaal Pact <<

"
Eskalimur wrote:
@treshsocket

well thats just the % life.

The total life is way higher since u have like 65% Armour, 40% Evade, 40% Block, 75% Resistances + AA

Im not sure if i need more than 147%, there are also 3 open jewel sockets. for like nearly 30% more.

If u wanna go more life and less damage i think u could do something like that:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73r2oxUgCTPRNuIsLYMZtL6nZU29NkMx2sHBgk1GhO907QUteu9AoMC_qZUM96yvG5di7O4Oo4pMYNfLPeIj9k2SjX0wfFFH51TC7DqtRwbYdrk-rGYs4X3jYqxsjJ2qNj3ssIwLuXy1SPPqKgtwUonTcNVd8ha_JpVh4h9BAx7DOpu1X7DKSm-enKSHE3cHhMUOSBGWkBtwVpoT29R9df66r-uDCVVLjDbw1UlRR37EoiT9_96E2bTF2-dtbLvjLlPTb2wI8YoPqySLGYqXBm-ElS4HHi_MMk78xQ2Nh3bjn0p98bNLV8Dj

Updated with alternative Skill tree - 179% Life + Jewels = Roughly 200%

The thing is, life is important even with high defensive values.
147% is way to low for HC.

Also there is absolutely no chance for you to hit 65% armour / phys mitigation with the % increased armour you have from the tree. I also highly doubt you will hit 40% chance to evade with the % increased evasion rating you have.

The only thing that I know will be possible is to hit 40% block, and you will most probably be closer to 45%, and you will also be able to cap your resistances. Which any build should.

With 3 open jewel sockets you will be able to gain a maximum of 24% life, seeing how the max roll is 8%. 8 x 3 = 24.

Your crit, AS and accuracy are all good, but you will have insane mana issues unless you run with clarity or constant pot spamming. I also do not quiet understand why you left out the power charge at shadow.

I'm really unsure if this build will be able to hold its ground once you hit maps and content gets hard. But if you can make it work then go for it!

- Life tree added for the Hardcore Life Fans

- I have 430% increased Shield Defences, with an 1,8k Armour Shield for example i would get 7,7k Armour alone.
So im pretty confident that Armour should not be a problem. With a Hybrid Shield it still should work.

- Well 24% then...

- ofc i get more than 40% Block, these were rough numbers depending on your shield.

- Insane Mana Issues with Blood Magic ???
and as i said with Elreons Rings + Amulett u can even use smthg else because your mana cost get to 0

- atm hit merciless and the build got better than in cruel. i Tested cyclone a little bit, but im unsure if i want to go cyclone since Wild Strike is a way better feeling.
"
Eskalimur wrote:
- Life tree added for the Hardcore Life Fans

- I have 430% increased Shield Defences, with an 1,8k Armour Shield for example i would get 7,7k Armour alone.
So im pretty confident that Armour should not be a problem. With a Hybrid Shield it still should work.

- Well 24% then...

- ofc i get more than 40% Block, these were rough numbers depending on your shield.

- Insane Mana Issues with Blood Magic ???
and as i said with Elreons Rings + Amulett u can even use smthg else because your mana cost get to 0

- atm hit merciless and the build got better than in cruel. i Tested cyclone a little bit, but im unsure if i want to go cyclone since Wild Strike is a way better feeling.

1. Have you done an armour based build before? Do you have any idea about how much flat armour you actually need to hit 65%?

Say a monster hits you for 1000 damage.
To mitigate 65% of that you need about 20k armour.
That would mean that you would need a shield with about 3600 base armour, which doesn't exist.

The 40% evasion will be reachable though.

So while mobs don't hit for 1k in lower maps, higher maps will hurt a lot, and have a high chance of killing you.

2. -

3. -

4. The thing is that BM is a very bad choice for CoC, especially with the skills you chose.

Arctic breath without GMP / LMP is really bad. I know, because I've played both AB builds and CoC builds which use AB, and you need GMP / LMP in order to make it useful.

My recommendation for links would be;
Wild strike - CoC - AB - EK - GMP - Multi Strike

Which, as you see, do not contain BM.
So if you can get a hold of 3 pieces of -8 Elreon jewelry it your mana cost will be either 0 or 1, depending on if the mana cost is rounded up or down.

Reason behind those links is that MS will give you more APS which equals more proc chances.
And GMP will increase the number of projectiles for EK and AB, for more damage.
And GMP will also increase the numbers of projectiles on the cold part of WS for more procs.

5. Go with whatever feels the best to use!
First of all im happy to get feedback, negativ or positive, both can make me improve the build!

1. yes i do, but that armour is only from shield without %Armour on passive Tree and rest of the Armour.
As is Said a Daressoo Defiance would give you another 1000 Armour + passive nodes, which is huge and 15-20k Armour is not unreachable, espiaclly with the updated Skill Tree u can find in the original post above.

Lets make a little math:

1969.4 Armour Shield on tempest atm buyable.

Im not sure if u add %Armour passive nodes + %Defences from shield or if its multiplied, lets do both:

1969,4 x 4,3 = 8468,42 * 1,48 = 12,533 Armour
1969,4 * 5,78 = 9805,192 Armour

so like 10k JUST from shield.
if we get like 3k more from armour *1,48 we get roughly 14-15K

just from theory. if u really want to go all out u can still go Armour Aura.

But maybe 20K was a little bit high said

4. BM is mainly for leveling, if u please read the original post again, i wrote:

"

If you have Elreon's -Mana Cost of Skill on Rings that outdo the mana Cost of Main Skill, u can switch BM for another Gem, which could greatly increase the Damage.

which is basiclly EVERYTHING you said.

Also since im melee AOE (which is also the reason i didn't pick Arc) i thought that the damage from AB should come from the AOE explosion, but ofc GMP/LMP increases the damage, but also decreases the damage which basically makes LMP 10% more damage and GMP 25% more damage in total (50% more damage from more projectiles , -25% less damage from the gem), its just a question which gems does the most damage, GMP/LMP are options.

Also Multistrike is in the CORE Setup, so i dont know why you mention it like it isn't.

I also changed the Title from tempest to something else, but posted a HC viable passive tree with like double the EV/Armour and 60% more life.

check it out ;)
Last edited by Eskalimur on Jul 28, 2015, 8:08:15 AM
Huge Build update !
what do u think about using BoR with this build?
And thus what gems would u recommed using in bor? Thanks
Last edited by fatelessguy on Jul 30, 2015, 6:20:27 AM
BoR could be good, but i think if u have enough currency, Lightning Coil may be better.

Well Reave - Fortify - Added Fire Damage - Multistrike(Bor gives Faster Attacks & Mele Phys )

You loose Increased Area of Effect or Damage. Since Faster Attacks may be nice, but not the best choice imho.

You get a little bit of CC from Blind, but honestly, big packs wont be hitting you often anyways.

The Added Damage/ Armour / EV / Life and Block is i think the most valuable thing about BoR.
The Armour and EV could be reached by other Items easily, but the 6% Block is pretty good .
Also a little bit of DMG increase here.

If u have Legacy one in Standard / HC is say go for it.

In THe current leagues i would say u may get better without it for the same price.
Actually i'm just having BoR dropped for me in tempest and my previous EK crit ripped on death and taxes map :D So i'm looking for some build with BoR, but if u think better selling it and getting something good for reave build, this might be an option, thanks!
If u already have it, use it, im just saying it was defnitly better in Legacy version (9% more crit and better Blind).

But also, in tempest its probably worth a lot, and a good weapon is more mandatory for reave .

Also there is such a strong line up of Chest pieces.
Last edited by Eskalimur on Jul 30, 2015, 8:28:48 AM
Updated a shit ton of alternative Tree Idea's

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info