Stuck in act 4

"
Mastermindzh wrote:
I have 2046 health and almost 300 es, any further improvements I should make to my character?
ps: with 2k and max resistances (75, 75, 62) I still get 1 hit.

Yeah, numbers were arbitrary, if you're getting OHKO by his worms or mines that means you need more. If you want to live through his slam that won't happen, you need over 4k for that in cruel if I remember right, some people tested it.

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
First of all, I have been collecting chroms for a long time - not only the gear that I pick up but also through a visit to ALL vendors every time I level. Most of the time, I find that as soon as I sell the chroms, I need them for the occasional mice piece of gear I find.

Second, you cant buy much for 1c. Hardly anyone is selling cheap mid-game stuff. Any trade channel I look at - every one is asking mega-exs for shit gear ... and the good gear is going for giga-exs. And buddy, ALL my exs moved to Texas!

And lastly, sitting in trade channel looking at endless streams from sales bots just to find that one piece of gear that might put me over the hump isn't my idea of fun.
"
Kr4sh35_ wrote:
And lastly, sitting in trade channel looking at endless streams from sales bots just to find that one piece of gear that might put me over the hump isn't my idea of fun.

And it's the wrong way of going about it. You're right, not many players sell midgame items in chat, so if you don't like to use poetrade you should just go and write 'WTB arm or arm/eva gloves with high life and fire res, up to level 50, paying 1c'. A lot of players are following the chat to get good currency deals, many keep their old gear and don't mind earning an easy chaos or two.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Or just go to PoE.trade or poe xyz and search for the stats you need and look for 1C buy outs.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
When i did cruel mal in tempest I had about 3300 hp, 1500 armour, cap res, full time fortify, and 4 endurance charges. But no zerg option in HC. I know it is a bit of a pain but I went back to norm and replayed to make sure I was proficient at avoiding the slam and tele pop. Those are the main one shots but if your char is weak the bombs and tentacles may one shot you. If you are playing hc don't worry about being to tanky, slow is better than dead!

Edit: char lvl low 60s
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Jul 21, 2015, 4:48:48 PM
All very good ideas ....

now if I could only get GGG to fix their MapChunk client crash so I won't have to buy a new PC :)))

Have fun playing the game in whatever way you have fun playing the game ....
Cheers
Do like 99% oh HC players, pay someone to finish a4 for you.
"
Nasreth wrote:
Your gear is all very bad. You need to cap your resistances before you attempt the end of act 4.

I also recommend running 3 life flasks instead of 2 life and 2 mana. Your helm should be the first thing you improve. Look for something with a lot of +max life and resistances on it.

I'll try looking for something with more hp.
My resistances are capped already so that isn't as important.

I'll probably just go in a group.
Just killed him in a group, and as suspected act 1 merciless is way easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info