Stuck in act 4

Hey guys,

I'm currently stuck at act 4 (last boss cruel).
And I don't know what to improve on my character.

Is it normal that act 4 is much much harder than act 3?
normal act 4 was harder for me compared to cruel act 3 too. it's insane!

I am using the "elewen" character (witch, and using 2 flame totems).

Any help would be appreciated.
Ok, looking at your char and it seems you got very little life on gear, you can buy some decent items cheaply, having 2k life instead of 1,5k will help a bunch.

And yes, act4 is significantly harder than previous ones... and following ones up to act4 in next difficulty. Feels like playing just act4, eh? :)
That's normal for new acts in PoE, act3 was just like that when it went live, we can expect some downtuning when enough people die.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 21, 2015, 1:52:07 PM
"
raics wrote:
we can expect some downtuning when enough people die.

Boooooo! Hisssss!
Wha? It was even in the news :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Ok, looking at your char and it seems you got very little life on gear, you can buy some decent items cheaply, having 2k life instead of 1,5k will help a bunch.

And yes, act4 is significantly harder than previous ones... and following ones up to act4 in next difficulty. Feels like playing just act4, eh? :)
That's normal for new acts in PoE, act3 was just like that when it went live, we can expect some downtuning when enough people die.

I have 2046 health and almost 300 es, any further improvements I should make to my character?
ps: with 2k and max resistances (75, 75, 62) I still get 1 hit.

I expected as much regarding act 4 and hope they tune it down.
Don't get me wrong, I like a difficult game. But the ramp up is too much.
If the entire game was harder you'd go another route on the passive tree / armors. Now I opted for a good dmg / armor rating. which was fine till act 4 cruel. (act 4 normal I almost got 1 hit, but I could've dodged that attack so I thought it was my own fault).
Unless you're playing hardcode, death zerg'ing it is probably the easiest way to continue...

Rush in, land as many hits as you can, die, resurrect, jump back in, repeat...

It's boring as hell, but is probably the fastest way you can get through it.
Your gear is all very bad. You need to cap your resistances before you attempt the end of act 4.

I also recommend running 3 life flasks instead of 2 life and 2 mana. Your helm should be the first thing you improve. Look for something with a lot of +max life and resistances on it.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
If only that worked on cruel Piety Abomination. 22 respawns in the zone wasn't enough...
Or do like I did, join a group and collectively kill the act 4 boss. Then start a dual flame totem build that should get u through to the end-game. There is always someone killing Malaki guy.

All these guys that are recommending gear improvement have never played self-found from scratch and don't know what it feels like to be so poor as not to be able to afford a decent pair of shoes or the currency needed to link your 3-socket armer and get the colors just so!!!
"
Kr4sh35_ wrote:
Or do like I did, join a group and collectively kill the act 4 boss. Then start a dual flame totem build that should get u through to the end-game. There is always someone killing Malaki guy.

All these guys that are recommending gear improvement have never played self-found from scratch and don't know what it feels like to be so poor as not to be able to afford a decent pair of shoes or the currency needed to link your 3-socket armer and get the colors just so!!!

Its really easy to get currency at any level. 8 chromatics are worth a chaos and they drop like candy (3 links of different colors on any item sold to a vendor). Collect 45 chromatics, trade them for chaos, and buy 5 pieces of gear for 1c each and you can cruise through to merci. dominus and maybe further.

this game hasn't been balanced around self found. if you're hitting a wall because you aren't trading, then people are going to recommend you trade. it's not hard to do once you're familiar with the currency and prices.

Everything I'm wearing on my witch cost 5 chaos or less and she can run maps that are +2 her level. Getting yourself to the point where you're mapping is fairly trivial as far as wealth is concerned in this game, it's just time consuming.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Jul 21, 2015, 4:11:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info