[2.2 Whispering Ice, Lowlife, Pure Unique wearer 1900+ Int, updated]

"

Another thing I noticed, you can grab Intuitive Leap for the gem slot near CI and get the 15% MORE ES node

You dont get the 15% More ES node
IGN: JackDaniels
How about taking whispers of doom in the tree, using flammability and switching fire penetration with increased duration? Flammability would not work on curse immune monsters though...
Last edited by Glurmo on Aug 21, 2015, 11:35:14 AM
Passing by to post the current version of WI I'm running. Keep in mind this is a Tempest build which focus on being relatively flexible to gear since I don't have tons of time to spend on poe these days, I'm surprised I had time for lvl88 even. I'd consider the build midtier in cost. Without the shavs, a CI version would be a pretty budget build. All my rares cost me 1-10c max as reference.

Being a tad on the low side for dps is a nonissue for me since it's hc setting and if I die it's gameover for this league. I've had my fun with op super fast highdps builds in the past.. but those usually requires time investment.

I'm currently coldbased for some extra freezes. It's also currently a ZO version for some 450 passive ES regen. Reflect has been a nonissue. Hoi+coh+poachersmark is used to generate frenzy charges for that 12%more dmg during map clearing. Also dualcurse.

Overall I feel I have a hard time judging the actual IS links, tooltip doesn't help much since it doesn't show how many of the various gems actually affect the dps of IS (hypo, pen, incdur etc). I tried incdur but felt it would only be a bosskilling gem for stuff like atziri. I constantly keep shuffling around the colors and try different things. I do have some manaissues atm if I would be chaincasting on the spot but it works perfectly fine for general mapping.

Hopefully my thing brings some input and ideas that might work in the more expensive build.

Spoiler

79/79/76/33
8.5k es @1030int
~450regen
1.7k with conc 4.35duration

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4NfBFQFvMXLxhWGGoZihpsGo8bJRzcHRQdTx2qHb4fxySwJjwo-it4LJwtHy2LLagvby-dM4c1uTlSPV9GcUmxS65SU1XWV8lYB1xrXIpfKl9qX7BiWmTnaHRtGW-ecLt0VXvXf8aApILHgwmESITFjxqPRo_6kyeVIJcGl_SboZu1na6hL6KjpwinK6yYsZC0DLfWuJO7476AvorBxcHzwzrDbcSiykrK09DQ1abXz9kT2VvaYttZ35jhiOQi6QLquuvu7BjviPba98H31_k3-ej60vsJ_kn-ug==?accountName=Lysithea&characterName=Lysithea

Last edited by Lysithea on Aug 21, 2015, 6:51:22 PM
RIP whispering ice.

I have been busy recently and haven't tested as much as I'd like but after a few things as far as I could tell the best new setup was to keep the tree as it is but drop avatar of fire for freezing and swap fire penetration into increased duration to get the storm up to its previous duration.

Essentially the nerf lost us fire penetration as a gem which is a significant damage loss.

If you already have the gear then its still very fun to play and on par with the solid builds out there that can clear high level maps

However I feel it doesn't justify its price tag anymore for those who would be looking at buying the shavs and everything in order to make it work.

I'm very disheartened by this but it just doesn't have the "I can breeze through all content" feeling it did before and I have very high standards. For partying with friends I will still use it for its high cc and huge resistance auras but for solo play If the build can't kill as fast as my legacy windripper or atziri's disfavour cycloner then it gets me a bit down.

I will continue to answer any questions about the build knowing it inside and out but I think I'll be working on some other projects for now
"
WaffleT wrote:
RIP whispering ice.

I have been busy recently and haven't tested as much as I'd like but after a few things as far as I could tell the best new setup was to keep the tree as it is but drop avatar of fire for freezing and swap fire penetration into increased duration to get the storm up to its previous duration.

Essentially the nerf lost us fire penetration as a gem which is a significant damage loss.

If you already have the gear then its still very fun to play and on par with the solid builds out there that can clear high level maps

However I feel it doesn't justify its price tag anymore for those who would be looking at buying the shavs and everything in order to make it work.

I'm very disheartened by this but it just doesn't have the "I can breeze through all content" feeling it did before and I have very high standards. For partying with friends I will still use it for its high cc and huge resistance auras but for solo play If the build can't kill as fast as my legacy windripper or atziri's disfavour cycloner then it gets me a bit down.

I will continue to answer any questions about the build knowing it inside and out but I think I'll be working on some other projects for now

was this nerf that hard? do you have any random number you could maybe throw around to give us an idea of how bad it is in terms of dps?
Well we lost 1 gem worth of value. In any build when you go from a 5 link to a 6 link you notice a jump.

In terms of loss I'd say that for whites there is no difference. but its around doubled the length of time to kill rares and bosses. It used to be that each rare would take say 2 seconds which is now up to 4. Bosses took say 4 seconds which is now up to 8.

This just adds up when mapping and can feel kinda sluggish to me

Its not that the build is bad, its definetly not. But it wasn't much better then my other characters so it didn't need to lose much to slip below that line and just discourage me a bit
"
WaffleT wrote:
Well we lost 1 gem worth of value. In any build when you go from a 5 link to a 6 link you notice a jump.

In terms of loss I'd say that for whites there is no difference. but its around doubled the length of time to kill rares and bosses. It used to be that each rare would take say 2 seconds which is now up to 4. Bosses took say 4 seconds which is now up to 8.

This just adds up when mapping and can feel kinda sluggish to me

Its not that the build is bad, its definetly not. But it wasn't much better then my other characters so it didn't need to lose much to slip below that line and just discourage me a bit

ah, makes sense, is this the first "High budget" build i'll have ( i'm the guy with split gear in WB and STD) so it guess i'll stick with it, can you link you other build by any chance?
This is my current level 100 version of the tree

Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfiqcrNbkRUG0ZHU9cisHzlSAtH6aZjulRdKKjVeBSKVhawcV_xiepe9eP-uwYL2_ZE3C7XfIOSBGWUEKiLow2oS--ipMn_kkdquGIRnG0DMrThMWbtV-wykpvnoMJGo_22vsJGYrDOmJa35jEopcG7-vQH0yzdFWsmF8qw21ca4RI99cfGM0WUfuPRpuhHRSApCSwFy_60lXW6-6nCBVQLJwreB_HLYuvmxBYh2Uc3I8awGZFRzLR5CK1BNWm7DgpT2ZUhXuCm-98PAXQ0F9qKjgNfOq637AD7jOHHb6Cxyj6uJNXyfGKbAjb50cG

"
Radgris wrote:

was this nerf that hard? do you have any random number you could maybe throw around to give us an idea of how bad it is in terms of dps?

The numbers are like that:
Before at 1500 Int: 700+0.5*15*700=5250 duration
After at 1500 Int: 1500+150*15=3750 with 20/20 increased duration 6562.5 at the loss of 37% penetration

Before at 1900 Int: 7350 duration
After at 1900 Int: 4350 with 20/20 increased 7569 at the loss of 37% penetration

Since the duration mainly effects targets with high EHP (effective HP) the 37% lost pen are much more valuable then you might think since in an elemental build high EHP often means high resist and on high resist targets 37% penetration often means 100% more damage or even more. This slows you down significantly.

And to put the slow nerf in numbers:
asenath = lvl 1 temp chains = 20% slow
chill = 30% slow

==> Before 20%+30%=50% slow
After 0.8*0.7=44% slow

While the slow change is rather minor the loss in damage against high EHP targets is crazy and I am disappointed that GGG would implement such a huge nerf (and try to hide it by calling it a bugfix) mid league and not just between leagues like they normally do. This is even worse when you consider there was a pretty lengthy beta before the patch where changes like this would have been possible and whispering ice is by no means a cheap build that needs little investment in terms of currency.

Last edited by Droggeltasse on Aug 22, 2015, 5:25:18 AM
"
Droggeltasse wrote:
"
Radgris wrote:

The numbers are like that:
Before at 1500 Int: 700+0.5*15*700=5250 duration
After at 1500 Int: 1500+150*15=3750 with 20/20 increased duration 6562.5 at the loss of 37% penetration

You can get the duration nodes near scion for 4-6 points and at 1500 int you'll have nearly the same duration. You don't have to give up the gem slot all the time (although it's probably better to for things like Atziri) getting the nodes means that we only lost the couple of passive points it takes to allocate them. Sure that's still pretty bad, especially considering how few nodes we can afford to skip, but I see no reason not to keep playing this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info