Emberwake, Event 114: 1 Hour Emberwake

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Beacon at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

Signature Races are Fixed Seed events, meaning that each participant plays through the same area layouts. In addition, all Signature races in a Season will use the same layout.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Top Prizes:

The overall alive top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 26: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 22-25: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 18-21: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 15-17: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 12-14: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-11: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-8: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Caged Brute (The Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty A Swig of Hope (The Docks): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty A Fixture of Fate (The Library): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Den: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Catacombs: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Ungil's Harmony Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Two-Stone Ring Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Edge of Madness Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Rashkaldor's Patience Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
- Despite alching 1 pair, chancing another, finding 4 rare & 2 magic boots no MS
- Also checked vendor EVERY SINGLE TIME I visited town and had a level up, no MS, nor 3-socket/+1/flat spell dmg sceptres/wands (stopped checking these after Merveil)
So... A Total of ELEVEN (11) times I checked vendor for MS boots. (After Hailrake, Lower Prison WP, After Brutus, Caverns WP, Getting to act 2 town, Sins 2 WP (crafted +1 at this point), After Fidelitas, Western Forest WP, After Weaver, Wetlands WP, Caverns WP)

- Not enough drops to get a transmute, no Jade amulet on vendor (I had a chance orb so if there was a magic Jade I could've bought it) on 2 visits @A1.

- No 3-socket sceptres untill Sins 1.

- Crafted +1 Sins 2 WP.

Knew I would not be even close to hitting even 3 mil exp breakpoint, so just suicided myself in slums.

Pretty sums up why competitive racing in this game is a complete utter f** joke.

But hey, this game is about RNG, right? Well... Why on earth are these short term leagues called races?

Last edited by Karvarousku on Aug 18, 2015, 5:00:41 PM
#85 player #9 ranger

No quiver, no aug to get 2nd mod on bow, thanks RNG!

Reward from race:
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 18, 2015, 5:05:15 PM
weird race...

- had to kill merveil with whalebone rapiers and kept cleaving til woodsplitter at 13
- weaver drops hrimnors :/ I'm already real far behind pace, though
- had to spec into mana flows for int for herald, then a lapis ammy immediately drops
- the rest of my passive tree is a total mess because hrimnors
- alteration spam MS boots fairly late (second race in a row)
- corrupted zones were pretty meh
- level 24.99, sure why not
Last edited by Fightgarr on Aug 18, 2015, 5:06:30 PM

no ms boots till 55 mins, fucked up in act 1 and had to logout which cost me 2mins, not like it mattered anyway
100 #1 - PA Rank 1 Flashback | 100 #2 - Cyclone Standard | 100 #3 - Support top 50 Talisman | 100 #4 - Support Rank 5 PHC | 100 #5 - Earthquake Rank 51 PHC | 100 #6 - Vaal Spark Rank 5 PHFB2W
ms alted before Merv since i had already crafted +1 :O
"
Karvarousku wrote:
- Despite alching 1 pair, chancing another, finding 4 rare & 2 magic boots no MS
- Also checked vendor EVERY SINGLE TIME I visited town and had a level up, no MS, nor 3-socket/+1/flat spell dmg sceptres/wands (stopped checking these after Merveil)
So... A Total of ELEVEN (11) times I checked vendor for MS boots. (After Hailrake, Lower Prison WP, After Brutus, Caverns WP, Getting to act 2 town, Sins 2 WP (crafted +1 at this point), After Fidelitas, Western Forest WP, After Weaver, Wetlands WP, Caverns WP)

- Not enough drops to get a transmute, no Jade amulet on vendor (I had a chance orb so if there was a magic Jade I could've bought it) on 2 visits @A1.

- Crafted +1 Sins 2 WP.

Knew I would not be even close to hitting even 3 mil exp breakpoint, so just suicided myself in slums.

Pretty sums up why competitive racing in this game is a complete utter f** joke.

But hey, this game is about RNG, right? Well... Why on earth are these short term leagues called races?

Some Races you find MS on boots and quiksilver flask. You might even find a +1 in the same race.

Some races you find nothing. That's the beauty of races. It wouldn't be fun if you got everything you wanted every race.

It is 120 races this season. Sometimes Rngod is on your side and sometimes hes not.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
#85 player #9 ranger

No quiver, no aug to get 2nd mod on bow, thanks RNG!

Reward from race:

lawls i got #86 player was a good race one of my best overall but rip at start 3 min in cost me a few ranks was 5 seconds from leaving the chamber of sins and had left side of town complete
"
porr wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

- Crafted +1 Sins 2 WP.

Some Races you find MS on boots and quiksilver flask. You might even find a +1 in the same race.

Some races you find nothing. That's the beauty of races. It wouldn't be fun if you got everything you wanted every race.

It is 120 races this season. Sometimes Rngod is on your side and sometimes hes not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"

For people actually competiting for the top scores, yes, it would be a looot of fun because you could actually improve your own play and not rely on super heavy RNG to carry you. That certainly is not the case for all casual racers. Hence why I bolded the word competitive, which is somewhat a key thing for races.

Oh, you totally missed the existance of blue mobs, stongboxes (and +3 magic mobs on them).
...Which comes down to after hitting a certain skill-cap, only thing to improve is the mad freaking RNG.

-- Hence why I said COMPETITIVE racing. It's not an even playground out there, which would be needed for it to be competitive. Trust me once you are at the point where your own skill cannot be improved (by a large margin, atleast. There is always SOMETHING to do better obviously), you shall understand why Earths oceans are so salty.

EDIT:

"

It's actually only 33 races that really matter, and those are the signature races.

Last edited by Karvarousku on Aug 18, 2015, 5:57:03 PM
DR BAGELS ITS A NEW WITCH WORLD RECOOOOOOOOOOORD! PogChamp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info