[2.1 Updated] Nurbel´s Righteous Will Spellcaster (130k+ DPS, 6k+ Life, 16k+ Armor)[V- 3.0]

I traded 4 skill points for 3 Jewel sockets, the result is +7k DPS.

NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

"
Nurbel wrote:
Updated Jewel section

these can be insane....

They certainly can.

As noted previously, while the four that cost one skill point each are no-brainers, the three that cost 2 skill points each (giving +30STR for the second point) are also better than two skill points devoted to damage nodes given that one has decent jewels with two useful affixes.

At end-game, your build as constituted really deserves using the full 7 jewel slots easily available to it for 1 and 2 skill points each instead of all those +10% projectile damage and +10% spelldamage nodes.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jul 26, 2015, 1:06:20 PM
This is my Tree at the moment and i am doing fine.

Another Jewel slot would not do much because i have to Sacrifice more Life (which is kinda meh for me) or Damage. Respeccing 27% (Shadow Start) Physical Damage or 30% (Quickness, Projectile Damage) just to get at least 18% Damage or so with a really well rolled Jewel is not worth it in my Opinion. But when i roll such a Jewel, i would do it. Maybe with respeccing out of Unwavering Stance and get another Level, i would get the Jewel Slot between Scion and Duelist. I can trade then 1 Strength node between the Jewel slot from the Marauder/Templar Area. When i get my Hands an another good Jewel this is definately a good Damage Boost (which should bring me over 80k DPS)

cheers

Last edited by Nurbel on Jul 27, 2015, 6:33:06 AM
"
Nurbel wrote:
This is my Tree at the moment and i am doing fine.

That you are doing fine was never in question.

It is only a question of eventual optimization, and I hope I'm not bothering too much with this. I'm just chronically unable to not try to improve on things that are already great. :)

And as I can see that you've picked up two of the three two-pointer jewels I was advocating anyway, I completely understand why you, for now, prefer leaving the last two-pointer alone until you've got better jewels.

That said, it looks to me as if this four point optimization will increase both your life and damage with minimal effort:
Skill tree: Click me

It trades:

27% Physical damage
10% Projectile damage
12 Life
4% Life
6% Armour

for

Jewel
30 STR = 15 life + 6% Spell Damage (IW) + 3.75% Damage (Doon)
12% Physical Damage
5% Life
10 Armour

which should result in:

+Jewel
+3 Life
+1% Life
+10 Armour
-6% Armour

and with respect to damage
-15% Physical Damage
-10% Projectile Damage
+6% Spell Damage
+3.75% Damage
(= -15.25% damage as all your damage is affected by all the modifiers)

So unless I've made a mistake in my calculations, which is certainly possible, any Jewel with 16% or more total damage would allow an upgrade in both damage and life regardless of other stats. Worth it for four respec points? I'd say yes, but then I am a compulsive optimizer.

(Of course, were I in your position I'd probably be hoping to roll a Life%/any_relevant_damage% jewel rather than trying to maintain the exact level of damage, but... well, it is a thought experiment anyway.)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jul 27, 2015, 9:52:28 AM
Hey Pi2r,

thanks for your advice, but its much easier.

Tree

We loose:

10 int
10% Projectile Damage

We gain, a Jewel socket

I am respeccing now, and add a Very endgame section to the Guide with my actual Tree.
I rolled another very decent Jewel, time to add it :)

cheers

Splendid! Can't believed I overlooked that option.
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
Splendid! Can't believed I overlooked that option.

gotcha! :D

Added Endgame section, including my Jewels. Some of them are mediocre, but everyone should see how good they are. Running 82k+ DPS atm and breezing through everything.

The DPS is just fine, i now set my focus on getting some Defensive rolls on Jewels. I want to level a bit more, so i might respeccing some extra Damage nodes for Life and Armor too :)

*EDIT* I renamed my Build and gave it a much cooler Name :D

cheers

Last edited by Nurbel on Jul 27, 2015, 2:51:59 PM
Just wondering, how do you handle -max res / Vulnerability and such? Maps where you can't use RF.
And what kind of changes do you make for special map mods / bosses?

Very impressive setup overall, btw, though Life could be better.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Just wondering, how do you handle -max res / Vulnerability and such? Maps where you can't use RF.
And what kind of changes do you make for special map mods / bosses?

Very impressive setup overall, btw, though Life could be better.

Hey man, thanks for your reply.

I have some information in the Guide about Map mods, but i go into more Detail in the future. I am currently out of High Maps atm (pre 2.0 i chained 77/78 solo and sustained it. Now my map pool is joke...)

I do Vulnerability Maps with RF. It depends on the Enemies i face in the Map. When there are a lot Leapers (Goatmen, Froggys) or the Map has the mod "cannot be stunned" i turn off RF just in case. Rhoas are no problem, because they get stunned 99% of the Time when they Charge at me.
With all Frenzy Charges up i can sustain RF through Vulnerability. (need lvl 21 purity of fire to make this safer, because Casting constantly will decrease my life pool slowly)

The stun itself is a huge defensive layer, becaue EK hits so hard. -max i do without RF obviously. Ele Weakness maps i turn off RF aswell atm, because i am missing 5% fire res then.

I am collecting more Information about Maps and Bosses before i add them to the Guide.

When i have an awesome map with Ele Reflect or Phys Reflect, i handle them with different Flask setups. For Ele reflect maps (which is quite dangerous) i use the Standart Setup. I pop Atziri Flask every Pack and let my Life Flask or Ruby Flask rolling while casting. For phys reflect i switch Atziri Flask with a good Rolled Granite, then reflect is no problem.

While leveling or in hardcore, just turn off RF to be Safe. I currently still do 50k DPS with 5/5 frenzy charges without Righteous Fire.

But in Reflect Maps, be aware of Thronflesh mobs. I didn´t face them in such a map yet, but this can be an insta rip i think. Normal reflect Rares are a joke.

Thornflesh Packs are Dangerous, but when you are not Brain afk, they are no Problem aswell. Because even with my DPS, i can tank atleast 3 Casts before i go on low Life to react. I wanted to make a Video about this, but i faced no Thornflesh pack today even in ~20 maps.

I go more into detail later this week.

I want more life, but i dont level atm. When i start leveling again i will respec Damage for the Scion wheel, which should bring me to atleast 6,5k life. The Damage is enough though

cheers

Last edited by Nurbel on Jul 27, 2015, 5:12:57 PM
Anyone have tried intuitive leap jewel? it can be usefull
Have you tried atziri?
nice build
IGN:ZorryFlurry
Last edited by k3nz0ry on Jul 28, 2015, 4:54:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info