Constant lag spikes

Keep in mind a lot of these issues really are not the fault of GGG, they have to do with internet service in all the connecting areas. After doing some research I have found that despite being RIGHT NEXT TO washington DC, there is clearly problems with comcast routers that make my ping incredibly spiky in that 30 miles my internet has to travel. It's pretty ridiculous really, but it's not the fault of GGG.
Last edited by asdf2000 on Jul 24, 2015, 12:22:19 PM
1130 AM trying to keep a connection to the dallas server from Louisiana. Suppossed to have 30ish ms. Spiking to 2k nonstop.

How am I supposed to play hardcore when I cant move to aovid rhoas?
tried every eu server and us server again.

having spieks up to 1000ms on every server.....

died 2 times to this....
Same here. Spike stared 2-3 day ago, latency jumps from 30\60 for 150\300 on all eu geteway.
After grinding currency to get a drillneck and playing it extremely safely I lost another character to lag spikes again

This time at 85 in the tempest league because the servers decided I needed to catch a 1400 MS spike.

This is bull shit.
Just dropping in with the same problem looking for an updated response from GGG.
"
ragebringer wrote:
"
damientalrose wrote:
Honestly, GGG has done a great job with this game. This new patch and the new lockstep must be causing an issue with so many people on the servers. The lag spikes are annoying, and they make hardcore all but unplayable, but it's still better than predictive if you're playing a melee character.

Guys, stop busting their balls so much. I'm sure they are working on it. Oddly enough, I'm glad there are lots of other people who are having the problem, because it puts a higher priority on it.

Another bandwagoner,

Has GGG made a great game? YES! But that doesnt excuse them from the horrible handling of this problem.

You're sure they are working on it? Im not, you know how I would be, if they had a stickied post in this subforum mentioning the issue and the steps they are taking. You know what presents me the image that they arent or do not know how bad of an issue it is, canned responses asking for more WinMTR posts.

So are we busting their balls? Yeah! Would we be if the operated like any other game in today's age and keep us players informed on the progress in such a game breaking issue? Nope. It's simply horrible how they have handled it and that is the cause for most of our remarks, not the issue itself.

We can deal with bugs so long as there is transparency to the community about the issue and the proposed resolutions.

Yeah, sure, I'm on the bandwagon. But which one? The one reporting the bug and asking for a solution, or the one where people seem to have completely forgotten all the good things GGG has done with the game and how they are typically good about trying to get things fixed?

I was just pointing out to people who are tearing into GGG that they need a little patience. All this "I know that you made a great game that's totally free, but what have you done for me lately" attitude is disheartening. Sure, they could post about it and explain their process, and I think that would be a good thing. They could even post in this thread about it. But why would they want to with so much negativity?

As for the people ripping in HC with this random lag spike issue... You know it's happening, why are you still playing HC while it is? Just take a break and play standard. You know a spike is going to happen at the worst time and you're going to die. It's like being upset that you got malaria when you were going outside "playing it careful" because there's no bug spray.
Hi guys and thread. I wanted to let you all know I posted a thread about this issue in General if you also want to check it out. Hopefully these discussions can help eachother!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1342787

Cheers.
Nick
Last edited by Nicksiren on Jul 24, 2015, 10:41:56 PM
"
asdf2000 wrote:
Keep in mind a lot of these issues really are not the fault of GGG, they have to do with internet service in all the connecting areas. After doing some research I have found that despite being RIGHT NEXT TO washington DC, there is clearly problems with comcast routers that make my ping incredibly spiky in that 30 miles my internet has to travel. It's pretty ridiculous really, but it's not the fault of GGG.

There were virtually zero issues pre-Awakening. Yeah we had desync when you used cyclone and multi strike, or when you ran too fast around corners, but I never had the issues like I do now.

They explicitly said Awakening came with a major "improvement" to netcoding. It's quite obvious they fucked up.
Last edited by SpanishMonarch on Jul 24, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
http://gyazo.com/9bbf7df9c6f9047366ea002238e86b14

I don't know how to post a picture but this is why I can't even play the game. VERY frequent lag spikes only lasting about a second or so but its every 2 or 3 seconds. Simple UNABLE to play with this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info