[2.0] Boxsalesman SRS hybrid life/ES low budget - Insane damage

"
magier556 wrote:
"
iceberg707 wrote:
I am playing in Tempast right now and was planning on going a full life srs build but after seeing yours I think I may respec. Do you think this has enough survivability for HC and do you think that Atziri can be killed?

Thanks!

Hardcore will be hard to level but easy to survive once you're at the lvl 70+ range with some decent ES/life items ( few chaos worth of rares is enough )

For Atziri, I'll have to be honest, I quit this game more than a year ago because of desync being extremely constant for me, and I only just returned in the awakening, I've always been a theorycrafter so tried making my own build after doing lots of research and it's working way better than I expected so I ended up making a guide on it pretty early, to keep a long story short, I'm a noob when it comes to Atziri, I simply don't know.

Thanks so much for the quick response, yeah for leveling I would recommend flame totem w/ ancestral bond and then respecing around merc difficulty. As for Atziri I am fairly confident that you could do it because the prime concern is doing enough damage in a short amount of time while dodging some important spells. I think you should give it a try if you come across a set of fragments and post back your findings!
Hi,
I'm doing a very similar build in warbands (At the moment it's pretty identical!) - first time I have used SRS since a brief dabble when it first came out. Also my first ES or hybrid char.
Just made the transition at lvl 52 - maybe a bit early but was getting bored of flame totem.

I've switched to some cheap but ok gear that should see me until I can equip the good tier of gear at lvl 68 (vaal regalias etc) and I've got a bit

Actually the shield will probably do me quite a while unless I find something really good.

My ES pretty much tripled after I put that lot on!

SRS is damn strong! Absolutely wrecked Daresso, will see how I get on with Kaom and Malachai tonight.

Couple of queries about links though

- I like not using a staff, one to be different plus I like the utility of a shield. But if I get a 5l chest, would I be better putting SRS in there? Does an extra link outweigh the +2 levels (Assuming I can sustain mana). I assume a 6l definitely would be? Moving to the chest would let me put zombies and spectres in the helm too.
- Is melee splash really that good? Maybe it's better once SRS is doing plenty of damage, and I'm in maps with denser mob packs, but at the moment it just seems like a damage reduction. So I'm sticking with MPD for the moment.
- Is the downside of multistrike just the mana cost? I.e if you can sustain either, would multistrike be better than MPD or melee splash? I'm sustaining fine at the moment (Got quite a bit of mana regen plus a -8 elreon ring)
- Other option with a 5l would be dual curse, anyone tried it?

Cheers,

Carl
"
Carlovski wrote:
Hi,
I'm doing a very similar build in warbands (At the moment it's pretty identical!) - first time I have used SRS since a brief dabble when it first came out. Also my first ES or hybrid char.
Just made the transition at lvl 52 - maybe a bit early but was getting bored of flame totem.

I've switched to some cheap but ok gear that should see me until I can equip the good tier of gear at lvl 68 (vaal regalias etc) and I've got a bit

Actually the shield will probably do me quite a while unless I find something really good.

My ES pretty much tripled after I put that lot on!

SRS is damn strong! Absolutely wrecked Daresso, will see how I get on with Kaom and Malachai tonight.

Couple of queries about links though

- I like not using a staff, one to be different plus I like the utility of a shield. But if I get a 5l chest, would I be better putting SRS in there? Does an extra link outweigh the +2 levels (Assuming I can sustain mana). I assume a 6l definitely would be? Moving to the chest would let me put zombies and spectres in the helm too.
- Is melee splash really that good? Maybe it's better once SRS is doing plenty of damage, and I'm in maps with denser mob packs, but at the moment it just seems like a damage reduction. So I'm sticking with MPD for the moment.
- Is the downside of multistrike just the mana cost? I.e if you can sustain either, would multistrike be better than MPD or melee splash? I'm sustaining fine at the moment (Got quite a bit of mana regen plus a -8 elreon ring)
- Other option with a 5l would be dual curse, anyone tried it?

Cheers,

Carl

5L does outdamage the 4L +2 minion, and has the added benefit of allowing your zombie/spectre's to be run in the +2 helm instead, dual curse would be an option if you have mana issues.

Melee splash is mostly a consistency thing, beyond rolls, extra pack size on maps, and most importantly the annoying other allies cannot die totems, the melee splash greatly improves the odds of your minions actually somehow targetting that damn totem, for just leveling you can definitely just use melee physical.

Multistrike is outdamaged by melee physical, added fire, a quality culling strike ...

It's just not that great anymore since the changes in patch 2.0 and is now mostly for actual melee builds, because for the the mana multiplier doesn't matter much as you get 2 "free attacks" even though the mana cost is much higher, it makes up for it, also it provides automatic targetting which can be very useful. Since we don't get either of these effects, we get the massive mana multiplier for a skill that doesn't even do that much more damage on paper compared to other gem options.

If you don't want to use a melee splash, I'd rather use added fire + MPD + culling strike + echo + Minion damage than multistrike.

IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

I'm curious if your auras are optimized or if you could fit some other auras. I want to be loved in groups.
i used a similar build back in torment with a tabula rasa and high cast speed wand.
one thing comes to me: get mana regen on your wand. high mana regen is vital durin vaal haste and half regen maps.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
bump

Hi man, do you have some calculation or math for the difference when not using Multistrike?
bump

Just wanted to say I'm using this build on Tempest. Just hit 80 today. Levelled following the build in the original post, levelling with SRS/Flame Totem combined around a1c then completely switching over to SRS around when it's recommended. It was a little slow for a while but it picked up speed like crazy around 55 when great es gear becomes available along with the +2 helm around this level. It's been melting bosses in 1-2 seconds and I'm not even running vaal haste yet.

Gear is harder to come by in HC, but I'm still running at 2.9k life, 4.5k es with 82% chaos resist so far. Could easily get more chaos resists but it barely does any damage as is.

Great build, thank you.
Hi,

i just hit the 60s with your build and i like it a lot, but i dont get the point about skilling elemental equilibrium.

can someone explain it to me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info