[2.0] ♥ The Righteous Fister ♥ Doryani's Fist + Righteous Fire + Avatar of Fire

"
link1313 wrote:

Therefore you first convert 100% lightning to 50% lightning / 50% cold using bro ring.

Next avatar of fire converts 50% of your 50% lightning damage to 25% fire damage.

I may be incorrect, but this isnt how it works. If you have 1000 lightning damage 50% of it becomes cold from bro ring and the other 50% is turned into fire. so you deal 500 fire and 500 cold.
IGN: Divinitybagon
would this build work with out the fists?
those fists are to expensive in standard
I really like the idea of the build, so i've collected the stuff and i'm now testing what i can.

How much does Doryani's Fist actually do? Is it perhaps a waste to run side by side with RF?

Furthermore, does Call of the Brotherhood & Pyre actually help this build? (hard to figure out through ingame testing imo). So it's all about knowing how they interact, which i don't.
Last edited by Damaos on Jul 26, 2015, 11:10:35 PM
I feel like the build won't do that great as a spell build. Since rf increases spells why not find a decent spell to use other than cyclone since cyclone wont scale with the spell damage.
Interesting Idea but I think the overall concept is severely lacking in ceveral ways.
Here s what I think

1: Other than making it special whats the point of converting the lightning to fire? Allright righteus fire profits from that but it is it worth the sacrifice of 2 ring slots, a huge chunk of passive points and you loose the shocking property of the gloves unless u use 3dragons wich would reduce life on gearslots even further.

2: I think people have started to forget that righteus fire isn´t all about burning damage due to huge life stacking builds abusing its defensive (SECONDARY!) mechanic. GGG has admitted they never actually thought rf could be utilized this way. Yes pure rf builds are a force to be recconed with but their mechanic is not used well in this build.

If rf is ment to cause a shitton of fire damage, you better be using it with:

Ele prof passive, cyclone, CoH, flamability, Ele weakness. Resulting 39% reduction from flam, 48% reduction ma from weakness, wich is multiplied by 1,2 if CoH has 20% Quality so we get 104,04% reduced resistances form curses (without passives) and with the 50% from EE its 154%.
I know you did not intend to make this build entirely optimized but that is simply to much of a loss.
NOt only that but a rf fire build would not only deal at worst about 3x the damage of your build in terms of burning damage, be better party support but it would also have about 2x your health pool.

Wich does not mean using rf is the wrong aproach, rather you are 2 focused on the secondary effect of rf, while totally forgetting its main effect .... SPELL DAMAGE!

And you also miss out on the spell damage boost of the gloves.

So here is what I think:

Drop the concept of pure fire damage ... sory but this is a dead end!

Use lightning damage, herald of thunder, herald of ice instead.

Link:
4l: cyclone (profits from the unarmed lightning dmg)
Cast on melee kill
Shock nova this skills is amazing now, enemies hit twice will have 100% dmg effectiveness
lightning penetration (the meleed dmg and the spells profit)

5l /6l : Either another Spell like cold snap, arc or Aoe increased + conc effect.

Herald of ice + cold penetration + empower + enlighten

Herald of thunder + Conductivity + CoH + Empower

Righteus fire if you want it soooo badly, links not required but increased burnig apriciated.

Gear:

Headpeace. 3 Dragons. Why? Becasue you will freeze any mob and set of an explosion of heralds when killing anything. It also completely negates the negative effect of pyre saphire ring.

Ring: pyre saohire ring
Life and Res on the second one

Amulet: LIFE! Stats, whatever you need

Chest: Unique would be Carcass jack, Or Belly or .... you get it

Boots: Wake of Destruction as a unique otherwise anything with life, speed, resist ..... the usuall stuff

Gloves: ... no comment

Offhand: Either a phoenix (if you use rf) otherwise something with high defense properties.

Belt: Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt. Provides very decent lightning damage boost. Leech aswell.

Not convinced yet?

1: you profit from the melee lightning dmg.
2: first monster killed sets of a chain reaction of freezes, shocks and explosions. Ele dmg first increases the hit dmg, then the spell dmg, then the dmg nof the 2 heralds. Ice explosions whill literally shatter entire mobs.
3: If you decide to use it rf will bosst the damage of Shock Nv to the point where it oneshots any normal mob wich sets of herlald of .... well you get it.
4: In Bossfights you just switch CoMK with ll and Nova with Aded lightning.
5: MORE survivability, a LOT more!
6: More CC
7: More Boom Boom effekts on your skreen.

Your build is decent. The problem is you ignored the chore mechanics of the game and simply compensated that with 2 many passives and gear slots resulting in subpar damage and low survivability. My SrS witch has 4k Hp, is a ranged charakter, has meatshields, Enfeeble, Freeze Mine, fortify and feels squishy at times.

I hope you apriciate my wall of text and take your time to rerad it cause I tried to present as much objective criticism as possible.

"
dragonmine wrote:
those fists are to expensive in standard

2 expensive is a massive understatement.

Seeing as they are 1ex on the new leagues they must be fairly common since any carcass jack (3l even) is 5 ex. wich seems like a huuuuuuuge ripoff.

On standart these gloves are offered at a price wich is 20x as high wich has several reasons.

ATTENTION, HUGE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING. REFLECT MAY CRIT WITH 1000000000000000000000000DMG!
Spoiler

The item is new, anyone wants to try a build with it. Or create a revenue to finance his main build. Since standart is permanent league 99% of the fists will rust in someones 1000x stash. When you find it you want to make a build with it, postpone it and then it starts collecting dust. In nonpermanent leagues time is essential wich encourages trade because you can NOT do every single build you want in those 3 months. Wich drops the price to the level it ought to be on.
Btw standart is not allways more expensive, look at carcass jack....
Carcass jack is simply 2 versatile so people use that to rip if those that do not know how tomake a decent build without one.

The gloves are relatively new, but there are a lot of people who do not farm actively but want to try new builds with the wealth they acumulated. I am one of them, I´m not particulary wealthy but my Srs Build boast with a lvl 21 corupted Srs gem wich is selfmade a selffound high lvl 6l staff and the likes.
People like that want to be the first to try out a new build. Its the same with gems. Even if a gem is an easy 2 aquire quest reward the price right afterits introduction to the game will be at least 10x its worth in the first couple days. There simply is a huge amount of lazy ass people on standart ^^.

Not to mention the inflation of exaltes being acumulated at a faster rate then bein spend.

Nonetheless the economy in standart is stable apart from BiS gear. One of my Guildmates from my previous guild bought a bow for 130ex while I have found myself 2ex sofar while having played 50% of my playtime with a full mf summoner. Yet I spend around 5 or more ex on 20/20 gems and probably allmost 20ex on gear.

Anyway back on topic. The economy in PoE is being set by the probability of 6s/6l a Chest. A Chest will never and I mean NEVER cost more than its worth + the average cost to 6l / 6s it + an aditional amount as a transaction fee. In the long run prices will allways be around this level.

Items that are very rare but highly sought after and neither a chest nor a 2h weapon wich individual cost (not the linking and fusing) will drop as times goes by allmost to down to 0, will as a consequence increase in value. If only 0,5% of the players ever find an Atziri's Acuity then its only logicall that even less then 0,5% of the poeple will be able to buy them through trade.

Why less? Cause some people actually make builds with the stuff they find.

Because these few people are the ones witht the most wealth by far the price is set at such a high value.

Standart is not that expensive. Legacy items and super rare Items are. Actually PoE possesses the most stable economy I have ever seen in a hack and slash online game! Ever heard of D3, that economy was a disaster! You would play for about an hour, buy an Item wich is 100x more worth than anything you had ever seen in the game while being sold for allmost nothing. Farm 10x as effective, buy a better item, rinse and repeat.
Or shoot cheap deals and resell them.
Then sudenly you would hit a brick wall, you reach the point where you want an item that at the very least another 1000 players with no life, no brain, no hobby, no job is looking for.
And unlike in PoE where you can make a build wich does not use Critchance, Crit damage, Attack Speed, infact even effective builds wich use neither in D3 it is completely unthinkable. Ad to that a rapid inflation of items wich flood the market, suddenly you can buy items wich would require millions of hours of grinding for pennies making your previous gear worthless. At the same time bots inflated the imaginary currency called gold making the price drop to the point where buying it for 5€ at a 3rd party side or the Ingame Auction house equals roughly 100hours of playtime of boring farming. So better get a job get extra cash for nightshifts and scip the farming part.
Anyway we all know where D3 ended and while I can understand their intentions behind the changes I quit the game before bothering with the expansion.

Long story short ... the price on standart will drop for the gloves. In a Month or two it will be around the same as on the leagues. At the latest when the league ends and people transfer.
Last edited by Obscuritas on Jul 29, 2015, 10:02:37 AM
thanks a lot for starting the theorycrafting :)
and thanks to obscuritas too for the input, i think you're actually going into the right direction
I will definitely bookmark this topic and try stuff on my own (using the gloves as a skin now since i don't have a build ^^ ) and i will try to contribute !

"
Obscuritas wrote:

So here is what I think:

Link:
Cast on melee kill
Shock nova this skills is amazing now, enemies hit twice will have 100% dmg effectiveness

5l /6l : Either another Spell like cold snap, arc or Aoe increased + conc effect.

Righteus fire if you want it soooo badly, links not required but increased burnig apriciated.

Wouldn't you run Wrath again helping Cyclone and Shock Nova / your other spell
I need a signature to look legit
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Obscuritas wrote:

So here is what I think:

Link:
Cast on melee kill

Wouldn't you run Wrath again helping Cyclone and Shock Nova / your other spell

Well that depends really.
You get a lot of ele dmg skill nodes on passive wich decently boost the heralds so if you can run purity of lightning (otherwise reflect will rape u), Herald of thunder/ice and Wrarth you are welcome ofc. ^^

I saw an intersting Idea on another buildguide.

It consisted of using CWDT on lvl 1 and generic 3 spells with it. Like Arc and Novas. That would hugely benefit form the flat aded dmg of the fists and the auras/heralds giving another opoertunity for bossfights.
My suggestion would be CwDT, Arc, Shock Nova, LL or penetration.
Now add to that a tempest shield and max block and you get a very tanky lightning hegehog.
Tempest Shield will hurt like a bitch aswell.

Bottomline there arwe quite a bit of mechanics one can abuse with the gloves.
To sum it up it would be:

Heralds abuse then twice
CwDT abuses it 2x
COMK abuses it 1-2x
At the same time the heralds buff each other, the attacks adn the spells.

Btw does reflect trigger CWDT? If so we could see some self sustained fireworks XD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info