[2.0] ♥ The Righteous Fister ♥ Doryani's Fist + Righteous Fire + Avatar of Fire

MASSIVE UPDATE: Working on another character with Doryani's Fist. I'll update you all when I'm done, so do this RF build at your own risk as it will not be updated until further notice! It may also be completely revamped depending on what happens. But please, feel free to read on and decide if this build seems like fun to you! It certainly was for me =)

Introduction

Heya!

Old, boring builds got you down? Tired of people taking the obvious route with the new uniques? Want to make an unarmed, janky-ass Warbands character with the totally new (and totally cool) gloves Doryani's Fist?

Well you’ve brainlessly clicked on the right thread! I’ve made a character based around these bad-boy fisters, and I’m super excited to share everything I’ve learned! So close your precious gaping mouth, straighten your back, and enjoy the read!

…Oh, I almost forgot! I should mention there’s two versions of this build: the Avatar of Fire version, and the Budget version. The budget build will save you an additional 1.5 exalts (which is an arm and leg for someone like me!), but you will have lower damage. We’ll begin with the primary, AoF version and I’ll super-condense the budget version for you curious folk at the end.

Core Items

I’ll start with this section since it’s one of the primary factors of deciding on a build. First of all, this build will cost about ~4.5 exalts. Let's start with Doryani's Fist:

We wouldn’t be Fisters without fists! Flat lightning damage to attacks and spells? Yes please! And an additional 10% chance to shock? Move over Facebreaker, there’s a new unarmed sheriff in town.

We wouldn’t be righteous without burning the plebeians and heathens, uhh I mean setting enemies alight so they will never rise from the ashes of their shame and humiliation err, I mean... We wouldn’t be righteous without… Righteousness? Anyway, this unique is vital to the build. Without this unique, say goodbye to all the sick burns from Righteous Fire!

Since we're rolling with Avatar of Fire, we need some way of converting from Lightning to Fire. This ring will convert 50% of our lightning damage from Doryani's Fist into cold. The other 50% of lightning damage will be converted into fire thanks to Avatar of Fire.

And now that we converted 50% of our lightning damage into cold, how do we convert it into fire? We could use a Cold to Fire gem... But that's not very efficient. So instead, let's use this handy ring that also increases the burning damage on Righteous Fire!

Links

There are four main links. Note that for the main link, you have a few options!

Righteous Fire Links
3L: Righteous Fire + Increase Burning Damage + Increased Area of Effect

-----------------

Main Links
3L: Cyclone + Blood Magic + Life Gain on Hit
4L: + Fire Pen
5L: + Fortify

-----------------

Boss Links
3L: Flame Surge + Blood Magic + Fire Penetration
4L: + Concentrated Effect / Spell Echo

-----------------

Tempest Shield + Curse
4L: Cast When Damage Taken + Tempest Shield + Flammability + (Still testing here!)

-----------------

Auras and Golem
2L: Purity of Fire + Vitality
3L: + Summon Chaos Golem?
4L: Not sure! Either a herald or mobility skill such as Lightning Warp or Flame Dash

-----------------

Links Explanation

You can probably skip this part if you've been playing for a while. Otherwise, please read on! Oh, and don't feel rushed -- take your time! I'll be waiting in the next section for you!

Spoiler

Righteous Fire + Increase Burning Damage + Increased Area of Effect
We use Righteous Fire to burn nearby enemies in addition to giving us a MORE modifier on spell damage. With the passive tree and RotP, we’re able to sustain the burn it puts on us.

Cyclone – Our bread and butter. Because of its high attacks per second, we’re able to maximize the flat +lightning damage to attacks from Doryani’s Fist.

Blood Magic – Since we have an abundance of life regeneration, there’s no need to worry ourselves with mana regeneration. Not to mention that we will be reserving most of our mana for important auras such as Purity of Fire and Vitality.

Flame Surge – This is our single-target ace. We gain MASSIVE damage from our synergized equipment. First we get the flat lightning damage on Doryani’s Fist. If we blocked within the same pack, we will curse enemies with Flammability. If we’re in range to cast Flame Surge, they’ll be in range for Righteous Fire’s burning which means we’ll get 50% MORE (that’s a multiplier!) damage on Flame Surge. We also get another MORE multiplier from being set alight from Righteous Fire itself.

Tempest Shield + Curse - Still needs a bit more testing. But an additional 3% chance to block is super awesome! And might as well curse enemies while we're at it. Self-casting is for chumps!

Skill Tree

Note that this build can be started by either Templar, Maruader, or Scion. Personally I prefer Scion since I love all her lines. Plus her portrait is like a shining beacon of hope! But I started with Templar for the Warbands challenge.

Level ~65

So you'll have 140% increased life and 11.1% regen. Not that great, and you can't 100% fully regenerate against Righteous Fire. But your survivability only gets better from here on out!

~Level 80

When we're here, we'll have 170% life and 12.1% regen. Not the best for a RF build, but remember we aren't building our entire tree around RF! Otherwise we wouldn't be using Doryani's Fist.

From here on out we'll grab the nearby life% nodes to increase our % life to a maximum of 227%.

Jewels and Bandits

We have super easy access to one jewel slot. We can get another one, but that's for the level 80 range. So for now I'll just consider one jewel:

As for the bandits:

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

My gear

This is the embarrassing part! My own gear isn't that great -- especially my chest and amulet. But at least it shows this build can be done with average rares. Also try not to pay too much attention to the socketed gems since I'm constantly trying to optimize.
Spoiler

Budget Version

We get it -- you don't have any currency to spend. If praying to RNGesus doesn't help, try praying to Lootcifer as he's always taken care of all his children. I can attest -- that's how I got these gloves!

... Oh right. The budget version. *Ahem* ...
Spoiler

Ditch Avatar of Fire.
Ditch both rings.
Instead of Fire Penetration on the main links, use Lightning Penetration.
Instead of Flammability on the curse links, use Elemental Weakness (or any other curse that you find suitable)
That's it!

Videos
Level 70 average gear -> Tropical Island

Closing Thoughts
In case you haven't gotten the theme of the build, it's all about fun! Is this Uber Atziri viable? Maybe, maybe not. Who cares? As long as you're having fun mixing all the different synergies within this build, that's all I care about! So go forth, and fist those heretics!
Last edited by Exuroo on Jul 20, 2015, 12:47:27 PM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2016, 7:50:45 AM
reserved (I don't think I'll ever need this, but who knows?)
Last edited by Exuroo on Jul 17, 2015, 2:13:03 PM
Seem interesting :)

Do you have any video , I'm interested to see this in action :)
Whats the dps look like for this build?
i wanna see some vids :)
"

So instead, let's use this handy ring that increases our lightning damage (prior to conversion!)

This is false, damage increases never happen before conversion takes place.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"First of all, this build will cost about ~4.5 exalts."

Unless if you play in standard where these gloves are 45-50ex. :D
Hey everyone, thanks for the read!

"
ffogell wrote:
Seem interesting :)

Do you have any video , I'm interested to see this in action :)

I'll post a video or two within the new few days!

"
foloed wrote:
Whats the dps look like for this build?

I just made some changes to the skill gem setup. Once I get close to the build finalization, I'll update with a pseudo-accurate number!

"
Mannoth wrote:
"

So instead, let's use this handy ring that increases our lightning damage (prior to conversion!)

This is false, damage increases never happen before conversion takes place.

You are absolutely correct. I've updated the post. Thanks so much friend!

"

I've added a tiny tidbit that says this build is intended for Warbands. And yikes, that's a lot of exalts! And looks like Call of the Brotherhood in Standard is also too pricey for me.
vids or didnt happen
"

he got the brodeal™ of 1ex for the gloves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info