Freezing Pulse Build - Kripp's

"
cjf1023 wrote:

Here

Just run freezing pulse with faster projectiles, lesser multiple projectiles, and either | faster casting | life leech | or both when you have a 5 link.

as a templar you'll want almost all armor/ES gear. At later levels you can wear some straight armor peices (you'll need to pick up the 2 +30 str nodes).

With EB you can run haste, clarity, and whatever other auras you need/can use. If you need more defense, then use defensive auras, etc.

I do a ton of damage, and don't even need that much defense because enemies are frozen 85% of the time. Pretty easy build.

Edit** I forgot to mention that its necessary to have a quality freeze pulse. it's probably the best quality scaling gem in the game, even if its only like 5%, it's worth buying.

What weapon use ? Double wand ? or wand + shiled ... or ?
"
cjf1023 wrote:

Here

Just run freezing pulse with faster projectiles, lesser multiple projectiles, and either | faster casting | life leech | or both when you have a 5 link.

as a templar you'll want almost all armor/ES gear. At later levels you can wear some straight armor peices (you'll need to pick up the 2 +30 str nodes).

With EB you can run haste, clarity, and whatever other auras you need/can use. If you need more defense, then use defensive auras, etc.

I do a ton of damage, and don't even need that much defense because enemies are frozen 85% of the time. Pretty easy build.

Edit** I forgot to mention that its necessary to have a quality freeze pulse. it's probably the best quality scaling gem in the game, even if its only like 5%, it's worth buying.

Btw why have you learned those 3 radius of effect passives at the begining? The amplyfe one and other 2. Its gives nothing to the freezing pulse.
Last edited by APCY on Feb 15, 2013, 7:14:18 AM
basically its the same like the wand build but instead cold damage so that means that one will have survability issues, am i right ? Cause i just died at 67 running kripps wand build and the whole experience didn't felt secure at all but very squishy.

I want to make a FP templar that can take a hit or two and not waste all the points on defensive skills but i`m having a hard time to figure it out.
"
joanlocke wrote:

I want to make a FP templar that can take a hit or two and not waste all the points on defensive skills but i`m having a hard time to figure it out.

I'm leveling one right now on Softcore.

Compared to the marauder build it basically trades a little health and armor for some damage and utility nodes in the templar starting area and way more dex (which you can easily spec out of later).

I'm only in the 30's right now but I imagine it's also a lot easier to level. Templar gives you a pretty good start and then i went for Soul Siphon which the build passes anyway, so I'll use that till I get blood magic and it only takes 3 respec points to spec out of.

Build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTaIABLMCcbUE5CKOZPemtvoabBmFJKo26eNqna6nCI9GgUmyOGZP2t24k-vuKPqVIEZxtAyTJxzcf8bjn9QZvJ8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJCw9-EAv6MNlVLJpVte7VIKlvW0dIZ0NDPZVXG8-oWvylP7DgaOKeEkFUMfRB_xp7AGlnzrKon7Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFCH22HiWGPG2PAf892Cm3Oz8GsV59VP3nfw2Uk7cn7BxYhC8h2boWe9
ign: copo_
Last edited by copo on Feb 17, 2013, 6:36:19 PM
Last edited by Tekry on Feb 23, 2013, 8:58:37 PM
"
Tekry wrote:

Would love to see some theory crafting or higher lvl people comments with a similar build. Would this build be viable without minions? Possible to level through merciless with self found gear?
"
Tekry wrote:

You not taking Static Blows even though you are so close to it makes me very sad :(
Using Added lightning (preferably quality for +shock chance) with static blows is what takes the dmg to the next level (and makes it so you don't get so screwed over on Cold resist mobs and maps, and you can swap it out for added chaos dmg depending on the mods/mobs)

I did a freezing pulse in softcore on EB and while decent the build is mana intensive in the latter levels of your freezing pulse gem. Without some +%mana regen rings or amulet or rly high mana pool you can't support spamming a ~0,4s cast speed FP.

Atm I'm leveling a HC FP templar but I will go almost exactly what Kripp did on his Mara, blood magic and all. I find the amount of life you get, some ES as a buffer and being able to run 3 40% auras and being 83%+ on resists seems better for me then EB.
@Gimdir

You're right i didn't take it, because i plan to play with ACD over ALD.
Don't know if ALD+SB, even with quality, is sufficient when you take LMP over GMP..
If you get the shock stack on the first projectile, you get +40% for the 2 left
but you won't always crit or get the shock stack from SB, so does it worth it ?

I would like to have FP+LMP+FasterProjectile+LifeLeech+ACD on a 5L or
FP+LMP+FasterProjectile+LifeLeech+ACD+ColdPen on a 6L
or maybe a Faster Casting gem..
Don't really know what is the most efficient :\

And i saw some vids of other builds, seems like with the large base mana pool, the buffed clarity (inner force) and the base 60% regen from the build, it should be ok with mana regen..
But as i did not tested it myself, can't say much about it yeah..

"
Merkoh wrote:
Would love to see some theory crafting or higher lvl people comments with a similar build. Would this build be viable without minions? Possible to level through merciless with self found gear?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/83258
^ this is a shadow cold caster build.
As you can see he has less life and sustain but build around energy shield not EB.
Ice spear + life leech + cold pen + faster casting is a good choice for reflect mobs or a boss. Add the ice spear totem on top of that and you'll be fine i guess.
For the mana regen, he has not a very large pool (no EB) and has not Inner Force to buff Clarity regen.
Last edited by Tekry on Feb 24, 2013, 12:24:29 PM
What about this build?

Spoiler

Last edited by Azidonis on Mar 2, 2013, 3:30:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info