Freezing Pulse Build - Kripp's

"
KouGrizzle wrote:
"
ghuton wrote:
"
KouGrizzle wrote:
I want to try a freezing pulse build but does it rely on pets/minions? I want to play an HC ranged caster without pets/minions. Is this even feasible in hardcore?

I Want the same...

FP
Totem Spear
IN

no minions... but im having a hard time.... :(

Yea, hopefully someone who has a lot more time on their hands than me figures it out and posts it here, lol

Here

Just run freezing pulse with faster projectiles, lesser multiple projectiles, and either | faster casting | life leech | or both when you have a 5 link.

as a templar you'll want almost all armor/ES gear. At later levels you can wear some straight armor peices (you'll need to pick up the 2 +30 str nodes).

With EB you can run haste, clarity, and whatever other auras you need/can use. If you need more defense, then use defensive auras, etc.

I do a ton of damage, and don't even need that much defense because enemies are frozen 85% of the time. Pretty easy build.

Edit** I forgot to mention that its necessary to have a quality freeze pulse. it's probably the best quality scaling gem in the game, even if its only like 5%, it's worth buying.
Last edited by cjf1023 on Feb 12, 2013, 5:08:00 PM
^^^

This actually sounds pretty good. Is this a well known/popular build or did you just come up with this yourself recently? Or is this actually "kripps freezing pulse build"?

Might give it a whirl
no, kripp playes a marauder.
I'm playing a similar build, taking all those life and regen nodes
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO1BGBt5CKdgBpsgzidrhRNpwgEs6IAj0a4k_Af0NCBSQx9EdvFipuhz2WyOBB_kjgzdny7Z71VxmZPlSDGniSL7m9GcT0P9Om0DMT2ffWTJzwtJ-0c3MauGS44G3_Gtz7-CtSPwcUnqRGWerjyRbndiEJabZ2jDkiuk2z252PvDvIdJDz8q-OEpleC5OdSp1zAUfDZOuGKr1RJSVHz6kk7iPHaYl8_cFJyfpSg9khodIzP2E1QUFhjxth-WfIvajsg8EGHgsfkEZHP

Just support a q-freezepulse with LMP(or GMP), Added Lightning, Lifeleech and Bloodmagic.
This allows you to use all your precious mana for auras.

Caution: my build is maybe not optimized or completly bad. but in theory it should work :D
Casual Exile.

Nice.. reallly Thanks cjf1023.

Ill give it a try look interesting.. almost what i done for now.. just need some changes...

Cya
"
KouGrizzle wrote:
^^^

This actually sounds pretty good. Is this a well known/popular build or did you just come up with this yourself recently? Or is this actually "kripps freezing pulse build"?

Might give it a whirl

It's more of a play off kripp's build. It's really hard to level as a marauder with freezing pulse because you get no mana nodes and no int nodes. He manages it because he has an amulet that gives +100 to all 3 stats. His build is just way more gear dependent at earlier levels.

While his build may be more optimal late game, I think this will work just as well.
"
cjf1023 wrote:
"
KouGrizzle wrote:
^^^

Might give it a whirl

It's more of a play off kripp's build. It's really hard to level as a marauder with freezing pulse because you get no mana nodes and no int nodes. He manages it because he has an amulet that gives +100 to all 3 stats. His build is just way more gear dependent at earlier levels.

While his build may be more optimal late game, I think this will work just as well.

Should I consider using pets/minions with this build? I don't mind using the occasional minion as long as I don't spec into it. Which I don't think you do from what I can see
"

Should I consider using pets/minions with this build? I don't mind using the occasional minion as long as I don't spec into it. Which I don't think you do from what I can see

You could spec into minions, it would probably make the build ever stronger, I just hate having to constantly spawn minions/totems haha.

can any explain why my dmg with freez pulse is so low?

iam lvl 62 templar and using proozons build with the minions.

have a 5l chest with lmp,faster projectil, reduce mana, faster casting, and freezinge pulse

my dps is 388 with pulse.

using clarity and discipline aura.
IGN: BrinxZuNix
"
shikatheking wrote:
can any explain why my dmg with freez pulse is so low?

iam lvl 62 templar and using proozons build with the minions.

have a 5l chest with lmp,faster projectil, reduce mana, faster casting, and freezinge pulse

my dps is 388 with pulse.

using clarity and discipline aura.

What lvl is your pulse gem? That makes all the difference.
atm it is 12. but no quality...is that a missing point?
IGN: BrinxZuNix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info