I trust GGG

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
...however, Abyssus is a giant dent in both our defenses. something Snorkle would surely disapprove of.

Nah, it's only 40% increased damage, easily offset with a Belly of the Beast. With decent HP, life regen, End Charges, AA, and Fortify, you don't even notice taking the extra damage.

To be honest I think the game needs some sort of damage smearing concept (If anyone knows what this is about).

Basically if you take too much damage at one time, instead of instant dying. The damage is "spread out" over a period of time equal to the total, giving you time to react with potions ect. With removal of logging out instantly during combat combat should feel more fair.

IE: If an attack from a monster one shots you, you instead take 33% of the damage over 3 seconds. When he hits you a 2nd time that one shots you, you take 33% of damage of that hit 2x over 3 seconds (stacks but each with their own timer).

This makes weaker monsters more dangerous (or more important) since they can finish you off while your trying to recover. This is the only way I can see if you want to balance low sustain + Extreme surprise high damage type of game.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 24, 2015, 3:55:43 PM
I would be interested in anyones opinion on the best way to play a more defensive crit dagger cyclone, I was using abyssus, lightning coil and ir, after getting one shot a bunch of times this was my thoughts, drop ir, go rats nest, lightning coil, hatred, grace (currently hatred,hoa,hot for curse). I play pretty lazily with cyclone and cant be bothered stopping to check each mob. I can proc fortify with whirling blades. Thanks for any input sorry if im derailing thread.
GGG patches their game with more frequency and higher quality than any other game developer I know of. I have no doubt they'll make the proper adjustments in due time.
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
"
Fhark wrote:
I would be interested in anyones opinion on the best way to play a more defensive crit dagger cyclone, I was using abyssus, lightning coil and ir, after getting one shot a bunch of times this was my thoughts, drop ir, go rats nest, lightning coil, hatred, grace (currently hatred,hoa,hot for curse). I play pretty lazily with cyclone and cant be bothered stopping to check each mob. I can proc fortify with whirling blades. Thanks for any input sorry if im derailing thread.

when playing Cyclone, I'm still - and always will be - the biggest fan of Life Gain On Hit.
so going crit over the consistency and reliability of Resolute Technique, is something I can only understand, if you play Cast On Crit.

if you go Cast On Crit, you don't really need Crit Multiplier so you can use something like

and more importantly, a pair of these:

if you don't go Cast On Crit, I'd say a Rat's Nest would be the least of your gearing problems, compared to the awesome, fkn insane crit+phys+accuracy Daggers you'll need to obtain.

oh and Fortify + Whirling Blades is a good choice.
I use one as well. it's more than a bit overpowered right now, with the mobility it gives you.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 28, 2015, 3:18:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info