Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.2] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives / Bladefall. 7K Life, 100K+ DPS!

I'd start getting gear with more Mana Regen / Life / Resist as stage 1, and once that's done, get a Tabula +1. It's true, you're at the point where upgrades will soon get expensive, so start farming.

Also, get better Jewels, ALL THE TIME.

If you're worried about defense, know that plenty of people have done well with a Tabula +1 in HC, and offence is also a form of defense.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Aug 6, 2015, 5:54:40 PM

How about this?

Anyway right now I'm lv 76, 3k life , 26k (unbuffed) - 36 k (6 frenzy ) - 42 k ( 6 frenzy + vaal haste )

I should really get that atziri flask lolz :)

Trying to increase my life atm :)

Spoiler
"
CantripN wrote:
@mlvnk83:
Try this tree as a base to modify, see what works for you:

The Staff is holding you back compared to a 6L +1 Tabula which costs FAR less, you seem to not be using Frenzy Charges (and that's a BIG DEAL), and Arctic Armor is more or less a must for higher maps as you've seen (so drop HoA for that, I'll pretend you didn't even use HoI since it's shit).

I'd ditch the staff ASAP for a real wand+shield+tabula+1 combo, but...

If you insist on the Staff, I'd at least drop the Alpha and get a Rare with Life/Mana/Res, and get Blood Dance instead. That, plus the tree changes and some Jewels will go a LONG way.

-

DROP HoI + HoA NOW.
Add Arctic Armor.
Get a Blind Flame Totem + Flame Golem, they help a lot (don't need supports other than Blind, GMP is a luxury).
Frost Wall is a terrbile CwDT for EK since you can't shoot through, so get War Mark instead and maybe Immortal Call if you manually cast Enduring Cry.
There's no need for Life Leech gem on EK most of the time, as Warlord's Mark gives you that without a Gem.
You really need some way to get Frenzy Charges... Frenzy (the skill) doesn't hurt to have.
-

Spoiler
What the staff does have going for it is max mana, letting you remove (maybe?) a good deal of the mana passives and not suffer too badly for it).

Hi Cantrip,

I have taken your advice and made big changes to my gear set up and passive skill tree. In general, im having more physical damage than before at the same time having more life. Today a lightning coil dropped for me while farming. I decided to drop the plan of buying tabula rasa +1 and use this chest piece instead.

Below is my current gear,

resistance:
fire 73
light 75
cold 75

HP: 4851

As for my staff, what would you recommend as the 7th (6th) link damage gem? I tried several and was not very satisfied. I am now trying iron will instead. What do you think of hypothermia?

While i am having no problem with bosses such as torture chamber and jungle valley, i still die a lot to labyrinth boss. Do you have any tips on how to deal with it? Since i dont have a high single target burst, it is hard to try to damage the boss without killing the devourer that spawned.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Aug 7, 2015, 1:41:09 AM
I picked up the blood dance today, frenzy charges are fun. Now to find a reasonably prices +1 tabula in standard.
ign: eksnerdion
@sklipnoty - I personally despise that ring. It not only lowers your life, it also takes away an item that should have life, resists, and mana regen. All for a damage boost comparable to a Herald.
Same goes for Vaal Haste vs Vaal Grace, btw.

@mlvnk83 - If you're using a Lightning Coil 5L, then the staff might be ok, I guess. Hypothermia does work, or maybe Added Chaos? Iron Will is great if you have a lot of STR, but you probably don't.
As for the Labyrinth Boss, he's easy if you lure out all the packs in there away, kill them, destroy the corpses, and then lure him away to fight him away from them. A Devouring Totem helps a lot here, but if you make a mistake and let him feed you WILL die.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
"
CantripN wrote:
@sklipnoty - I personally despise that ring. It not only lowers your life, it also takes away an item that should have life, resists, and mana regen. All for a damage boost comparable to a Herald.
Same goes for Vaal Haste vs Vaal Grace, btw.

Well got the +1 tabby on warbands :)

Despite the ming's, res are capped :)

I don't get why you take ev/life nodes if there is no or almost no ev on your gear?
Because you can't take any other life nodes close?

Anyway I'll look for a vaal grace, got the slots atm.

Would you recommend a lv 1 empower over another gem ? I don't have emp and leveling it myself seems hardly releastic ...

Last edited by sklipnoty on Aug 7, 2015, 11:12:52 AM
You're not quite right, I do have some amount of Evasion, but yeah, it's mostly because there's no more Life to be had otherwise (just Jewels, and I'll get another at level 95, 98 :D).

And yeah, Empower 1 is all but useless, even on a Tabby +1. I'd use another support until it's 2, but 2 is fairly cheap atm. 3 is better, but a bit more expensive. 4 is so expensive you might as well pay for 2-3 other builds instead (which is, frankly, stupid).

Last edited by CantripN on Aug 7, 2015, 12:49:47 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
You're not quite right, I do have some amount of Evasion, but yeah, it's mostly because there's no more Life to be had otherwise (just Jewels, and I'll get another at level 95, 98 :D).

And yeah, Empower 1 is all but useless, even on a Tabby +1. I'd use another support until it's 2, but 2 is fairly cheap atm. 3 is better, but a bit more expensive. 4 is so expensive you might as well pay for 2-3 other builds instead (which is, frankly, stupid).

Ok thx for the tips and the build bro :)
Hey man,at which lvl i should swicth to acro?
"
Hey man,at which lvl i should swicth to acro?

Level is very variable. I'd wait until you have 3K life before getting it. No use getting Acro if you're gonna get one-shot.

EDIT: You seem to have Attack Speed on your tree. You do know EK is a spell, right? Cast Speed works, Attack Speed does NOT.

Last edited by CantripN on Aug 8, 2015, 8:50:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info