[2.0] Grez of Gorz's Elemental Mace Templar

Hello there,

First, thanks for sharing your idea. I am theory crafting a build at the moment and i'll use your as main source of inspiration.

There is 2 keys item i want to play with and they might complicate the thing a little bit : doedre's scorn and Carcass jack. So, as you can guess, my main concern is ARMOUR nodes. Other item slots will be same/similar as yours.

1) I am jungling with ideas to see wich armour related nodes i could replaces or simply leave them as they are. Any thoughts or suggestion would be more than welcome.

Thanks and have a great day :)

2) Edit : If you could "6L" ice crash/static strike, wich gem would be your choice? I thought about "cold to fire" but we can forget it for when we'll use static strike.

3) Do reckoning, vengeance and riposte trigger one after the other as you block? Or it's random. Sorry for the "newb" question. I just never play melee. Im born a spellcaster and sometimes i like to throw things like arrow. I'm a ranged guy. If you had to use just one, wich one of these it would be?
IGN : Ekpyrosis / KazykluBey
If i win one of your auction PM me here or In game, thank you =)
Last edited by AeschmaDeava on Aug 22, 2015, 3:41:03 PM
1)Doedre's gives INCREASED (not MORE) damage modifiers, which are good but not great. So all damage is converted to elemental (at 5L) so you do get 20% increased, but that comes down to about 2-3% more damage. The curse damage modifier works similarly. It can end up giving a good amount of damage, but the problem is that you already have unique ammy, shield, weapon, which can make resistances a bit harder. This is compounded by the lack of health on Doedre's. So you can probably get it to work, and clear low level maps faster, but it will probably not work well on higher maps.

Carcass jack is a crazy item. Increased area is super nice, decent health, poor/decent res, and good amount of ES. But if you are running Doedre's this is going to compound the lack of good resistance, and is going to make gearing rings, belts, boots, gloves all the harder. I had a CJ and I ended up selling it. It is a lot of fun, and it is worth trying for a bit. I switched it out for a 5L, and I wouldn't go back after completing Celestial Justicar.

To get more armor, the health armor nodes at mauru start aren't bad (a bit above single point efficacy with 0 travel cost).

2) Lately I have been running 6L infernal blow (or dominating blow if I want to pot like crazy). Build really works with any elemental hit. But the big players for sure are going to be; weapon elemental damage, melee phys damage, added fire, phys to lightning (this is great as you will get more from your WED and from all the elemental damage on the tree/items), multistrike (if not icecrash), fortify. If you are running lower armor lower health I would put on fortify.

3) The all proc. So if you block it will do both reposte and reckoning, but they don't have the same cooldown. If you get hit it will set off vengeance. So you constantly hitting with an auto proc. life on hit can pretty good with either AoE counter.

I can swap out for any attack and while gemming may not be ideal based on color all attacks do well with a similar setup.
Last edited by heroine4life on Aug 25, 2015, 1:34:43 PM
Thanks alot for insight buddy. I am not sure if i like it so far. That suck because i really think Doedre's scorn a great item. Just cant find a way to use it to it's full potency yet.

I have trouble getting the ammy. I vaal'd 6 of them, not what i need. I'll keep looking at POE.trade

Have a good day :)
Last edited by AeschmaDeava on Aug 27, 2015, 7:04:29 AM
I was doing 75 maps without the curse ammy (it is just a cherry on top sort of thing).

The cheap version of this build is still very effective thanks to high block, high health %, and good all res.
"
heroine4life wrote:
I was doing 75 maps without the curse ammy (it is just a cherry on top sort of thing).

The cheap version of this build is still very effective thanks to high block, high health %, and good all res.

I can afford one. Just not willing to overpay for it. Thanks for confirming i'll be able to do lvl 75 maps without it. I have a very decent 5l, triple res + life astral plate if my plan (doedre's / c-jack) fails. Might even try with my 6l belly of the beast.

So far build is quite fun, even if you say its monotonus. Am used with 1 skill toon so it's fine. Same time i lvl Ice crash i got Static strike in my second wep set as well as molten strike. I'll be able to switch "element" when i'll feel too.

Thanks for sharing it. Have a great day!

:)
Last edited by AeschmaDeava on Aug 27, 2015, 6:51:34 PM
Hi, what's your dps on Ice Crash? I'm theorycrafting an elemental build myself and dunno if I should play it considering that theory deeps seem a bit low.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Is there anyone who would like to post a video of this (or a similar one) build doing maps?
I would be extremely grateful. I'm thinking myself of doing a character that utilises damage conversion.
Do you know what app people use to post vids? I have never done it. If you make it easier for me to do it, I am more likely to do it =p

As for the DPS from the other post it is betweek 25-45k. I don't remember off hand. Lately I run infernal blow and that is like 40k.

Lazy pally WILL have a higher DPS but it will have lower health (20-30%). It will have a higher block to compensate. I am not saying this build is better, it is just different.
Last edited by heroine4life on Sep 11, 2015, 4:15:52 PM
Hello buddy, i'm researching a build like yours. I saw that you don't said about mana to spam ice crash.
Any trouble about that? i'm going to keep 92% of my mana reserved and a 6L ice crash costs 40 mana each.
thanks for share the build.
I run a single aura at 50% reserve. With that I run 1 pot, and it is more then enough. Reserving 92% may be to much to run comfortably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info