On-spot cast spells inconsistency

The cast behavior for on-spot cast spells (that is all kind of Novas, Convocation, Portal, Mines, Discharge and Summon Raging Spirits) are inconsistent.

Upon using Mines your character moves to the point where your mouse was and uses the skill there. Shift-use uses skill on the spot.
Novas however upon activation are cast momentarily without moving. Shift-use does not change the behavior. The same goes for other spells.

The skills should be brought to the same base behavior.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I do hope to get some feedback on this.
Just a bump to get some replies.
Or should bug reports stay without replies?
I just wonder if I should keep on bumping this thread until some replies from time to time or let it be lost (witch is more probable).
Yet another daily bump.
Is this even a forum for bug reports?
This isn't really a bug so much as how these things work. Mines and traps are laid at a location. Novas are cast at your self. You are already at the location of your self. No movement is ever necessary. If you want to move somewhere and then cast nova, literally do that. I suggest not putting the skill on your left click, and simply dedicate left click to moving ONLY. Put your skill on right or middle click (or one of the 5 keyboard entries). The function of shift is to prevent normal movement. It will obviously do nothing new if no movement was required in the first place.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 19, 2015, 12:50:24 PM
You have a point about Novas.

But still Portal and Summon Raging Spirits should behave the same way.
And.. it's still there.
Aaaannnd... still the same.
Wonder if going over 2 pages will do the trick.

And just to verify:
So there are skills that are cast "At your current position" like Novas and "Placed at location"? Or it's a bit different?
Last edited by Forest_Elf on Jul 23, 2015, 7:29:09 AM
Well... Not like this will fix anything, but still this inconsistency should be addressed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info