74mb patch?

"
Dreggon wrote:
While it's understandable you wouldn't feel the need to tell people about a non-visible change you're making, it's nice for us as players to know what we're downloading. I've seen a lot of game companies release silent, large patches without telling anybody what they're for, which is very frustrating if it's left up to me, the player, to decide whether or not it's worth downloading that 500MB patch that has no changelog.

It's time consuming to formally update/merge/post patch notes if they are very small, but would you be happy with a thread in the beta status forum about it when changes like this occur? 95% of people don't bother to check though :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
While it's understandable you wouldn't feel the need to tell people about a non-visible change you're making, it's nice for us as players to know what we're downloading. I've seen a lot of game companies release silent, large patches without telling anybody what they're for, which is very frustrating if it's left up to me, the player, to decide whether or not it's worth downloading that 500MB patch that has no changelog.

It's time consuming to formally update/merge/post patch notes if they are very small, but would you be happy with a thread in the beta status forum about it when changes like this occur? 95% of people don't bother to check though :)

I would be very happy if you guy's did this. Even if it's somewhat vague - Just giving us an idea of whats being patched would be cool :)
Fun things, Sad things... We can't share everything, But what we can, we should share... That is what it means to be a guild. A single persons happiness is everyone's happiness. A single persons anger is everyone's anger. And a single person's tears are everyone's tears.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

im in those 5% that check. I like all stuff abput poe, even the thecnical stuff ! :)

A bit of a side note but, Like this, a very nice video with Jonathan explaining how random map generation works in PoE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM9Ynfzll0
"
Chris wrote:

yes plz
"
Jonathan wrote:
As for the patch, the reason it had no patch notes is because nothing player visible has changed.

If you must know, the patch addressed a very rare bug which could cause you to lose all the items in your stash and current character when moving between instances.

At the same time we also added an internal tool to allow us to recover an entire account with characters and items from a database backup so that we could restore the items for the players that were affected by this bug.

This is very important news and I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to hear an announcement about it!

At least, thank you for responding to our thread and posting here.
"
Chris wrote:

This would be good - make a thread and update the title with the date/time every time you release a small change, with the relevant update posted at the top of the page.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info