[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
o_osuper wrote:
"
deadmeat9 wrote:

I didn't notice the Revenge of the Hunted, can take nodes of scion wheel and take that. Point Black routes works also, I just don't know if I will use it or not and you don't have to take those 2 other 4% life nodes.

Edit: I am actually thinking about backing out of scion life wheel.

Ya, I was thinking maybe the cold weapon nodes are also in reach and might be worthwhile, but they don't really seem that great compared to other nodes.

Backing out of scion does seem like a good idea, its a lot of travel.

Here's a tree I'm thinking about trying

Nice, you can also go into the duelist start for more life.
Spoiler

Guys, this is my itens, i think my char is week with this itens, i'm in Act 1 Cruel mode atm.

What i can trade in this itens for now, i'm poor, have only 9 chaos hahahaha But have anything for trade for now?

And i can't play with Wrath and Herald of Ice actived, because with this mana reserved, i can tornado shot 2 times =/
Last edited by Pessini on Mar 1, 2017, 9:06:32 PM
"
Pessini wrote:
Spoiler

Guys, this is my itens, i think my char is week with this itens, i'm in Act 1 Cruel mode atm.

What i can trade in this itens for now, i'm poor, have only 9 chaos hahahaha But have anything for trade for now?

And i can't play with Wrath and Herald of Ice actived, because with this mana reserved, i can tornado shot 2 times =/

i would suggest dropping gmp for lmp. And also dropping herald of ice for now. Just use wrath and use a mana flask. Maybe grab essence sap too.
"
o_osuper wrote:

Looks decent, but we'll see how we might need to adept.
Anyways, I would go for Cloth and Chain~ 24%eva and 12% allres for 2 points - at least at beginning of the league that might help to cap. Later I'd rather go for the 5% life nodes at Constitution, or the 4%life 8%eva near Revenge of the Hunted.

Hired killer is 14% for 7 points ~ the ones around Constitution you didnt pick are 30% for 6 points.

edit: He posted a new version and imho it looks solid
Last edited by Syrill_ on Mar 2, 2017, 11:40:34 AM
Ele bow just got a massive buff in the Ranger area, due to 76% WED from the new cluster. Windripper was never stronger than Doomfletch Prism, because physical damage simply scales better. Please for the love of RNGjesus don't try to scale cold damage with Windripper, it's a terrible idea. I never liked Inquisitor because your passive tree is very inefficient and awkward. There are more than enough elemental penetration you can pick up to negate the effect of resist.

Pathfinder CI
Ranger - Path Finder - CI

Pick a choice between Veteran Bower - Master Surgeon - Master Alchemist depending on how good your gear is.

LA - GMP - Chain/Pierce - WED -PCoC - Added Lightning
Barrage - GMP - WED - PCoC - Added Lightning - Slower Proj

If you have legacy Vinktar and Skyforth, you don't need VP, PCoC nor Master Surgeon.

Raider Life
Ranger - Raider - Life

Avatar of Veil, Avatar of Slaughter

LA - GMP - Chain/Pierce - WED - Added Lightning - Increased Crit Dmg
Barrage - GMP - WED - Added Lightning - Slower Proj

Inquisitor CI

Put a Lioneye's Fall jewel in the far left jewel socket. Inquisitor gets massive 634%% crit multiplier to help you 1 shot everything that you can do. Downside is that it's slow as a snail trying to move around. Link Increased Critical Strike Support to cap crit.

These builds are not optimized and subject to improvement. Overall, Windripper is in a pretty bad spot compared to pure phys bow (Tornado Shot), phys conversion bow(Signalshot, Prism), poison bow (King of the Forest). There really isn't much reason for going life IMO.
Last edited by godlyatheist on Mar 2, 2017, 12:47:53 PM
"
godlyatheist wrote:
Please for the love of RNGjesus don't try to scale cold damage with Windripper, it's a terrible idea.

Sorry I have to ask, but can you explain why?
I had the idea to use Hyrri's Ire + Herald of Ice for some cold dmg and rest lightning damage. I don't get any nodes on tree which are specific to a certain element. I maybe even wanted to use Ice Shot instead of Lightning Arrow.
Is that a bad idea? Why?
In case I still take Hyrri's Ire and Herald of Ice, would you then recommend to take lightning dmg nodes on tree, for example Arcing Blows (which is 6 points away btw)?
My damage right now is about 25% cold, 75% lightning.
"
Alshadur wrote:
"
godlyatheist wrote:
Please for the love of RNGjesus don't try to scale cold damage with Windripper, it's a terrible idea.

Sorry I have to ask, but can you explain why?
I had the idea to use Hyrri's Ire + Herald of Ice for some cold dmg and rest lightning damage. I don't get any nodes on tree which are specific to a certain element. I maybe even wanted to use Ice Shot instead of Lightning Arrow.
Is that a bad idea? Why?
In case I still take Hyrri's Ire and Herald of Ice, would you then recommend to take lightning dmg nodes on tree, for example Arcing Blows (which is 6 points away btw)?
My damage right now is about 25% cold, 75% lightning.

You just said it yourself: you have a 25/75 split between cold and lighting damage. Why would you waste resources trying to scale the 25% portion instead of the 75%?

Ice Shot is meant for massive pdps Harbinger Bow that can CONVERT the physical damage to ele for double dipping (projectile damage affects the physical base and the converted elemental damage). Double dipping is the reason why pure elemental bow sucks hard compared to builds like SignalShot and Prism. Windripper has trash physical damage so converting it doesn't do anything.

The only thing Windripper is good at are:

1) attacking fast
2) crit a lot.

There are many problems with this bow in today's meta. Attack speed scaling has significant diminishing return. Harbinger Bows can crit even more than Windripper unless u have a perfect legacy version. Now if you add in the scaling problem, Windripper is just plain bad. DO NOT THINK ABOUT MF with this bow. MF is a worthless stat. You get free MF by killing stuff faster with a harder hitting bow build.

Arcing blow now cost 1 extra point. So it's 4 (or more) passive point for 52% Lighting WED and 8% penetration, an average of 13% Lighting WED and 2% penetration per point. The new Primeval Force in Ranger area is also 4 points, but it gives 76% WED and 5% pen, which is better point for point because it affects all WED.

Also, Added Cold damage is the worst affix to have on any gear/gem. The Added Cold Damage gem is always the least dps increase compared to any other gem. Flat lightning is better because the range is higher while the average dps is the same, so you can crit for a lot more. Also, there are more Chill/Freeze immune monsters than any other ailment immunity in the game.

Hyrri's Ire is terrible compared to other chest. That 13-24 cold damage is almost irrelevant since your base cold damage is so low. If you want dodge, use Kintsugi with a fat life roll and actual mitigation on it. If you want life, you can get Belly. If you really want to use the %IIQ on the low tier stuff, use the Southbound gloves, it adds way more. We only use HoI instead of HoT because it can proc at range when we crit instead of close by like HoT, not because we want to scale cold damage.

The only possible way to add more damage to a Windripper build is to get the crit multiplier so high you will 1 shot the Shaper (which isn't close to possible), or go to LL and add more auras to boost your ele damage (Anger for flat fire, more heralds, Haste for AS). If you try it with LL, you will find that all the passive you waste trying to get mana reservation under control only nets you like 30-40k extra dps, which is easily bested by spending 12-14 points on jewel sockets and adding 4 affix jewels that add 10-13k dps each. In fact, even if you built a Windripper char with perfect double legacy Windripper with +1 arrow implicit and used all 6 t1 mirror gear, you damage will not even reach 1/10th of SignalShot using a mere 500ex worth of gear.

The way I see it, Windripper right now is a cheap bow with a cool history. It will let you clear low tier stuff with ease and you will feel good doing it. You can invest lots of currency into it and kill harder stuff, but it's not going to be nearly as efficient as other builds that scale better. The mechanics of the game right now simply don't allow that.
Last edited by godlyatheist on Mar 2, 2017, 1:02:53 PM
First of all thank you for this nice answer.

I understand now why you say that ele flat+AS speed stacking is not good. Unfortunately I really don't want to do another phys-stacking build (even if I convert most/all of that to ele) as I did so many of them in the past. And since Hyrri's Ire got buffed (you mentioned 13-24 cold damage, but it's actually 60-80 topend) I thought I give ele a shot.
You also mention that I'm wasting resources trying to scale the 25% cold dmg part of my build. But if I do not have any specific element nodes, isn't it irrelevant which elements my damage consists of? Really the only reasons I see to try to get 100% lightning is because of Arcing Blows (which I do not take at the moment since it's 4 points away) or 20% pen vinctar (which I will also probably not get in the new league, since it will be suuuper expensive because of HoWA). Everything else is for all elements.

If I don't do this windripper ele build, are there any other options for bow builds that do not stack phys damage? I want to try something new and not phys stacking, also no spellcaster and god please no meta builds (vaal spark, howa).

PS: About reflect, what do most bow builds do against it nowadays? I wanted to use Hyrri's Ire, Acrobatics and Vaal Grace for 75% dodge and also have high eva, so I rarely hit myself with reflect.
"
jardocanthate wrote:
"
Pessini wrote:
Spoiler

i would suggest dropping gmp for lmp. And also dropping herald of ice for now. Just use wrath and use a mana flask. Maybe grab essence sap too.

But have any item for i change, for upgrade my person for now? or do this changes and just level up for now?
Hey, so I just watched your newest video you said we're going to use something else now besides Drillneck? Just a nice rare quiver maybe?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info