2.0 Lightning Templar: Lightning Strike or Static Strike?

Not sure on the skills quite yet. I know I want elemental damage and blocking be a main focus, so I am going to use Tempest Shield. I would also want some way of triggering Elemental Weakness to happen when I get hit or something. I am not sure if I will go with Molten Shell, but I might to stick in some fire elemental damage. I think I am still going to go with Lightning Strikes (and not static strike) as the main attack since I am already going to have 2 other friends doing a ton of AoE damage.

I have tweaked my build a bit around yours. I dont think I want to grab ALL the nodes around the Constitution circle and instead i'll grab Purity of Flesh and the nodes in that circle. While the Constitution circle would give 5% more life, the other gives 20% res to Chaos damage and I hear chaos damage is a bitch in late game. I never really noticed unyielding, so I am going back and forth about going for it, but in this version I left it out.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAdwEswUtBjkIsQthDF8M9xPMFCAWbxhdGj4abBvxHKce3ySqKPopTy5TL8w1kjbpPC09Dz_8QKBBh0bXR35KmErIT1ZP81BHUWBTpVcpXz9i7GVNZlRnm2jyaf5uqnGFcg907Xfjd-V5OXloeu97w3y7fsd-4oGvgpuCx4Lkg1-DzITZhO-Fe4qvi4yMdpARlFyUb5o7na6ePKIAqW6playvrfGuPq9ssQWxQrM_tfK2irc-uNC9Nr6nvrzAZsC_wQTBgsWKxq7MZtNv2L3aOtrB4XPjauQi5FHli-hm7Djsy-0g7w7wH_Iv8wbzEfnd-ej7qv4K
For automatic cursing you can try Reckoning + Curse on Hit. That will let you basically curse stuff whenever you block.

On Lightning Strike, I would suggest using

I also would suggest using
for more tankiness.
For thy actions, thou shall be cursed, and thy stash tabs shall be forever tangled and
beyond comprehension
Im building something very similar to your build with a few diferences and I also have a few questions about lightning strike.

Im also new in this game, I play in tempest league,im going with two scepters right now but the idea is to go with shield in cruel. The support gems I want to use are physical to lightning, weapon elemental damage and elemental proliferation for sure and I will go with triple herald, tempest shield and reckoning + curse on hit + elemental weakness seems a good idea.

First question: how lesser multiple proyectiles and multistrike will affect to my proyectile damage since the proyectiles already have a % of reduced damage? Acumulative or multiplicative?

Second question: Im considering to go for iron grip (i will link the tree I want to follow later cause im with my mobile) but im not sure of how physical damage and elemental damage are applied cause im using physical to lightning and lightning strike itself converts physical to lightning so ¿ increased pysical and elemental damage % is aplied after or before the damage conversion? I just want to be sure im not wasting skill points in usseless nodes (I already know melee -whatever- damage is not aplied to proyectiles).

Last question: concentrated effect and increased radius of area skill nodes affect reckoning, proliferation, killing triggers from heralds and tempest shield? The curse will guet any benefit from concentrated effect?

Sorry, english is not my native language so its a bit difficult for me to explain this, hope u understand. Thanks for your help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info