GGG please confirm: Are Divination Cards subject to level penalty?

"
Qarl wrote:
Yes, they are affected by the currency penalty.

Divination cards should have been another way how to spend your time when you beat the game. If divination cards are impacted by currency level penalty, it goes directly against that idea.

I also assume if cards are considered currency, Item Quantity gem will increase amount of dropped cards in a long run.
"
jooozek wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

So... any cards that drop in Act 1 only (even Merciless) are not really farmable once you hit level 85+ ?

More like "more reason to die repeatedly in softcore leagues".

Haha, good thought. (And thanks for the wierd but very useful tip lol)

By the way waht exactly is this Currency Penalty? I exped this aswell, I thought i could farm some better gear and meanwhile hopefully get a divination card that I need, but nothing ever dropped... Unexpected if you don't know about a "currency penalty"..

"
Qarl wrote:
Item Quantity gem will increase amount of dropped cards in a long run?

The gem got removed.
I am having similiar thoughts. While the Cards certainly can be used to farm currency, they are also used to farm uniques..
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 13, 2015, 7:55:28 AM
"
rusher21 wrote:

"
Baron01 wrote:
Item Quantity gem will increase amount of dropped cards in a long run?

The gem got removed.
I am having similiar thoughts. While the Cards certainly can be used to farm currency, they are also used to farm uniques..

Well he's from closed beta, and just about everyone on standard softcore/hardcore has access to item quantity gem. It didn't get removed, it just stopped dropping

@Topic since most (probably all) cards have an associated map, farming a particular one as a high level char shouldn't be too bad. It might invigorate the map trade a bit as well, although so far the only card I've gotten while mapping is the gambler (those levels of RNG approach silliness)
Last edited by Asmosis on Jul 13, 2015, 10:07:58 AM
-
Last edited by Zat0ichi on Jul 16, 2015, 7:21:14 PM
"
Baron01 wrote:

Divination cards should have been another way how to spend your time when you beat the game. If divination cards are impacted by currency level penalty, it goes directly against that idea.

I also assume if cards are considered currency, Item Quantity gem will increase amount of dropped cards in a long run.

Those are my thoughts too.

Seems odd they would be effected by item level. I mean it seems like they set it up so most of the better cards are in high level areas but still. I thought farming the cards would be something players could choose to do towards endgame and not be locked behind trade.
According to the wiki:
"
For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

However, when running maps, I can go hours and hours and not a single card drop. Bad rng or something else going on? Or did I just not see the few cards that dropped?

UPDATE:
seems to happen in legacy maps. I guess no cards in legacy maps. But jewels and such do drop in legacy maps.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 17, 2015, 5:01:15 AM
I feel this should be changed. div card should be a new end game not an added bonus as you level.
the way it is you either have to stop following to story/quest line and farm. for people that are casual players trying to get that drop could be days of farming 1 zone. but as an end game it's an alternative for mapping which not everyone wants to do. should be changed to difficulty so once you enter merciless div card are not diminishing while farming in merciless but will have lower chance to drop in lower difficulties.

if it's just currency it shouldn't be locked to only drops in these zones. might as well say exalts only drop in maps chaos in merciless alch's in cruel
Last edited by Xales on Jul 19, 2015, 8:31:17 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

This is strange conception
First u say that cards will be a new option to farm gear without too much luck involwed but u nerf it with a currency penalty :o
So to farm for some build defining uniques i should make a new character and die from time to time to prevent the penalty appearing when im too high on lvl.
This is problem in softcore and if someone plays in hardcore its just... new char just because u were good in game and lvled :D
So in short you are punishing players that play good

All of this is acceptable if that penalty is applied to currency-giving cards but its missconception when applied to uniques-giving cards.
"
davinci663 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

This is strange conception

It can't really happen any other way, farming low areas by just running through them would be a bit too easy. The solution would be having a high level farming location for every single card, but it would also mean upping the chance to drop a card for locations with multiple ones.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
i think you guys are overplaying the penalty. Twilight Strand in Merciless is level 56. You are capped at 68 (unless they changed it in 2.0) for currency drop rate penalty calculations. The penalty is 2.5% for every level more than 2 you are overleveled. Worst case penalty in Merciless is 25% (68- 2 -56 = 10 * 2.5%). That may seem like a big penalty, but consider you are way overleveled when that much penalty is applied, so you're flying through those areas melting everything without blinking an eye.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info