GGG please confirm: Are Divination Cards subject to level penalty?

I've been farming Cruel docks since level 48 and in the beginning i have been getting a 4 stack of Jack in the Box card in around 1 and half hour, but after i hit around 57-58 i haven't seen a single one in around 3 hours. Is it just really bad luck (which i really doubt) or are the card drops penalized when you are overleveled.
Last edited by Bikalo on Jul 13, 2015, 12:13:27 AM
Mmmmm it seems that the "jack in a box" card is only dropable in .... wait for it ... boxes
Yes, they are affected by the currency penalty.

"
Qarl wrote:

Thank you for replying this quickly.
"
Qarl wrote:

So... any cards that drop in Act 1 only (even Merciless) are not really farmable once you hit level 85+ ?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

So... any cards that drop in Act 1 only (even Merciless) are not really farmable once you hit level 85+ ?

more reason to create new chars :), good move ggg
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

depends on the card tho...
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

More like "more reason to die repeatedly in softcore leagues".
"
Qarl wrote:

as expected.
"
jooozek wrote:
More like "more reason to die repeatedly in softcore leagues".

although there needs to be some sort of penalty for high level chars (other than getting bored to death running low level content) exactly this will be the consequence.

nobody is leveling up a new char to have a short timeslot to effectively farm a card from a certain area in cruel for example.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

From what I understand, these cards will also drop in the map versions of those zones. Also, for the purposes of the currency penalty, your character is never treated as being higher than a certain level(68 the last I knew). So you should be able to farm any cards without penalty SOMEWHERE and even just in the normal zones, the penalty should be fairly minimal on most/all of merciless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info