Innervate

To get the onslaught buff, does the target have to have been shocked by the ability with innervate attached, or be killed by the ability with innervate attached, or both?

I'm running a static strike build tied to innervate, while also using herald of thunder. I frequently see my herald of thunder lightning storm raining down but not having the onslaught buff.
Diamond Supporter since 2012-04-24.
The Skill that Innvervate is linked to gains Onslaught on Kill from the Support, so naturally that specific Skill has to get the kill.
As far as I can tell, the onslaught duration from innervate is not affected by increased duration passives. Any chance of changing this in a future patch?

EDIT: Sorry, I should provide some context. I'm levelling a spark shadow and thought it might be fun to try innervate once I got some of the increased duration nodes. I figured with +45/90% increased skill duration I'd have the buff active most of the time, but it doesn't seem to work that way. My spark gem is also linked with faster projectiles if that makes a difference.
Last edited by ScreenName on Jan 17, 2016, 9:29:44 PM
Correct, and working as intended. It's not a Skill Effect, and thus it's not affected by Skill Effect Duration. Same reason status ailments are unaffected.
(but Poison is affected, because reasons I guess)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 18, 2016, 8:13:23 AM
I think this gem need some good buffs to really compete with Faster Casting. Faster Casting with more DPS and doesn't need kill (ie. works for boss) to activate make this gem obsolete. Only valuable thing about Innervate is the shock chance for non-crit build, but then shock chance can easily get from the passive tree (and you don't need to have really high shock chance because shock doesn't stack).

Feedback above is for caster build only, not sure about attack build.
I've used innervate for a bit now, here is my feedback:

it is a pretty niche gem, only would use when there is no other gem you want to link on (basically a filler support).

Suggestion for improvement: Let quality on innervate grant increased onslaught effect rather than the shock duration.
And imo Innervate has no use ...
Everytime to time i wanna use it but there is something always better to use ...
Silver flask also do the job now...
I dont think it has the functionally as intended or how was b4 new flasks ...
So in a 5L
last link a innervate coz is based on lightning?
But than i read the info of the gem and not worth it at all...
Per 1% Quality:
1.5% increased Shock Duration on Enemies ? maybe ?
but a 20% qua = 30% inc shock duration and i think a build based on shock would prefer dmg...
Now, gaining onslaught on "kill"?
Why would waste a socket?
Maybe if it has more atk and cast speed while on onslaught buff would be the buff needed...
Besides the duration having a faster cast+atk+movment speed... i think its a buff not so unbalanced?
I dont wanna give numbers ofc but like this it would be nicer?
Innervate shouldn't give dmg imo, if so the name of the gem should be berserk XD
So yeah my opinion of re-vamp is a new line:
While in onslaught triggered by innervate you get more/increase x% SPEED (atk+cast+movement speed)
Thank you and is just a opinion...

---lamp18
Sad this gem is ignored, i've managed to use it a few times on my archer build with my frenzy+pcoc secondary attack... it's really not the greatest thing, could use plenty of buffs.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Sorry but why this game dint work on trap n mine ?
3.0.0 brought skills like "Charged dash" and items like "The rippling thoughts" that could make this gem finally rise and shine after long time of uselessness... But it was "reworked". Somebody in GGG really hates this gem :(.

Please make it back to "pre 3.0.0" state!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info