Wild Strike

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Nov 14, 2023, 1:35:07 PM
Well, not really a feedback but more about requesting more info from the mechanism of the gem...

I'm guessing the second part of the skill, for how it works, is 100% elemental damage, but I'm not sure 100%. I would love to know more about it, and also how the dmg scales on the second part ? Conversion from first part dmg ? Or independant value ( on the base of the initial hit, as lightning strike ) ?

I'm close to the point I4ll want to 4L it, and I'm pretty sure it will go Wild Strike + Multistrike + WED. But then, witht the lack of info on how it works, I'm not very sure about the 4th I would use. A sure option would be faster attack, but depending on how it works I could use a better support gem to fit in my build.

Also, it would help about which herald/aura I would use. Right now I'm using the ash one, but if the second part doesn't have a physical dmg included neiither is a conversion from the initial hit, I would use one of the other 2 heralds ( surely thunder )
Last edited by Jeremdelsol on Jul 13, 2015, 4:08:44 AM
The Skill works as described. It deals Attack Damage, and Converts 60% of your Physical Damage to Elemental Damage. Nowhere does it say it deals 100% Elemental Damage right off the bat, so that doesn't happen.
I was wondering about the second part of the skill, not the initial melee hit.
"
Jeremdelsol wrote:

I'm close to the point I4ll want to 4L it, and I'm pretty sure it will go Wild Strike + Multistrike + WED. But then, witht the lack of info on how it works, I'm not very sure about the 4th I would use. A sure option would be faster attack, but depending on how it works I could use a better support gem to fit in my build.

I'm playing Wild Strike in Warbands with a level 74 ranger crit dagger. I'm using WS-Multistrike-WED-Faster Attacks and it works really well. For a 5th link, I think about Ice Bite to get frenzy charges as I shatter a lot of enemies (other options are increased critical damage / added fire damage / phys to lightning / innervate / hypothermia). I'm also using Herald of Thunder as I also kill a lot of shocked enemies, so I use HoT to curse Assassin's mark and generate power charges (my other aura is Hatred).

"
Jeremdelsol wrote:

I'm guessing the second part of the skill, for how it works, is 100% elemental damage, but I'm not sure 100%. I would love to know more about it, and also how the dmg scales on the second part ? Conversion from first part dmg ? Or independant value ( on the base of the initial hit, as lightning strike ) ?

I'm not sure about the exact conversion/tags that applies to the second part of the skill. The logical thing is that the 60% conversion still applies. But what exactly is the second part of the skill and what can increase its damage? Is it secondary damage like the explosion from explosive arrow? Does the WED really applies? (I think so)

It would be nice if we could have some answers from GGG :)
Melee phys damage would maybe be better than wed as it would apply to the physical portion as well as the elemental one when wed only apply to the elemental portion. Need more info about 2nd damage part though.
Last edited by Yesu on Jul 13, 2015, 9:41:10 AM
Tooltip DPS says melee phys support is better than WED. I play a lv52 phys dagger crit shadow with Wild Strike. I have 0,4% life leech and I dont see a difference between single targets and groups concerning the outcome of the leech. So I think the AoE effect (explosion, wave, chain) is elemental only. But the question is, is it really just 60% of the phys damage? I think it makes sense, because it would be op otherwise. All AoE skills do slightly less damage than single target skills. Wild Strike would be the first one that does ~140% base damage to ALL targets without any penalty if Im correct?
"
Jeremdelsol wrote:
I was wondering about the second part of the skill, not the initial melee hit.

I know.
Need dev clarification whatever the effects scale with "melee physical damage".

I think that explosion and arc do benefit while the ice wave doesn't. (Will iron grip let it benefit from strength at least?)

Also i assume that linking support that modifies given part does not effects damage of the rest - so LMP should only reduce damage of the wave.

So far skill seem to be miles behind ice crash...
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jul 13, 2015, 12:17:58 PM
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
Need dev clarification whatever the effects scale with "melee physical damage".

I think that explosion and arc do benefit while the ice wave doesn't. (Will iron grip let it benefit from strength at least?)

Also i assume that linking support that modifies given part does not effects damage of the rest - so LMP should only reduce damage of the wave.

So far skill seem to be miles behind ice crash...

Yeah. It's very hard to support - AOE benefits fire but not the other two, chain is lightning only, lmp cold only. I haven't tried melee splash but unless it spawns multiple versions of the effects it's not really a solution. I shall keep testing though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info