We're Freeing up Old Character Names

thats realy nice idea
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588
Lame. I came back for the xpac but lost most of my good names from when I joined the original closed beta :(. So many feels for losing them.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Lost a character name I liked and was forced to rename it. Would have been better if you just deleted my guy so someone else could use the name and didn't rub salt in the wound by reminding me that I had that name claimed.
Last edited by Kobodoshi on Aug 15, 2015, 10:35:38 PM
so wut if my name got tooken from me and i want itb ack.. ;{i playd in beta took a break and idied on hc right before i took a break so it was on a low lvl char.ughh
Yeah i just came back after not playing quite a bit of time... Found out one of my names expired.. I must say this may be the worse thing I have ever seen a game do lol... I really don't understand who decided this was a good idea lol.. Like REALLY Taking other peoples hard work away from them because they haven't logged into a system in a while... Everyone knows unique names are rewarded to the people who checked out the game first... This is counter productive to your oldest members who have been supporting you since the begin.

Luckily I really didn't care about my name and its not a huge deal for me... But when I read this it made me laugh I couldn't believe it honestly....

Also seems like this just happened so I literally just lost my characters name by a few months.. Get with the times.. Create a unique account generator if you want your community to have access to any name they want for their characters. Im sorry but when creating systems you never make your consumers pay for it very bad system... This system is exactly that....
Why can't poe just use a system like diablo 3 or neverwinter? Your forum name would be all your characters names. You will have a hidden account name so you can use any name
Last edited by Ceezar on Dec 14, 2015, 3:46:59 PM
Normally when I post in any forum I do so in a civil manner.
However this time I won't.

FUCK YOU

Seriously.

FUCK YOU

I put money into this game. Even if it was a quite some time
ago that makes me a paying customer.

When after a long break of not having a working computer I
finally get one and go back to my old games. Only to find
a middle finger pointed at me.

What gives you the right to take something that technically
was paid for?

I used to tell people about this game all the time saying that
it stood head and shoulders above just about any other similar
game that exists. I don't know how many countless times I posted
in the D3 forums about this game.

I was excited to log back in and play. After finding you took
names that BELONGED TO ME, I'm not excited anymore.

P.S.

FUCK YOU
It's funny, back in the game after it finally returned to steam and found a nice bonus, my only good nick which was on the account, is already busy.

Забавно, вернулся в игру после того как ее наконец вернули в стим и обнаружил приятный бонус, мой единственный нормальный ник который был на аккаунте, уже занят.

https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/17424 (returned to steam).
You know... This feature should have had an extended timer for people who have put money on this game...
Really sad move.. all the good names that I created during the beta as a supporter are now gone. Seeing them with a * now and having to choose a new name is a no-go. Being a supporter during the beta had a meaning and being able to first-name characters was one of its perks, not anymore though. I wanted to come back for the SFL league but no thanks. Why don't you just handle names like Diablo3 does? Everyone can create whatever name they want.
Last edited by Tanit on May 16, 2017, 2:08:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info