[2.0] Angryaa's beginner's guide to Ball Lightning Shadow.

"
Gixxerdude wrote:
When you tested this in CB, did it include the 24% damage reduction that is listed in the patch notes for ball lightning, or is that new as of today?

*edited for clarification.

I was wondering the same thing, would be nice to know before the 2.0 kick in :-(
"
BloodRaziel wrote:
"
Gixxerdude wrote:
When you tested this in CB, did it include the 24% damage reduction that is listed in the patch notes for ball lightning, or is that new as of today?

I was wondering the same thing, would be nice to know before the 2.0 kick in :-(

I believe the patch notes are in regards to the current patch, not the CB one. In other words, if the build worked fine in CB it will be exactly the same when the servers goes live.

Unless the patch notes specifically says that the -24% is applied to the CB-version of Ball Lightning, that is. But I'm currently toobusy to check that...
Hi Angryaa, what do you think about this setup? I am trying to run your build in new HC league, thanks for the help :D

BBBBGR Ball Lightning/Spell Echo/Slower Projectiles/Lightning Penetration/Increased AOE/Life Leech

BGGR Cast When Damage Taken/Ball Lighting/GMP/Blind
BBRR Cast When Damage Taken/Warlord's Mark/Increased AOE/Frost Wall

BBBG Clarity/Grace/Wrath/Herald of Thunder

BBB Conductivity/Faster Casting/Increased AOE
BBR Lightning Warp/Faster Casting/Less Duration
"
BloodRaziel wrote:
"
Gixxerdude wrote:

I'm level 49 in act 3 Cruel and it feels more than fine so far. They reduced the damage but increased the radius, so it clear quite fast. This is my current tree. Using just BL + Lightning Pen + Echo, HoT + CoH + Conductivity, and Flame Golem I have 417 tooltip DPS. One cast kills a pack, though rares and bosses can take a little while. 2200 eHP plus the distraction from the golem and I haven't been close to dying except against Malachai.

I also tested the tree for a bit in Merciless Docks on a level 63 Witch and while it didn't feel as good as 1.3 it was still fine. That's without gearing for crit at all (though with a Carcass Jack), and using BL + Light Pen + Echo + Faster Casting.
Last edited by Urze on Jul 12, 2015, 12:41:34 AM
Just stopping by to show some love for this build. Up to Cruel act 1 so far but I've been demolishing everything! Tooled around in the beta trying to create my own hybrid builds with no success, stumbled upon this and thought I'd give it a go as I wanted to try another Shadow.

A suggestion for the build name could be "The Hadouken" in honor of Ryu from Street Fighter!

One minor thing to note is Arctic Breath is sold by Clarissa in Act 3 (not Yeena in Act 2).
Last edited by armsinmotion on Jul 12, 2015, 3:03:57 PM
Thanks!

Just plowed through most of normal, just reached act 4, lvl 35 and is leveling like a breeze. I am able to keep up a great pace with BL and HoT. thanks again for a great and easy to follow guide :) +1
"
Angryafrican wrote:
This build will be updated for the 2.0 launch.

Build works great, i'm using BallLightning and Shock nova (as secondary AOE spell).

When the build will be updated? Cant decide which weapon to use (dagger/wand/sceptre).
Never forget - "With dexterous feet and steady eye, stones and arrows pass you by"
Last edited by fataleast on Jul 13, 2015, 2:51:21 AM
"
fataleast wrote:
"
Angryafrican wrote:
This build will be updated for the 2.0 launch.

Build works great, i'm using BallLightning and Shock nova (as secondary AOE spell).

When the build will be updated? Cant decide which weapon to use (dagger/wand/sceptre).

The build is updated, you should open the spoiler maybe? lol

And for the weapon you should aim ofc for daggers that have the implicit 40-60-80 % global crit roll.

Ideally the perfect dagger would be the one with 80% global crit, with spel damage/mana + crit spell + crit multy
Last edited by BloodRaziel on Jul 13, 2015, 8:39:52 AM
What do you think of using a Staff in this build? I've got access to a +2 light, with +22% lightning dmg, and space for crafting Spell Damage on it.

Also, in your endgame gems, you have Discipline + Wrath listed as 3L - is there a missing gem? Reduced Mana maybe?
Hello,

Lightning ball is a nice skill :) , but never made a build with it before.

How about high-end maps, can you do hig-end maps this build?

And can someone please show his gear? I saw the youtube video, but I am still a bit confused, are you using blue and yellow items?

Greetz

Last edited by Afura on Jul 13, 2015, 1:20:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info