[2.0] DW Crit Wild Strike Claw Build (WIP)

You guys are thinking about wild strike 100% wrong. Wild strike is about crit. Crit chance, Crit Multipler, and Power charge on crit, and Life Leech gems, and multistrike. This is about attacking fast and w/ random elements dealing mutiple status effects. Even Cast on Crit would work well with this skill because of the multiple hits to trigger the spell multiple times.

Projectile does not help the Arc or melee attack so thats a no.
Physical Damage does not effect the secondary attacks so you need to pass on that.
Melee splash does not trigger multiple secondary attacks so you need to pass on that.

Get it?
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
**Edit**

Physical damage actually does affect the abilities after because 60% of your physical damage gets converted to the spell damage.

My passive tree:
(obviously this is when I'm capped)
(im finished left side and im up to Vaal Pact on right side)
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYA7gOHBLEFtQ2NFI4VIBXsFfYV_Ra_Fz4ZtButIuIi6iP2JP0mlSoLKjgqTSzpLYMwcTB8MZ4yCTWSNj031DiWOkI_J0X0R35H4krISxxLeExgTZJN41FHVUtW6FuvXotgQWHiYnlirGNwZK9lTWeAbEZsjG1sbbRuqm9XcFJw1XJseBmA4YO9hNmGs4nTijiK8Iw2jX2NgY2_j8GVZpstnaqfgqOKpDmmV6Z_qAewq7GztMW1SLXytxe5Hb02vqfAdsGgwuzDOsSC037UI9YH2L3dDd2o3efgleJe51To1u0_7UHuDu_j8-r8xf6P_94=
in the left jewel node I have Pugilist
on the right jewel node I use Warlord's Reach

**Update**

I'm level 70 right now using DW rare twin claws.
Stats as of right now:
HP - 2292
Physical Damage Reduction - 9% (excluding endurance charges and fortify)
Evade Chance - 44%
Dodge Attacks - 40%
Dodge Spells 30%
Block - 18%
Critical Strike Chance - 23.8%
Critical Strike Multiplier - 404%

(Note that I'm using TWIN CLAWS not Gemini Claws)
My current skill links:
(sheet damage including auras)

(auras/golem)
Hatred, Herald of Ash, Ice Golem

Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Wild Strike = 24156 DPS

(for bosses i stack viper strike and alternate with wild strike)
Viper Strike + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Culling(might change culling) = 22840 DPS

(mobility)
Whirling Blades + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks + Fortify

(Defense) (I use this link in both claws to proc 51% vengeance)
Vengeance + Warlord's Mark + Curse on Hit
Last edited by nickyjkim on Jul 17, 2015, 3:30:56 AM
"
nickyjkim wrote:
Physical damage actually does affect the abilities after because 60% of your physical damage gets converted to the spell damage.

Is this a random quote? Or do you have tested it properly?

Yes it scales from increased Physical Damage, at least this is what i have encountered.

The tricky part is: what is with MP, what is with WED, MP on full live, etc.

And i rly want to know: Does the secondary effect has its own critical strike chance?

The guy who posted the stuff about EE is wrong. It reduces Resistance by 50% which means 50 more damage on a 2/3 chance, while it lessens your damage by 25% on a 1/3 chance. The really tricky part of it are all those limitations due to buffs, auras, and flat ele dmg on gear. Is it really worth the try to get EE working. Moreover, your first hit is not affected by it, so no one shot builds doable.

"
YeahPete wrote:
You guys are thinking about wild strike 100% wrong. Wild strike is about crit. Crit chance, Crit Multipler, and Power charge on crit, and Life Leech gems, and multistrike. This is about attacking fast and w/ random elements dealing mutiple status effects. Even Cast on Crit would work well with this skill because of the multiple hits to trigger the spell multiple times.

Projectile does not help the Arc or melee attack so thats a no.
Physical Damage does not effect the secondary attacks so you need to pass on that.
Melee splash does not trigger multiple secondary attacks so you need to pass on that.

Get it?

Well crit's good on anything so kind of a moot point there. You have to scale the damage in SOME way and physical is the best to do that. From what I've heard the damage from the attacks IS based off the damage you hit so while you might not boost the secondary effect of the element it'll still do a lot because your scaling the actual weapon, which is the actual dps, which effects the aftereffects damage. Perhaps the true best way is a elemental buzzsaw type sword/claw with 2.0 attack speed and around 300+ edps so you can stack elemental damage instead.

In any case I see the build or at least the skill has peaked some interest considering its still on the front page of the thread, I'll try to update and make a post-2.0 tree/skill setup/gear etc later guys whenever I get around to making the build but my theory still stood and I think claws are the best for wild strike balance wise (daggers for damage). The upside to claws is their life gain on hit, this is huge considering the nerf to leech and it being kinda of meh right now unless you went way out of your way to stack tons of leech while with claws there's minimal stacking needed since we'll be duel wielding and hitting for almost as fast as lightning. Speed nodes > Damage nodes. More hits, more procs, more life/mana gain. No leech required.

We'll use gemini claws so you can run attacks on mana without much worry about mana upkeep, but sadly these are late game and so far are rather rare so odds of someone having, then having the damage high enough is going to be hard to not only find, but probably pricey as well. So would have to settle for a higher life gain claw or the lower version of gemini until you get that GG gemini, which is why I avoided making the actual build at start of league. I think this is a very gear dependent build to get it working just right, but we'll see how it goes in the upcoming days. Atm trying to get my cycloner to where I want it to be, after that project I'll start on this one asap though I'm sure more experience players are already testing setups and preparing builds for the skill using their standard characters with all their GG gear to showcase.

Edit: Updated main OP so people don't read old misunderstood info about the skill before it was even released that I speculated prior to 2.0. Now a more standard solid inline of the skill, nothing fancy atm, I'm sure there's cool combo's with certain skills/uniques that make it unique but atm its pretty basic stack damage, deal damage build.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Jul 15, 2015, 8:23:40 PM
Hi, thanks for your update !

Gonna try that wild strike soon and put my info here ^^
added fire is actually better than WED for tooltip, really interesting.
Added fire was buffed in 2.0.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Here are my opinion about your build, when i see it.

1. You got too many DPS and too low defences. Skill tree needs rework.

2. If you invest 2 points in Point Blank and use Molten Strike instead, it will be far better experience.
3. I think my tree will be better.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAAYAXgHcA4cEsQUtBbUILgzyDY0R1RR1FewV9hX9Fr8ZjiP2JP0mlSoLLlMwcTB8MZ41kjfUOkI-z0MxR35KfUscS3hMYEz_TZJN404qUUdVS1WFV5daGluvYEFh4mJ5YqxjcGVNbIxtbG87b1dwUnDVdO1343gNeBl9dYTZh3aJ04rwjDaNfY2Bjb-PwZVmnaqjiqTCpcumV6Z_qW6wq7GztMW1SLXyuR29Nr3mvqfAGsGgwuzDM8SC02_TftQj1gfYvdrB3ajjn-dU6UbtP-1B7YPuDu_j8-r8xf6P_rr_3g==
Sure, it has less %increased damage from tree, but you can get % increased WED from gear, since your damage is 100% elemental. Rallying Cry also provides great boost to Increased Damage. Also, quality on many gems... and jewels..

4. Blood Rage sucks! Why dont get Blood Dance boots instead? That's 11% life regen per second compared to Blood Rage.

5. Molten Strike has less mana cost, so just 1 Gemini Claw could be enough (for 5-link, at least). In second slot you can use claw with good life gain on hit, so no need for leech and VP even. You cant use leech effectively with a 60% conversion skill anyway.

6. Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark is great combo to automatically place curse and keep up power charges.

7. Jewels. I think Warlord's Reach is useful only for Cyclone builds. And i believe you should get jewels with %increased maximum life, because you can never have enough life :).

And then, you'll have my build :).
Just try that, you'll be pleased.

Links for Molten Strike:
Multistrike - Physical to Lightning - WED - Increased Critical Damage - LGoH/Life Leech/Hypothermia/Increased Critical Strikes

"
Mutzelputz wrote:

Yes it scales from increased Physical Damage, at least this is what i have encountered.

The tricky part is: what is with MP, what is with WED, MP on full live, etc.

And i rly want to know: Does the secondary effect has its own critical strike chance?

Well, frost wave is projectile, so i think it's unaffected by all "Melee" modifiers (including MPD and MDoFL gems). Fire explosion is most probably affected by "Melee" modifiers, akin to Lightning Strike's explosion and all AoE melee skills. As for chain lightning, i cant say for sure, really, as there are no other melee skills with such behaviour.

WED affects all attack elemental damage with weapons, it work for sure.

Critical Strike chance is rolled PER ATTACK. And always did. With Multistrike, all 3 hits use the same crit roll.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 22, 2015, 3:19:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info