Still can't understand leech fml

"
Deadpeng wrote:
You sound confused to me.

Possible, since my brain is about to boil in this goddamn heat, but it's unlikely, it just sounds confusing.

You leech at 2% of your max life per second from one hit, that's why I said it's both. If you did ten hits you will reach the 20% leech cap.

- So, if you did 5k damage in that hit and, leech 1%, your base leech rate is 2% (100 life per second) and the leech cap is 20% (1000 life per second).
- The leeched amount by one hit is 50 life, so the leech effect will take 0,5s at your 100 l/s base leech rate.
- Ok, let's say you hit 6 enemies with an AoE so that's 6 hits which adds up to get 600 l/s.
- If you got, say, 5 attacks per second, that means 0,2s later you hit the group again, for a fresh batch of 600 l/s which adds up to the 1000 l/s cap
- That means you have 1000 l/s for the following 0,3s until the first batch of leech effects expires (barring any new attacks from you).

If you're attacking a single target ten times per second it might mean you will hit the cap, and it might not, depends on amount leeched.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Alright, so the new maximum leech cap is still 20%, just that now you can stack the base 2% leech to slowly reach 20% maximum. I thought the cap for single target is 2% maximum as well as the per hit maximum.

Lol. I really thought leech is completely phased out of this game, now that is good news to me.
I'm still confused about this damn leech, especially the terms like in the wiki.

Finally, the "Base Life Leech Rate per second and maximum life." is in fact the "Maximum Life Leech Rate per hit", right ? There's no "base life leech", you leech 0 by default.

And assuming you get like 2% leech from the passive skilltree, plus the life leech gem giving you +2%. You'll still be at 2% max leech / hit despite you've 4% in your stats ? Or you'll indeed leech 4% / hit (assuming you hit strong enough ofc, but that's generally the case).

Anyway, if it's like i understood it and with your 4%, you'll be locked at 2%, what are the best ways to improve that ? Passive nodes aren't quite generous about it. I don't know what are the mods for it now and their values.
Bump.
Jsut read the thread again, or pretty much any other leech thread in past few days, it will be clear enough.

I already read that thread and some other stuff, i just want clear answers to my questions posted in my previous message above. To be sure i understood everything, that way i'll clarify the wiki too. "Base rate shit means nothing".

But anyway, i think i was right with what i said, so i added a note on the wiki. I just still don't know if you can find some increased Life Leeched per second as affixes on stuff for instance. For now i just found it in passive skill tree and Life Leech gem (quite useless if you take passives).
Last edited by Harest on Jul 15, 2015, 3:44:30 PM
You're confusing leech percentage and leech rate, leech percentage is the amount of your hit damage that gets transferred to your health and leech rate determines how fast will that happen.

Your base life leech rate is 2% of your health, that's how much life per second you can get out of one hit.

Increased life leech per second applies to your base life leech rate and increases the amount you're leeching from the hit without reducing duration of the leech.

Maximum leech rate per second is 20% by default and it determines how many simultaneous leeches you can stack, by default you can have 10 but that can change if you take increased leech per second or additional maximum leech rate bonuses.

You can try playing a bit with this, might help you understand how the whole thing works now
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_jqIx4zJa5NHQwWUJRM2FjTmM/view?usp=sharing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info