Win One of Two Alienware Gaming Laptops At The Awakening's Launch!

STUPID! People who already have a good computer will get another one for free. Capitalism at its best.
Dear GGG, i trully hope you understand that you are acctualy GIVING away a Alienware laptop so for that reason please read carefully these 3 suggestions:

1: BLOCK TP's (make them unusable in that lair) from the moment you enter Malachai's lair. (both first phase and second)
2: RESET Malachai's life to FULL everytime players alt+f4.
3: For Warbands league players -> If a players dies inside that encounter, RESET the fight and Malachai's life to FULL.

Last edited by since5685 on Jul 7, 2015, 1:25:20 AM
"
since5685 wrote:
Dear GGG, i trully hope you understand that you are acctualy GIVING away a Alienware laptop so for that reason please read carefully these 3 suggestions:

1: BLOCK TP's (make them unusable in that lair) from the moment you enter Malachai's lair. (both first phase and second)
2: RESET Malachai's life to FULL everytime players alt+f4.
3: For Warbands league players -> If a players dies inside that encounter, RESET the fight and Malachai's life to FULL.

Better ideas:
1.every player gets ONE shot to kill him, they can take as long as they like to level, or bum rush it, whatever they want, but they get ONE shot, and if they die to him in merciless they are removed form the contest, but can continue to play as normal, but killing him after failing causes you to be removed form the contest, it only make it a little bit more fair for players who cant jsut sit down and rush through the content in a day to get a free laptop.

2. If a player alt-F4's, ban them form the league, alt-F4ing in hardcore should remove you form the game, i dont care what the reason is, being able to instantly leave the game with no consequences isnt fair to anyone, if you are going to die face it like a god damn man.

3. see first sugegstion.
"
Ggiant85 wrote:

Theres no point for 99% of the people playing to even try.

Thank for you answer, but you have to remember that they allways have advantage, so you can't change it. It is like in every sport game.

Only thing, which GGG should change, is that the best time should count and you have for example 3-4 for finnishing mentioned boss in Merciless days after start of the league . Then they will sum up everything and give prizes.
No more time zone advantage, no more reckless 24h no life play without sleep etc.
We should have possibility to turn off the game and still participate in that kind of race.

@GGG
I hope you will rethink this :)

Last edited by SevenKnives on Jul 7, 2015, 2:26:27 AM
So let me get this correct. You are offering two laptops to people who kill Malachi on challenge leagues. I have a few questions.

1. Alot of us have had beta access -- some players do not. You put Malachi in the beta, are you saying "if you aren't in the beta, you're at a disadvantage?"

2. This feels like a very low-end achievement -- racers would get this done in 3 to 4 hours on softcore and 6 to 8 on hardcore? I understand the want to put a prize in with the new expansion, but the achievement seems trivial?

If you really want an achievement, it should be ... the first to lvl 100 in either league. This way, you include the new map mechanics, and you don't tell your player base "We're just happy if you complete 'story mode')

Incidentally, I honestly feel with the changes to the mechanics of the game , you had the opportunity to make lvl 100 a monumental achievement -- why am I seeing streamers at lvl 90 in beta? I understand these are pro gamers but when I see someone getting that high, that quick, it mitigates the challenge of achievement, which also tells me you are succumbing to Diablo III syndrome.

As a proposal, I would say 'XP to level' should be increased by 'Level %' , and yes I know it takes a good long time to get the higher levels, but currently lvl 100 is achievable (ho-hum) -- it honestly shouldn't be achievable in a 1-month league and should be a praiseworthy achievement in a 4-month league. But I know this proposal will be laughed at and never see the light of day.

Thank you,
DrCheckmate
I really don't see why people think that we can't criticize making a competition where only 10 people of the whole POE community can realistic compete.... why even let people that are not in the top 10 of racing even try for it when their chance of winning are the same as zero.
"What have you become when even nightmares fears you ?"
Sadly beta testers have quite a huge advantage, and also i cant nolife nearly as much as so other player/streamers
so, really you're just giving these laptops to the streamers who play this game every day.
Haha, no comments :D

"[HCBETA] Rest of A4 is here!! Speed leveling practice in prep for the awakening on the 10th!"
It isn't some high minded competition to find the true best poe player and honor them. It is to generate publicity and twitch views. Get a clue whiners. No shit it rewards dedicated beta players and people that help popularize the game. If you want a shot at these things think about what you do for poe. GGG already gives you the game for free, you don't deserve more.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info