Eternal Orbs

"
jstq wrote:
Great change. *uck pernament leagues and eternal owners. You can get great items with just alts + regals + multicraft master stuff.

Yea fuck 99% of perm leaguers, and those 1% eternal hoard owners whose wealth just doubled and tripled! Those perm leagues with vendor trash rares will NEVER EVER EVER x10 afford to get a mirror item... EVER!
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
VilfanGasper wrote:
Best possible change ever! That isa just ... I am speechless.

Can you explain why you think that if you like?

anything that makes crafting strong items easy is bad for the game in the short term and makes difficult to balance builds/skill gems

no more eternals=much better in the long run

spoken like a true jealous casual
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
if anything items with decent rolls that now sell for 4-5C will cost few exalteds

Not even close.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Antistes wrote:
RIP crafting. even fewer people will craft now

noone will craft now.....noone that have any experience in crafting.....only people that will craft and yolo exalt are people that have never done it before....

even now with eternals in game its a lot more cheaper to just buy items for your exalts then to try to craft anything (not talking about 6 T1 items), but from now, it will be just plain stupid to craft and not to buy some other people drops
ok, some thoughts on this.

first off I agree with everyone saying mirrors should have got the axe instead. Youve got a problem situation, anyone with sense and a feeling like the game shouldnt become a power creeped joke knows that the current situation is a problem. Either eternals or mirrors have to go, or both, if you remove mirrors and up eternal drops then crafting is healthy and the problem is solved, if you remove eternals then crafting is fucked but the problem is also solved. By fucked I mean its just gambling again, its not actually crafting its just pure rng gamble. Mirrors should have gone, imo, you dont solve the whole problem with just eternals going because items that can only be made with eternals still exist.

That said, something had to go. Chris, I would strongly urge you not to bring eternals back, right now with what uve said Im not going to exalt anything until the next update when a decision is made if they stay gone or not, personally Id rather you just decided they were gone and that was that. Second, get rid of mirrors, those are the real problem. Standard already has so many top class items but thats only a problem because of mirrors, this eternal change cant repair the games item state while mirrors still exist because even though theyre 6xt2 items now, theyre still way better than anyone will ever be able to craft again, theyre better than anything that will ever drop. Essentially this just locks the existing mirror tier gear into FOREVER being the top of the line, doesnt matter that it isnt 'perfect', the like of those items will never be replicated once the existing stocks of eternals are gone and they will continue to pollute the game through mirrors.

Ditch mirrors, I like mirrors, they do a lot of good, but so do eternals, eternals do a lot more good for the game than mirrors and if you can find it in your heart to axe the eternal for the greater good then please, for the sake of the item game, get rid of mirrors. Its the only way to actually make the exalt crafting system work without eternals tbh, as long as mirrors exist people who need high end gear will never craft it, especially now that eternals are gone but gear that can only be made with eternals still exists.

Is this why we have new top tier mods, was this conceived as a package of changes? If so I feel like you should have said at the time, because having new top tier mods simply to break the perfection of existing items and then remove the ability to make so many perfect items again post patch makes a lot more sense, theres actual reason there that people who care can appreciate. but seriously, get rid of mirrors too, a lot of people in this thread are saying it, a lot of people want it, lets be real, the harm thats been done by the existence of the current perfect items is only a thing because of mirrors, 1 guy with a perfect item means nothing without the mirrors there to proliferate the item. No one even uses them in temp leagues, there was that one bow and one dagger in hardcore so far, HvR and was it Goratha? The dupe dagger skullgutter existed but whatever, basically mirrors are taken to standard league, thats what happens to them, and then theyre used to spread gear that shouldnt exist. They basically do nothing for temp leagues, nothing good comes from them.

If you guys take out mirrors and eternals in 4 days time, never bring them back, I think youll find its an amazingly positive change for the item game and a lot of people are going to be very happy, I know I would be very happy and I know Im not alone as theres already a ton of people saying the same thing in this thread. I dont see that 4 months or whatever is going to show that change, but a year from now the repercussions of removing both those currencies I believe will show a far better item game, far more interesting and healthy.
So, basically, you're making sure the people who are already super-rich remain so with their stockpiles of eternals, and making absolutely sure no one who isn't already rich will roll even ONE gg item.
GG...
Be happy;)
"
YesImEvil wrote:
So, basically, you're making sure the people who are already super-rich remain so with their stockpiles of eternals, and making absolutely sure no one who isn't already rich will roll even ONE gg item.

Well..tbh, this happens with almost every patch(only the first part, with the rich guys just getting richer).
Last edited by loser19 on Jul 6, 2015, 1:57:49 AM
If you think this decision helps the majority of perm leaguers in any way and is worth celebrating, you are in for a big surprise. The 1% is laughing all the way to the bank.

Those who strive to buy current mirror worthy and soon to be 'T1-B'items, you will be paying more than ever before, either for existing copies in the market or mirror + jacked up fee.

Those who strive to buy new mirror worthy and T1-A items, good luck finding someone willing to craft one and if you're lucky to find one, paying 5x more fee for a copy.

The ENTIRE high end crafting will be almost if not completely non-existant. THANKS GGG!

You all can thank GGG for this most stupid decision hurting the majority, not the uber rich. Get used to using your T2/T3 mediocre rares for a very, very long time. As a 'permanent' player I hope you won't get bored of the game even faster than before, when you had something tangible to strive for when it came to obtaining BiS items.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jul 6, 2015, 1:59:21 AM
...well the 1% who already controlled the economy just gained a permanent foothold on the economy...

Also, as of posting this thread the online market sites that sell currencies and such to players (i use them to figure out decent currency trades, so dont flip out and ban me or something for checking them) jsut quadrupled the price of eternals...

coudl you at least micropatch the game so that eternals have a spike in drops until release so that players who DONT already have them can get 2-3 before the economy shits itself?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info