Eternal Orbs

will the game be balance around non mirrored gear?
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Wizardhawk wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Get out of here man, crafting in this game was ass and this is a great step towards fixing it. It isn't targeting casuals really, if they implement better crafting options. It is just making the time spent more rewarding for those that don't have all day to no life it.

How is it a great fix to require someone to yolo exalt 70000 base items in hopes of getting something good instead of using eternals/exalts to do it? The logic some of you people come out with just astounds me.

Edit: The removal of eternals isn't going to somehow fix the economy. It's going to make prices on good items skyrocket because that 1 in a million drop is now LITERALLY 1 in a million and the people with stockpiles of currency already are going to have their mirror-worthy new items but charge even more for them because nobody else can create a competitor item any more without a miracle yolo/drop.

This.
Only people who never used them,or intended to,see it as a good change for no apparent reason.
Just like when GGG announced new affixes,some people thought they could buy current T1 or close items for dirt cheap.
Good luck buying anything mirrored now. Especially new 6 T1 mirrored item,if anyone has enough eternals at stock to create them since they will require more than before.
But whoever creates a 6 T1 in 2.0 is gonna be super rich.
You should have removed mirrors.

It's because people right now are accustom to Eternals being an option. It was a bad one to begin with, the entire crafting process in PoE has been pretty fucked up from the get go. You're relying on really rare orbs, luck and rinse-repeating this process til you reach the desired result. Think for a second removing Eternals isn't the end of GGG's efforts here. Maybe...just maybe they'll implement new options. Ones that make more sense, like crafting in other games. Where its less RNG, yet still a currency sink with positive results at the end of the day. Masters were a good addition but they are weak. I've used Eternals, I've done light crafting and produced nice gear off of bases I found. At the end of the day it wasn't worth it because of the cost of Eternals/Exalts and the RNG. It was more efficient for me to save Exalts and just outright purchase gear that way or get 4-5 T1 pieces and master craft unique prefix/suffix to them you can't get anyways for literally 1/32 of the cost or better.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I do have to say that I agree with the change of disabling them. Although I have some I do feel they are and overpowered item and have thought so since the beginning. I do have to say though that I do feel you should just disable their use as well. This will have no effect on the top tier of crafting. Those guys have thousands of these saved up. All that just happened was that millionaires just became billionaires overnight.

My opinion is that imprints that are already saved should still work. That seem only fair. However for unused eternals I say here are a few options

1. Everyone know the going rate for eternals before this announcement where between 3-6ex each. Disable all the use of eternal orbs and make them be able to vendor for that rate. This type of vendor recipe seems like it should be a pretty simple thing to do. If someone wants to hold on to them incase they are reinsituted they can. If not they can get their realistic value in exalts.

2. This would probably be alot more work but simply make eternal orbs not use able on item levels higher than 75. This would mean that they are still useable on anything they could be used on before the expansion but would make them unusable on those new top tiers weapons and mod tiers.

3. Just disable their use when expansion hits. Imprints can be restored but new imprints can not be made.

I applaud the change but I feel it stops a little short of what your expected outcome. Those top tier crafters will still have the mirrored market cornered as they already have enough eternals to do so. This will have no impact on those weapons and will only make those weapons cost more to mirror. This is just my opinion but it really did just further the gap between the rich & the poor & middle class. I feel the outcome you desire will not happen until a future expansion adds another top tier of mods and gear which is probably a year or 2 down the road and which point the current stock of eternals will probably be depleted enough for the data feedback to be a little more realistic. This go around will still be littered perfect 6 T1 rolled mirrored weapons because they already have the eternals to do so.
The act of 'mirroring' should be next on the orb-adjusting agenda.

Any item should only be eligible for one exact copy via a MOK orb, with the source and produced items both being locked from further reproduction.
This is the last nail in the coffin really, GGG, you guys are completely out to lunch and out of touch with Standard, its economy and reality. You guys have no fucking idea what you're doing any more, in my books.

The last laugh will be on you, as you watch and see how much of the STD base activity gets destroyed even more by this moronic move.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
The act of 'mirroring' should be next on the orb-adjusting agenda.

Any item should only be eligible for one exact copy via a MOK orb, with the source and produced items both being locked from further reproduction.

Agreed. That would be nice,two guys joining currencies to get a really nice item each.
RIP crafting. even fewer people will craft now
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
This is the last nail in the coffin really, GGG, you guys are completely out to lunch and out of touch with Standard, its economy and reality. You guys have no fucking idea what you're doing any more, in my books.

The last laugh will be on you, as you watch and see how much of the STD base activity gets destroyed even more by this moronic move.

The game is meant to be played on the challenge leagues, how havent u figured this out by now?
I don't get how they could have been failing to meet their intended usage but kept as rare as they were for so long. Oh well will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

The game is meant to be played on the challenge leagues, how havent u figured this out by now?

Do you know what happens to a business when you constantly give 30% of your customers the finger?

By the way, this impact has nothing whatsoever (or insignificant amount) to temp league players... why do they insist on giving their 2 cents on things that don't affect them?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jul 6, 2015, 1:03:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info