How do you pronounce the word, "deodre" ??

Doh-eeh-dre. I'm not sure if this is only in the Awakening beta, but you can find a monument in Act 2, Western Forest that if you click on, you can hear her name being spoken.
IGN: Ironmallet
Last edited by Ironmallet on Jul 3, 2015, 2:54:02 AM
I just say deodorant.
Last edited by Azixo on Jul 3, 2015, 3:00:12 AM
Dödre
Might as well call her daedra
dödre, cause oe = ö in german
Dr. Dre won.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
It's always struck me as a more exotic spelling of 'Deirdre'.

Agreed, I too always related Doedre to the Gaelic/Irish name Deirdre, and simply pronounce it exactly like that, Deirdre.

DEIRDRE
USAGE: English, Irish, Irish Mythology
PRONOUNCED: DEER-drə (English), DEER-dree (English), DER-dre (Irish)

Meaning & History
From the older Gaelic form Derdriu, meaning unknown, possibly derived from a Celtic word meaning "woman". This was the name of a tragic character in Irish legend who died of a broken heart after Conchobhar, the king of Ulster, forced her to be his bride and killed her lover Naoise.

It has only been commonly used as a given name since the 20th century, influenced by two plays featuring the character: William Butler Yeats' 'Deirdre' (1907) and J. M. Synge's 'Deirdre of the Sorrows' (1910).
Related Names

VARIANTS: Deidra, Deidre, Deitra (English), Derdriu (Irish Mythology), Doedre (Wraeclast)

Source: http://www.behindthename.com/name/deirdre
"
Pronounciation is difficult to express when using writing. For example, whenever I see Monsta post, I always think of ghoti.

Is that quoting half broke horses by Jeannette Walls? "A Ghoti out of the water?"
dee-dree

For some weird reason I think the "O" is silent.
I have heard all of these pronunciations used around the office, and I'm pretty sure I've used all of them myself at some point. Thankfully there is voiced lore in-game that says her name.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info