All of the Jewels in The Awakening!

intuitive leap radius nerfed?
Most of them are rather underpowered.
Imo very few of these jewels are worth it. Many of them need buffs.
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
"
I don't see the only 3 jewels I was planning on using, Dark Thoughts, Mantra of Force & Wisdom Of Path Not Taken. Have they been completely removed or they are just not in the initial release?

Mantra of force made into mantra of flames, the other 2 completely removed.

I appreciate the info.

So disappointing indeed. I wasn't that impressed with the jewel system in the first place, with the exception of 4-5 specific jewels, like the ones mentioned above that made wonders to my build. I'm guessing that's the reason they got removed.

Now I will most likely "might" use 1-2 jewels from this "unimpressive" published list. I hope we see something more interesting till we see all 60 jewels. Spending 2-3 skill points in the tree to get in return things that at best are equal in potency with 2-3 regular passives doesn't intrigue my interest at all. Maybe there are some exceptions for specific builds, but for my build so far nothing. Seriously, who is going to use Intuitive Leap now with such a small radius? Completely inefficient taking into account the purpose it is supposed to serve.

I could say even worse things for the rares that just give you ordinary flat stats, with the task having 4 mods that suit your needs been very hard & possibly expensive to get, always compared to what I would get with equal number of regular tree passives.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on Jul 2, 2015, 6:01:48 AM
Yeah, first reaction was, wow, nice. Then I checked the tree and saw that most Jewel slots takes 2 or 3 nodes to get to.

Had another look and I really dont think most of these jewels warrant a 2 or 3 Skilltree points for them.

I really thought Jewels would open up a whole new slew of Builds, but I fear it will be just a weird 1 or 2 builds (Vaal skills) that will break through.

I hope GGG will buff some of these, and introduce ones that make us want to build around them.

Still loveya though <3!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Jewels do not justify 2-3 points you need to take on the tree, haven't played beta, maybe rare jewel with good 4 rolls can justify 2-3 points sacrificed on the tree, but these unique ones, no.....just no

I know uniques were bad but now they even have negative effects.

If there isn't a vendor receipe to turn -1 Endurance/Frenzy/Powercharge into something useful players will just drop them in town.

Why not turn them into some white gem without effects at all but mock the user with an unique corrupted gem?

I'll have to agree with the general consensus on jewels: a lot of there are rather bland and I don't see the benefit (now) for travelling the extra nodes to access them.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Inspired Learning :D
IGN: MegaSplasz
I wonder what one can do with "Hidden Potential". Leaving the weapon-slots for BiS, that would still make 8 potential slots for magic items. That means 160-200% increased damage. There must be a way to make this very useful ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info