All of the Jewels in The Awakening!

Intuitive Leap being Small radius really limits this jewel. On top of the 2 - 3 points that will typically be needed to unlock the socket for it, there are very few places on the tree where it might be used to save you 2 points - 3 points...

I can understand why, though, getting behind the gated Chaos Innoc nodes, or saving a few points near Whispers of Doom. Was really hoping to nab whispers, rapidity and calm in the upper left, but with a small radius it won't touch any of them. So much for that idea.

Jewels look like fun, I love the idea, but the clutter they have added to the tree makes them inconvenient in a number of places. The spots they show up have made previous paths cost 1 - 2 more points than before, harming pathing efficiency for the HP cluster in Templar, causing a jumble in the duelist bottom, and making the bridges from north to south part of the tree one point more expensive in all directions. The witch's jewel

I'd love to see some of the gating clutter resolved; cut part of the 1 - O - 1 stat node connectors in the class areas, cut one stat point from each of the 6 2 point north-to-south / east-to-west bridges on the inner circuit, and bump the flavoured clusters on the outer circuit to 1.5x their current values to make them at least somewhat appealing. 4% elemental damage or mana or melee damage is crap in comparison to 8% - 12% anywhere else in the tree, even as connectors. 6% would be a consideration at least. Three point investments in these would be less harsh if the 2 points before the jewel node weren't so disappointing.

Regardless of my own personal hang-ups, I'm happy to see more variety and complexity added to the game.
Oh wow these are amazing. Nice art too!
Many of the jewels seem like they're going to be dead on arrival, for example Fragile Bloom. They have trade-offs that are questionable to begin with, and when you consider the opportunity cost of taking a mediocre rare jewel they seem completely useless.
Great work!
Personally, I'm not a big fan of these jewels. Passive tree is complicated as is :D
But hey, change is always welcome!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
I'm a little underwhelmed by these unique jewels, however, I'm sure once the game is released we'll find some uses for them, and a well-rolled rare is almost always better than a unique, we should know this by now. There are so many changes coming, I'm really looking forward to this release, as I've barely played the game over the last 7-8 months.
my god...

as a theorycrafter, who rarely follows others builds and usually tinkers with a build 5-10 times before I feel I got it to where I am happy with it...

this adds a whole new layer theorycrafting, cause the choices are so.... many.

this is gonna keep me busy for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

"
Khisanth wrote:
What happens if your max charges is negative?

-charges + conduit = troll build for party play
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
the funny thing is most of those jewels are no choise at all... liek 5 of them are equal to a midocre rare gem.

They shoudl have balanced some of the good jewels... not axe them.
I am a real build tinkerer and the addition to the game that these jewels give.. It's just amazing. Just from the ones shown here there is so many builds that have now been made possible to create through the use of jewels instead of specific items or made able to specialize more. This opens up lots of room to change things up for builds.

I love where they are in terms of "power".
They might be the only thing making a build possible or they might be a nice addition to the build -or they might be outclassed by a nicely rolled rare jewel.
Even a jewel such as "-1 frenzy charge" has a use (might not be the greatest) and give people who use Hyaon's Fury the option of only taking 3% increased dmg while still making use of the life on kill - might be the only sustain the build has.

Love that we are now given the option (options are the best) to implement even more mechanics into a build than before. Normal unique items take up a gear slot and now we can spend passive points to get access to mechanics that are not just a static part of the tree - GG GGG :D
Last edited by Sharix on Jul 2, 2015, 3:58:40 PM
Jewels seems fine so far.

I really like the three "thanks for vaaling but fuck you" jewels aka pacifism, fragility & powerlessness ^^

Anatomical knowledge, fire born & mantra of flames seems to be really worth using them and martial artistry is just amazing!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info