Why not give info to big media sites like IGN and PC GAMER

like some have said, they were already featured on all the big sites when they first announced the expansion and they gave them the exclusives thats needed to get them to feature you etc. Its not that no one cares, people like gamespot gave PoE game of the year, PoE has many millions of people signed up, this game is huge, not a case of small game small devs so big sites dont care. Its a case of they already did a big article on the release a few months ago which has now been wasted somewhat. I dunno, between the whole beta thing and, imo, some really bad and unnecessary mechanical choices with some of the game systems theyve changed GGG has done a lot of damage to what should have been a massive lift for the game. Im sure it will still bring in the crowds but it could have been so much more and they didnt need to lose the faith of so many long term players, I feel bad for all the staff who put in a ton of work and had it somewhat ruined by some really bad, careless decisions from the top which they really didnt need to make.
"
Barivius wrote:
The marketing here has left a lot to be desired. They need someone with expertise on board to help them next time.

This would be ideal.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
They announce a 2.0 in the press but at that time it was a closed beta only few can access.

Readers just forgot about it for sure since they could not play it when it was in the news.
They surely lost plenty of potential customers that way.

Forum pvp
"
a relatively small F2P game catering to a niche audience?

what? is this bait?
"
lolozori wrote:
They announce a 2.0 in the press but at that time it was a closed beta only few can access.

Readers just forgot about it for sure since they could not play it when it was in the news.
They surely lost plenty of potential customers that way.

But they made bank by selling access to the beta. It was a mess for sure. Next time, i'd say maybe save the hypetrain for when the content is ready. Or if you want to do an extended beta, let everyone in. It was handled very poorly and I hope they learned from this process.
"
ReZar wrote:
"
the_truth wrote:
and others.. the recent news coverage was from sites ive never heard of or barely visit, which don't get much traffic to begin with.

2.0 news deserves big outlets... any reason why there is nothing on these sites and others?

I mean you (GGG) quoted kripp as a marketing quote... like what?

Frankly I think kripp and other streamers are much more effective than those gaming sites.
Personally I haven't gone to any gaming site in years.

Personally, I have never watched a streamer for more than a few minutes. Dif strokes.

E: Including what a "famous" streamer thinks in your official trailer is.. bush league. Makes it look like the real outlets don't have much good to say about it.
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 2, 2015, 5:11:09 PM
Less commotion when they have to push the release date back from the 10th due to numerous bugs that come up.
"
the_truth wrote:
and others.. the recent news coverage was from sites ive never heard of or barely visit, which don't get much traffic to begin with.

2.0 news deserves big outlets... any reason why there is nothing on these sites and others?

I mean you (GGG) quoted kripp as a marketing quote... like what?

Who is Krip?
Just wanted to say the marketing team so far has done a horrible job.

Awakening trailers should have been posted on gametrailers and other big sites every week/couple days to build hype.

Are we really only getting that one gameplay trailer to announce the awakening?

No trailers with cool/epic music and a narrator telling the viewer how MEANINGFUL and AWESOME and EPIC the players actions in the awakening will be?

C'mon, we're going into a mountain to slay Nightmare. Surely a great cinematic trailer could have been created. One to let people know how EPIC this expansion will be?

I don't have experience, but how hard could it be to create a cinematic trailer? Remember this D2 trailer from 1998? It was awesome. It's epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxnWjyvmpnI

The sacrifice of the vaal trailer was also very good.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope more trailers will be released in the next week. I hope this expansion succeeds. I want it to succeed.
Last edited by coatofarms on Jul 2, 2015, 9:52:27 PM
"
coatofarms wrote:
I hope I'm wrong.

Are you in marketing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info