Has anyone here encountered an extra-dimensional being?

it could be a thing, that might explain the red shift and big bang etc. The universe isnt actually expanding from a singularity starting point but rather the observable universe is simply expanding because its part of an internal organ in the universal turtle that is heating up due to the digestion of an inconceivably large snickers bar this morning. That is this morning in the turtles time speed of course, not ours as human beings, that would be absurd.

Is there really any reason to suspect the turtle isnt infinite? I mean really, isnt the idea of things being finite, having beginnings and ends just a flaw of limited human perception? We have to quantify things and draw a start and an end, but its all just perception on some level that allows us to put things in boxes and think, its not 'real'. I have a cup, the cup was made, that was the start of the cup and when the cup breaks thats the end of the cup but really another way of looking at that is there were atoms, and then there were atoms, and then there were atoms... nothing began or ended at all, I just decided to see a set of atoms as now different from other atoms and then decided those same atoms were now not the "cup" any more, the cup is just an abstract, it only ever existed in the flawed way I chose to percieve matter that I have no reason to believe is not infinite in its existence. Im not even the me I was, there isnt a single atom in me that was part of me when I first decided that I was a thing and separate from other things, I mean thats all I am right? A concept, a perception, an abstract idea, draw a line anywhere and another anywhere else and say everything between those lines is now a thing in its own right and thats as meaningfully a thing as 'me' surely when talking about the world outside of pure theory.

I dont even really buy the idea of a big bang tbh, Im not sure it really makes sense. Like all the matter was in a singularity and then it exploded and became the universe... so the matter already existed? So why is that not just the matter still existing in this universe just all packed together? Hows that the start of anything? When did the matter that made up the singularity first come into being? Energy just changes states, everything we know suggests the only beginnings and ends are artificial constructs of our limited perception so why would the universe have a beginning? how can that even make sense? If I decide the colour green is evil then that means as much scientifically as the concept of a beginning and end surely? Its just something I made up in the theoryspace of my mind.

Dont they use this to pile on more dimensions? The other universes that could have been created with different universal rules in the possibility matrix of our universes creation? Thats like a whole other dimension of possibility... bullshit, what utter bullshit. I feel like thats a concept born in a mentally ill mind that has the capacity to act like a computer because theres nothing else going on in there and thats exactly why there isnt enough reality between those ears to scream "what youre thinking is baseless nonsense", and none of the rest of us are computerlike enough to even fully understand how they got so mad in the first place so we cant communicate with them on the level of mathematical insanity they exist in.

"theres infinite dimensional possibilities of every choice ever made playing out across infinite dimensions across infinite dimensional dimensions through infinite big bang births of infinite infinite universes that also have a beginning and end"

"emmm, u wot m8? and how did you work this out?"

"on a calculator, when you add up all the numbers that what it says"

"err... ok youre gonna have to explain this to me precisely because this sounds like bullshit"

"ok, well......"

and then 5 hours into this mathematical explanation you just have to say look ok, stop, whatever you want, theres infinite inifites, whatever, you win, just go back to playing with your calculator in the corner I could be watching reruns of Babylon 5 right now rather than listening to this, i dont care enough to even know how to understand what youre talking about.

Im not really sure if theres infinite turtles (space), but I have a gut feeling that the turtle has to be infinite (time). On some level its just a hunch but surely anything else is ridiculous no? Its like the least ridiculous thing on the table once you get over the idea that stuff actually exists, which is mind boggling enough to swallow by itself, but then we think therefore turtle etc, on some level something must be real.

Well to put it bluntly, data and theory's only hold relevance when they have a practical utility, anything prior to that is fair game for speculation but nothing more.

The utility for me of that prior post for example is to gauge the relevance of time within the universe and to visualize it as a tangible substance that can be manipulated.

I don't reckon other people would be interested in such utility's, so it's a waste. A fun waste though.

I also think providing utility to thoughts is a key human experience, so it's important to develop this ability accurately as to make sure your utility's are positive oriented. A positive mind is a strong tool in my experience.

Questions give rise to answers, answers give rise to questions such is the human nature. To stop the human nature, knowing is key. Once you know, the mind is at ease and the present reveals itself.

Spoiler
ha get it? you get a present in the end!

Peace,

-Boem-

(what happens if the turtle farts though!!! Mystery's!!)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
of course, the utility, it doesnt matter what is true it only matters what can be repeated and replied upon in a way that is functional. I feel like its a shame that scientists know this among themselves but when it comes to brain cox on your tv telling you how the universe works it stops being "maybe..." and "we speculate it could be..." and "this formula works and lets us do x, y, z" and becomes "this is what we have discovered about how the universe really is."

The fart idea is rather worrying, it would obviously be, by our standards, an unthinkably large amount of matter expanding from a relatively tiny point of origin. On many levels a big bang, and that brings in the chilling possibility that from what we can measure of our universe we could in fact be part of the fart, ejected from the mother turtle to expand and drift into who knows what, the void beyond the turtle? A terrifying mystery indeed.

At least we get to decide what is and is not defined by 'the turtle' as a concept, so despite the growing distance between fart and farter at least we can chose to technically still be part of the turtle and take comfort in that if we wish as either way such a concept is simply that, a concept.

To return somewhat to topic, and to be slightly more serious about the subject, I think dimensions is simply the wrong terminology. I think when people use that in the "it came from another dimension!!!" sort of way its more akin to heaven, hell etc, another place, plane of existence, heaven isnt a dimension its just another place entirely which would seem no less plausible than the existence of actual dimensions beyond the first 4 that science puts forward. Honestly people mock but Id as easily believe in the literal existence of alien wars and extra "dimensional" beings be them god, gods or green men from thirdspace as I would in a lot of widely credited modern scientific theories like string theory etc. They all sound equally absurd and hard to swallow to me and honestly I cant think of any explanation for the existence of anything that doesnt sound absurd. Something must be true and whatever it is it cant be any more or less "u wot?" than little green men. Some ideas are more socially acceptable than others at given points and places in human history but when you really think about them theyre all pretty out there. Whatever we believe individually its no less strange than the next mans ideas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info