YEAH finally happened :D

"
FadeXF wrote:
Yeah - I'm not seeing any jealous people in this thread - not even 1.

Congrats - this belongs in item showcase though.

What's there to showcase here?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Jun 22, 2015, 10:07:46 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Congrats on a lucky purchase. Use it. I'd personally feel much better about it if I had found it myself, but can't really explain to you why.

Maybe I can.

I'll give it a try.

Once, about 10 years ago, I really wanted an item in a game called D2. The item was a Herald of Zarconum (or something spelled correctly). The game thwarted me for over a year, and I got plenty of other stuff more valued by the trading community, so I finally broke down and traded for it. I even remember what I traded it for... an Ethreal version of the same item. Turned out the guy I traded with was later shunned by the community as a cheat and I knew the item I had traded for was a cheat. By proxy, everything I had used that item for was done because someone cheated. That pretty much ended my trading days. Haven't even considered trading in any game since. I'd rather know that I'm not cheating than risk it.

Why was the item considered illegitimate? There was never any bugged version of HoZ (atleast not on the realms)
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Thankfully I don't play standard to care about legacy items.

Now if I did I have every single mirror item in the game and every game legacy item in the game /brag but you know what I don't have? Most of the alt arts. /brag
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Emjayen wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Congrats on a lucky purchase. Use it. I'd personally feel much better about it if I had found it myself, but can't really explain to you why.

Maybe I can.

I'll give it a try.

Once, about 10 years ago, I really wanted an item in a game called D2. The item was a Herald of Zarconum (or something spelled correctly). The game thwarted me for over a year, and I got plenty of other stuff more valued by the trading community, so I finally broke down and traded for it. I even remember what I traded it for... an Ethreal version of the same item. Turned out the guy I traded with was later shunned by the community as a cheat and I knew the item I had traded for was a cheat. By proxy, everything I had used that item for was done because someone cheated. That pretty much ended my trading days. Haven't even considered trading in any game since. I'd rather know that I'm not cheating than risk it.

Why was the item considered illegitimate? There was never any bugged version of HoZ (atleast not on the realms)

It was on single player and the HoZ wasn't bugged but would rather have been downloaded from an item pack or was possibly a duplicate traded multiple times.

On a side not I remember the good old SPF days. Used to trade there and got a grail -1 at one stage but eventually deleted and went self found as the trading community got rather infested with dupes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info