Chris Appreciation Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
"
If I am ever in New Zealand I will definitely try to stop by and share a couple mid-day white russians with Chris and his crew.

He doesn't drink much.

As for visiting the office? It's sort of awkward, because you're all like WHOA I AM IN THE GGG OFFICE I CAN TALK TO ALL THE DEVS and they're all like it's Monday morning and I'm at work and I have this deadline to meet and thank fuck for coffee.

In other words, it's nice and it's interesting but ultimately it's a workplace and they have jobs to do. It's not exactly Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
While this is of course true, I find your choice of analogy amusing, given that I do generally offer strange candy to visitors, some of whom regret eating it.

probably bought from diagon alley
thx for making your and our dreams come true chris.

@Gixxerdude

That's freaking funny... But a good question I was mostly on the east close to the middle.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I used to like him too until he completely f*cked up the map drop rate.
It was already bad and he made it 10x worse.

I'm actually starting to wonder if Chris Wilson is related to Jay Wilson.

"............ and then we doubled it."

"
yazzlecat wrote:

I still can't comprehend how can some people think that all the changes in the beta (and in general) are made by Chris himself.

Do people realize that there's a whole team making the game? It's not just the decisions of a single man. They use these drastic changes like EB, monster damage, map drops, etc to gather info. This is a BETA. It's for TESTING. And even if most of the changes appearing in the beta make it to the live version, they'll have a reason for them. This is why we have beta keys, so they see how we feel about these things. They've been managing the game for years now... but all I see on the forum and reddit lately is 'omg my map drops are gone imma quit ggg sucks". Calm down.

Also the thread should be called 'GGG Appreciation Thread'.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Jun 18, 2015, 9:46:23 PM
"
yazzlecat wrote:

You may have misread the title of the thread, if you want to make your own thread please feel free to do so.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
yazzlecat wrote:

How dare you speak of Jay "The Anti-Chris" Wilson in this thread! Further utterances about The Dark One will not be tolerated.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
komlosi wrote:
"
yazzlecat wrote:

I still can't comprehend how can some people think that all the changes in the beta (and in general) are made by Chris himself.

Do people realize that there's a whole team making the game? It's not just the decisions of a single man. They use these drastic changes like EB, monster damage, map drops, etc to gather info. This is a BETA. It's for TESTING. And even if most of the changes appearing in the beta make it to the live version, they'll have a reason for them. This is why we have beta keys, so they see how we feel about these things. They've been managing the game for years now... but all I see on the forum and reddit lately is 'omg my map drops are gone imma quit ggg sucks". Calm down.

Also the thread should be called 'GGG Appreciation Thread'.

Yes, that's very true and I don't disagree with any of that.

But I guess you aren't aware that Chris himself has been and is driving the mapping changes. It's not a "sudden" beta decision. This has been discussed many times in the forum and on reddit for months. There are even posts from Chris on reddit about nerfing mapping drop rate over the past few months and most of it is related to how a few power streamers (let's call them the 1%) get to lvl 100 so quickly, on hardcore. So to stop this, everyone is being penalized just to stop the 1% from hitting max lvl.

Instead, they want us to run 66-70 maps for a much longer period of time. Not only is it boring and tedious, but it's a waste of time when you're not getting XP, any challenge, and finding a +1 map every 10 maps. (forget about +2, even with boss kills - current beta stats show +2 is around 1-2% drop). You go run 100 lvl 70 maps just to find 1-2 lvl 71 maps. How fun!

Also, in the beta, there are currently still complaints about boss's not dropping +2 maps, and people are struggling to find any high level maps even with insane quality/mods. Again, go read the various posts on the beta discussion forum.

TLDR: Yes, it's a beta, but the map nerfs have been in progress for quite some time now and it's ruining end game content for many people. I don't see Chris changing his mind on this, hence my post.
Carto box mods are being nerfed, Bambles - best not to bring it up, we don't want people flooding this Chris appreciation thread with their salty tears of no-perspective.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
TheWretch wrote:
I like his game. He's probably a cool guy. This thread reads like a 16 yr old fan writing a letter to her idol's fanclub though.

I thought the message was one of perspective - no matter how much we get upset about this change or that, it's still a pretty crazy accomplishment for a small (OP says medium, but it didn't start out medium) group of passionate people to outdo the AAA folks at their own game.

Beyond that, everyone likes being appreciated, so why not Chris and the other folks who make the game possible (oh and its fucking free btw).

#appreciate
#gjGGG
#justindieARPGthings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info